Wheelcahirs and DIsneyQuest

autumnblue

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with using a wheelchair at DisneyQuest. Are there things you can do from your wheelchair, are there things that you can easily transfer into etc? I'm thinking about getting tickets but I'm just not sure if there will be anything for me to do.

Thanks

Autumn

I'm a paraplegic who uses a manual chair and I've been to DisneyQuest. I think you could have a great time there if you like arcades and it's not crowded.

The day I went it wasn't very crowded but still there were lots of people hovering around certain areas waiting to use the machines. Waiting and working your way up is kinda tough in these situations. I do know that there were alot of things I could do. They even had a few spots designed specifically with wheelchair users in mind.

I never did get close enough to the virtual reality stuff to be able to comment on those though.

We had Premium Annual Passes on that trip so we didn't have any problem with walking in for an hour or so and then leaving. I wouldn't have been happy to spend the full admission price just to go in and be overwhelmed by the crowds.

We are going in May. My husband is a c4,5,6 quad. We will be going to DQ. I will report back here on what is accessible. My friend who did go said there is a lot you are able to do.
see you in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter