• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your oldest piece of Disney attire?

I still have a charm bracelet from the 70s. It's a bit damaged, but I didn't have the heart to get rid of it.
Funny story about this bracelet. I wore it a lot when I was a girl. At some point, one of the charms broke off and went missing.
When I was in my 30s, the church I grew up in did a huge remodel project including new HVAC. At some point in the process, I went into church, and sitting on a little table where we place programs was my Disney charm. Apparently it was found in the ductwork and the person who found it set it up there in case it belonged to anyone. So it was returned to me like two decades later.

I have a gray mickey hoodie from 2009 that I wear multiple times a week year round. I also still use a Mickey key chain from our first trip with our kids from 2005. I know it’s not clothing but I do use it every day.

A fuchsia sweatshirt from 1991 I bought at the Polynesian gift shop that is embroidered with a framed mass of tropical flowers in various colors. Polynesian Resort is embroidered below the frame. I remember almost talking myself out of it because it was an eyepopping $50 at the time.

I have a gray polo shirt with the 4 parks logo that I bought on our first trip in 1998. I still wear it occasionally under a sweater. I also had to buy a Rainforest Cafe T-shirt that trip because it rained so hard my original shirt was soaked and I was freezing as we ate in the restaurant. Have given that to Goodwill.

I have a 'Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand' T-shirt from our 2000 trip I still have but it is a bit too big on me, and a 100 years of Magic shirt from a trip after that that is also too big. I keep them as souvenirs still.

I have a t-shirt from my first trip to DLR, summer 1965. I was 10, it doesn't fit now.:)

I have a blue Mickey Mouse tshirt from either our 1976 or 1980 trip. I can’t remember anymore. It hasn’t fit in a long time and it’s not in such great shape but I don’t want to throw it out.

I still have Mickey ears from my visit to Disneyland in 1972, in a box with other childhood mementos. I had a WDW bicentennial (America On Parade) t-shirt from my first visit there in 1976, and an Epcot Center T-shirt from the 80’s, but both are long gone.

I didn’t/don’t buy apparel/souvenirs from the parks as an adult; only for DS when he was young.

A blue Mickey sweater that I got when pregnant with first child. Almost 25 years old.😊

Great thread!
One of my favorites is a pink shirt from Dixie Landings from early 90s. I had it boxed up for a long time, came upon it a few years back and have worn it once since finding it.
Now it hangs in my walk in and I always smile when I see it

Oh my, I may have dig "some" out. I have several clothing items from the 90's. I threw everything together one Halloween."about 10-12 years ago". I went as an "obsessed Disney Park fan(antic). DSiL Walked up and asked, "what happened? Thought you were dressing up. 🤣 You look like your normal self!)🙄

2006 Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights long sleeve tee shirt. I also have a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tee shirt from that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter