• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your top Polynesian Longhouse choice with standard/garden view?

What's your top Polynesian Longhouse choice with standard/garden view?

• Total voters
Is there a reason the Niue isn't a first choice? I was thinking of requesting a first floor there in late August. It seemed to be a good distance from both the pool and transportation, but I have never stayed at poly before so I'm just guessing at what would be the best choice.

Is there a reason the Niue isn't a first choice? I was thinking of requesting a first floor there in late August. It seemed to be a good distance from both the pool and transportation, but I have never stayed at poly before so I'm just guessing at what would be the best choice.
Well, if OP wants a balcony, Niue is a poor choice.

Well, if OP wants a balcony, Niue is a poor choice.

I was just adding on my own personal question to post, though I had no idea Niue didn't have balconies since I was looking at first floor. The questionarie at the top of this post asks which is your favorite longhouse, it doesn't specify any restrictions like balconies and still no one chose Niue. I was just hoping for some feedback on if I should be reconsidering which to request.

I was just adding on my own personal question to post, though I had no idea Niue didn't have balconies since I was looking at first floor. The questionarie at the top of this post asks which is your favorite longhouse, it doesn't specify any restrictions like balconies and still no one chose Niue. I was just hoping for some feedback on if I should be reconsidering which to request.
Her first post mentioned 3rd floor, though, so I know I certainly assumed she wanted a balcony, not a patio.

Niue is okay. It's very central. You do have to keep your drapes closed.

Stayed at the Poly in February for the first time (on points, so DVC room). I checked out the resort and with a standard view I personally would definetely request Niue facing away from main pool, but 2nd instead of 1st floor, even without the balcony and elevator. Niue 1st floor rooms seem not to be very private because a lot of people walk close by.

Depends on the view you want. We were in Aotearoa and had a great monorail view last year. It was super quiet and really close to the great ceremonial house.

Attachments

• IMG_1507.JPG
    IMG_1507.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 29

I've stayed in Fiji and Aotearoa and really liked both. However, I give the edge to Fiji as our view facing luau cove/GF area was really pretty, and I didn't find the walk to the GCH or TCC worse from one or the other. There are buildings closer to the TCC, but I have never found the walk from the other side of the GCH that much longer at all.

Both stays, I asked for top floor and balcony on checking in along with my building request. Both trips, including one during a very busy time (Christmas) was met. I really liked our stay there both trips.

I like Rarotonga. We were in room 1828 last year. We didn't have much of a view at all, except for a big ol' plant but it was so hot and humid we never sat on the patio. I loved it because we were literally steps from the GCH and both pools and a 5 minute walk to the TTC. In my opinion, it was also a very quite room. I plan on requesting that longhouse again this year.

I've stayed in Fiji and Aotearoa and really liked both. However, I give the edge to Fiji as our view facing luau cove/GF area was really pretty, and I didn't find the walk to the GCH or TCC worse from one or the other. There are buildings closer to the TCC, but I have never found the walk from the other side of the GCH that much longer at all.

Was the Aotearoa quite? I'd be afraid it wouldn't be with the Luau. We picked Samoa, but now I think I want a quieter room. I was really afraid the the monorail views would be loud.

Was the Aotearoa quite? I'd be afraid it wouldn't be with the Luau. We picked Samoa, but now I think I want a quieter room. I was really afraid the the monorail views would be loud.
Our room in Aotearoa was very quiet! Didn't hear a thing from the luau and only heard a soft whirring noise from the monorail when on our balcony...didn't hear it in the room at all. Also, my in-law had a GV room on the other side of Aotearoa the same trip...a big tree was in front of most if their balcony, but you could see the lagoon and castle from the corner (they loved it).

We've stayed in Tokelau (pre DVC) and Samoa Volcano pool view, 3 rd floor. Samoa was by far our fav. Even though we faced main pool, we never heard anything with balcony door closed. Best view ever!

We booked a standard view room at the Polynesian in March. We were placed in Rarotonga on the 3rd floor facing the quiet pool. We were very happy with our room. The location was great, we were so close to the Great Ceremonial House and bus stop.

Attachments

• IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 31
We did Fiji, 1st floor, marina view. We were the second room from the entrance closest to the GCH. It was a very short walk to get food, to the pool, to the monorail. We absolutely loved it. We really wanted 3rd floor but 1st floor ended up being awesome. The patio was lovely.

I'm finding all the replies so helpful! Thank you!
Any opinions on TPs advice to only submit a room request through them & not direct through Disney during online check in? I figure it couldn't hurt to submit a request through TP, but still mention I'd like a balcony during online check-in so Disney knows that's a top priority?
Thanks to all!

Hi folks!

I would like to recharge this thread, thinking of requesting Fiji standard for upcoming trip. I have seen travel website reviews that the condition of rooms in Fiji are in poor condition. Has anyone traveled recently with feedback or can recommend a longhouse? We haven’t stayed at poly since 2004 and stayed at Tuvalu. I know the resort had updates awhile back, any input would be much appreciated!

Thank you

does anyone have any more pics of aotearoa room views? i would love to see the monorail from the patio if i stayed at poly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter