wheat-free lunch

Ambassador

DIS Veteran
We have read here how the executive chefs and staff are exceptionally helpful with special requests for dinners, if noted in advance on PS requests. But what about lunches at counter-service in the Parks?

Your suggestions and experience is appreciated, thank you.

I think most of the counter service locations have special foods available. Some of these may include potato rolls or bread. I don't have the numbers, but if you ask for the Office of the Executive Chef at each park they should be able to help you. Also the manager of each restaurant will normally have a list of special foods available at that location.

We found these phone numbers provided by another poster on these boards. Thank you.

MAGIC KINGDOM Executive Chef 407-824-5967
EPCOT Executive Chef, 407-560-7483
MGM STUDIOS Executive Chef 407-560-1347
ANIMAL KINGDOM Executive Chef 407-938-2441

Last year I inquired about the counter service and carts through those phone numbers and someone emailed me documents listing some common items and the allergy information. It was detailed enough to list every food at every CS place but had things on it like where to find sugar free or peanut free items (wheat and milk free too - etc) and what those things were and it listed the ingredients of things like Dole Whips, pretzels, and what kind of oil the popcorn was popped in and so forth. My son doesn't avoid wheat but perhaps that sort of list would be helpful to ask for.

I have read that one can ask for a manger of the CS place and they should be able to provide you with ingredient information. I haven't had a chance to try it out for myself yet (last summer's trip got cancelled) but hope to get a chance this spring or summer.

One of my freinds is allergic to wheat and gluton, and is latose intolerant. She's been to WDW with me twice, and has never had a problem finding something to eat for lunch or dinner.

Anne

Sue,
do you think it would be useful to add a "food allergies" post to the FAQs page?
-dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter