• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what's your must eat at restaurant?

Beaches and Cream because I'm obsessed with the No Way Jose ice cream. We absolutely love the entire Crescent Lake area, so it makes for a good after dinner walk too. My husband loves Crystal Palace for breakfast with the Hundred Acres crew. And the entire family loved Garden Grill when they still offered breakfast.

(Insert name of a Quick Service restaurant located at the resort I am staying at) is my must eat lol I like the convenience and flexibility of when I eat.

If it is a runDisney race weekend, anywhere that serves a basic cheese flatbread or puffy pizza bonus if they also serve breadsticks

I do have some favorite places but I do not have a must-do for every trip. When in the parks, I have a tendency to revisit more often than others:

Magic Kingdom - Sleepy Hollow
Epcot - Biergarten, Via Napoli, Le Cellier, Karamell-Kuche, Maple Popcorn Cart
Hollywood Studios - Oga's Cantina
Animal Kingdom - Satuli Canteen, Pongu Pongu

I only had my first Wookiee Cookie from Backlot Express my most recent trip. I am doing resort only next week but I have asked a couple fellow runners to see if they could obtain one for me.....maybe Backlot Express will be the singular answer in the future :scratchin:)

Are we talking quality food meals like maybe Victoria and Alberts, California Grill, Toledo, Flying Fish…
Or OMG I’ve walked 20,000 steps around Disney and need buffet stupid grub now?

Tiffins! They used to give out gifts like chocolates and personalized cards to repeat diners, which made it even more special. Sadly those extras have gone away, but we still love the food there so make sure to go each trip! (Also a close second is Nomad Lounge, we also try to go there at least once a trip)

There are places that we try to fit in every second or third trip. However, these places I'm listing are locked in every trip for us. Some of them are for the food, atmosphere, service, others are for nostalgic reasons. Our list has changed a little with our son getting older.

Breakfast: Kona and Boma. It used to be Tusker House, Ohana and Crystal Palace when our son was younger. Early entry in park for two of these. Get some great pictures of Cinderella's castle early morning when the park is empty. Its roped off through, so you can only get so close. Boma and Tusker are almost identical ( I think Boma is better), you don't have the up-charge of characters at Boma.

Brunch: Homecomin'. At Homecomin' brunch, you can order almost anything that is on the main menu as well as what is on the brunch menu. Its a win/win. Get your moonshine sipper early :smooth:

Lounges: Nomad, Tambu, Trader Sam's, Territory and Three Bridges. These places are all fantastic for different reasons. A couple of these took the place of the next door restaurants we used to visit. Cheaper and faster way to go without being tied down to a reservation.

Lunch/quick eats: Yak & Yeti , Polite Pig, Boathouse and Sleepy Hollow. We don't generally eat a big lunch (reserved for dinners!) But these four places we always hit. Yak & Yeti restaurant I'm referring to, not outside.

Dinner: Flying Fish and Boma. This is the toughest part of the list because of changes since covid and general chef changes here and there. My wife and son love Boma's dinner buffet so its always in the plans. Flying Fish was hands down the best signature restaurant on our last trip. It's locked in for next visit.

Ohana dinner and Cali Grill used to be auto reservations for us every trip. Unfortunately, Ohana just isn't the same anymore. I don't care for the changes. I know I am probably in the minority on Cali Grill but I just don't think its anywhere near as good as it used to be. Not a fan of prefixed menus. I do miss going there though. Was always a great night if you timed your reservation right to watch the fireworks. Anyone remember the "snake in the grass"?

Narcoossees, Jiko, Le Cellier, Shulas and Topolino's are all on the "every other trip" list. Jiko was a disappointment last visit. Although I think our waiter was the main reason for our not so good night.

I need to have the almond crusted cheesecake at Narcoossee's. The three years it was closed has caused me withdrawal symptoms...

I know this may come across cheesy, but 50s PTC is my must do every trip. I love the atmosphere, the antics, but the food, IMO, is some of the best on property. Love the fried chicken, and a PB&J shake at the end, now that's good eatin' :goodvibes

Raglan Road, Homecomin’, and Geyser Point. We like many others, but these are the one we always return to.

Flying Fish
Sci Fi - the kids go while we hit BD outside lounge
Yak Yeti or Nomad lounge

Do a lot of others but these always are musts.

Have never been to AK lodge would love to try some of the restaurants over there.

Fish N Chips shop in U.K. Epcot. I've eaten so many fish n chips in my life and these are legit my favorite.

Via Napoli. We’ve been every trip since they opened. Sometimes twice a trip.

HBD lounge has been a regular our last few trips. Sometimes twice a trip too! It’s a favorite for DD. She loves the food and vibe of the place.

It is at WDW, it's just at Kat Kaka's Kettle. Plus at WDW you can get it with alcohol and you can't at DLR if I remember correctly.
I found it in the app and when we went last month. I thought it was at Ronto Roaster's or Docking Bay.

Used to be Ohana but that went too downhill. Now it's probably Beaches and Cream. We love it. Very relaxing.

Beaches and Cream because I'm obsessed with the No Way Jose ice cream.
Same here! And what's nice is that the last 3 times we've been to Disney, it's been fairly easy to get Walk-Ins at Beaches and Cream. It's hard to get ADRs in advance, but then when we get there, we can get in that day for our No Way Jose sundae.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter