wheel chair seating at movie theaters ?

Before I learned to drive, when I took public transportation to college, I would generally sit in the very front so I could see where I was going cuz I sometimes missed my stop if I couldn't watch the roads by the driver. Those seats though were reserved for Senior Citizens, people in wheelchairs/scooters, etc. (the section of seats would lift up out of the way to make room for the wheelchair/scooter). There were a few times I was asked to move for a person in a wheelchair, or a Senior Citizen, or a pregnant lady, mother with children, and I would gather my stuff and move. There were signs that said you might be asked to move for Senior Citizens, wheelchairs/scooters, etc. Sometimes if I noticed a pregnant lady or an Senior Citizen get on the bus, I would offer my seat to them without being asked. (I would move without being asked for the wheelchairs/scooters too but before I could gather my stuff, stand up and switch seats, the driver would be asking me to move even before he opened the doors! lol)

It's a shame some people are so... *trying to think of the right word* self-absorbed, self-centered, or just plain rude. You would think that if an able bodied person saw somebody in a wheelchair come in with family/friends, it would just be common sense and common curtesy to move and find some place else to sit/stand without being asked... or if they are asked they wouldn't give any lip about it. Some people just lack common sense and common curtesy I guess! (But fear not! There is hope for the younger generations, I'm 21 yrs old and I know that I and all my friends/family would willingly move for somebody in a wheelchair and for their companion too!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter