What's your record studio stay with a full house?

Longest for us was 8 nights in a Moderate room with 4, when the kiddos were 10 and 7 1/2. That was the last trip where we crammed ourselves in to a single hotel room/studio for so long. Now, we only do so for 1-2 nights at most, as we much prefer connecting rooms or 1-2 BRs (as the kiddos are now teens, 16 and 14).

The only time we squish together now is when we cruise, because I can't bring myself to pay for 2 staterooms yet. The Disney cruise is too expensive as is! We did 4 nights on the Disney Magic early this year, before Covid-19, and 7 nights to Alaska last summer. It's easier to manage on a cruise because we are so infrequently in our rooms when cruising, even on Sea Days, that we can deal with the tight living quarters. But on our Disney trips now, we DO spend a decent amount of time in our rooms/resort that we want the extra space. I think it's also that our expectations are different on a cruise vs resort stay now.

Before I bought into DVC, my husband and I shared a standard room on the hotel side for nine days at Beach Club with our three sons who were 10, 12 and 15 at the time. Since it was our first trip, it was a super active vacation and we were so excited to be there, we didn't mind. That trip ruined us for deluxe resorts, we've never stayed at a moderate or value!

But I digress. Fast forward, the most we've had in a studio is four at PVB for ten nights. It was a stretch and the only thing that made it tolerable was that awesome split bathroom. Would I do it again? Yes, if I was sharing it with the same people but only if I was so short on points that it would prevent me from booking a longer stay or if it was going to cut into a subsequent trip. Since I recently added on at Riviera, I'm hoping that will no longer be the case. ;)

Last edited:
Just curious, I saw the thread about people preferring 1 bedrooms even if it's just for two. I can certainly understand that comfort and privacy factor. However, to save points this year we booked five of us for 8 nights in a Poly studio (Me, wife, 3 teens). No privacy except in the bathroom lol. Granted we were pretty active, and the room was mostly a crash pad. What's your record length studio stay with a full house (5 in a studio, or 4 in a four person studio)?
Five nights at the poly with five adults, more than once! Usually our trips would start off with three, myself, hubby and son (a special needs adult). Then friends/family would express interest in our trip, we would invite them if they didn’t mind being “cozy” in a room together. Poly’s two bathrooms made it workable. One of our previous invitees became DVC Member’s too. Just like you, we were staying in studios to save points and have more trips.
With that said, our first 2br stay at AKV Kidani -awesome. First 1br stay at OKW w/ only 3 people-spacious.
having a kitchen and laundry facilities in the room-priceless.

I'm not used to having privacy at WDW haha. :crowded: We had five kids, three are teens and were on this trip, and two older ones that were not. This was the first trip without the two (now grown up) kids.

I have 5 kids also.... but I need my privacy! I'm an only child and love silence & being alone (which pretty much doesn't exist with children, much less 5 of them 🤣🤣)

17 nights with 4 of us! 2 kids under 10. We made it through and it wasn't even that bad. Although we have never stayed in a 1 bedroom or more so we can't miss what we have never had.

We haven't stayed DVC yet, but we just did ten nights with four adults at Pop! NEVER AGAIN! It was my husband, myself and two of our adult daughters. That's three adult females getting ready in that tiny room. We also had to squeeze a wheelchair in the room. That wasn't bad when the table bed was up, but was a real task when it was down. We made an offer on 160 points at SSR when we got back. It will mostly be husband and I staying in studios, and we will bank and borrow for larger rooms when kids come with us.

0 nights.

We have done 8 nights in a studio with 3 that was our limit.

We are firmly in the 1 bedroom for 2 camp. We are lucky our points were bought long ago and enough to stay in a 2 bedroom with 3 kids so we now have plenty for 1 bedrooms. If we had to stay in a studio we wouldn't have bought in.

9 nights. First 4 nights at BLT standard view and then 5 nights at beach club. 4 is/was the max in those. Kids were mich younger at the time so they were smaller... But that really pushed our limits on how long we can do studios. We have a small contract so studios were kinda out only option to go as often as we wanted. Now that we have a teenager and a soon to be teenager... I think the next few trips will be shorter but 1 bedrooms. Stayed at a BLT 1 br recently and we all loved it. From an economics standpoint. .. for a 3 day weekend... Its @ half the points to go the studio route. And that's why we did it.

We did 10 nights in a BLT studio with 4 of us plus an ECV. Very tight quarters, but it did have a lot of storage! At the time, our choice was either 5 nights in a 1 BDR or 10 in a studio. We opted to be at WDW longer. Don't think we'll be doing that again, but it was a very active vacation and we spent a lot of time out of the room.

One advantage of the kids getting older, that folks haven't mentioned, is they don't have to be in the room with you all the time and vice versa. So the resort becomes a spare living room when you're stuck in a studio. So if we want privacy...we just start kissing, and suddenly all the teens look horrified and go hang out elsewhere. 😉 OTOH, we can just go out and let them fend for themselves.

This thread is giving me hives, lol.

Usually 3 (me, husband, daughter), but once did 3 nights at BCV with 4 (added our niece). Have bumped up to 1 BR when daughter brings a friend, but in the future will limit those to Kidani or BLT. I don't like sharing a bathroom with teenage girls!!!!

2 BR when bringing family (although we once did connecting studios at Poly and that was nice).

I'm doing 8 days in a Poly studio in January with my dh and a dcousin, and my daughter and son in law may pop over for a night. We do have other relatives to visit if we get too cramped, but my question is, does anyone have any tips for using the space in the bathroom? It seems like there could almost be some suitcase or clothes storage in there, if I could think of a clever hack?

I'm doing 8 days in a Poly studio in January with my dh and a dcousin, and my daughter and son in law may pop over for a night. We do have other relatives to visit if we get too cramped, but my question is, does anyone have any tips for using the space in the bathroom? It seems like there could almost be some suitcase or clothes storage in there, if I could think of a clever hack?
I’m a morning person, I actually used two drawers and a shelf in the rain shower bathroom to store some of my clothing since I would get ready before everybody else. We also would use the space where the connecting room doors are to put some of the suitcases, would hang some clothes up in the closet and use the drawers under the beds. Bathroom with tub is quite large and I’m sure you could store a suitcase there if needed.

I don't know about anybody else.. bit studio or 1 br... We never pack more than 4 days of clothes. I will do laundry in the laundry room (studio)or the room if 1br. Nothing worse than having to check luggage with airlines lol

I have a feeling I will need more points!! We just bought 150 Riviera points in August. We rented points back in March and put our family of 5 in a studio at Kidani Village. It was perfectly enjoyable for us as my son was still in a pack and play (which fits well into the doorway of the adjoining room at kidani!). For April 2021 we are doing split stay at studios at Boulder ridge and riviera. I am very excited for both the extra twin bed at both and the pull down style queen at Riviera. I think we will be comfortable in a studio this time but I have definitely checked points for 1 bedroom - I just love the idea of keeping/banking extra points for our next trip!! Maybe we can add on and graduate to 1 bedrooms!! Can’t wait for that!!

Did that last year with two high school seniors, boys, not small boys either both tall and my son was, at that tim,e beefed up from playing football. Also had my 16yr old daughter with us but it was great. Kids were hardly in the room, everyone slept great. We could have definitely stayed longer than the 4 nights we did but we ran out of points so moved over to shades of green, also in a studio for another 4 nights. I should add my husband uses a scooter and sleeps with some big machines so we had a lot of stuff in our room, don’t think any other studio would have worked. We loved that someone could be showering and getting ready keeping the other bathroom for “business”, lol.

We just came back from a 2 week stay . . . 7 nights in a poly studio and another 7 nights in a Riviera studio with 5 people (2 adults and 3 children). Additionally, we have done many other studio stays at poly along with studio stays at Beach Club and Grand Floridian. It is much better at Poly, due to the larger size, but have been fine in all of them with 5 people. Frankly, we are really only in the room to sleep and shower, etc. If we were to spend more time in the room, we would likely want larger accommodations. We have also stayed in 1BDRs at BLT, OKW, and HH. The added space is nice, but might not be worth the extra points, as we spend so little time in the room.

Family of 5 here - kids are all boys - every trip they’d choose more nights instead of more space....we did 14 consecutive nights in a studio (6 nights at Boardwalk and 8 nights at the Poly) a few years ago. Another recent year, we did 11 nights in a Beach Club studio followed by 4 nights in a 1 BR at Animal Kingdom’s Kidani Village.

We drove so we had more space to bring stuff. We traveled with a large set of plastic drawers for more storage space and a folding drying rack for more space for wet bathing suits. We also are huge fans of Ebags packing cubes - each person has several and each has a different color to organize their belongings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter