• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your least favorite popular restaurant?

Be Our Guest: Mediocre dinner and really bad breakfast. Huge dining bill.... itty bitty portions (I remember my shrimp/scallops in the puff pastry had 2 shrimp and one scallop for almost $30).

Artist Pointe: Our one dinner there had inept service and really bland/boring food (I had scallops, DH had filet... both had no seasoning at all... not even salt). Also, being stuck at a tiny table right by the kitchen doors, wedged between a huge column and the windows (with a lovely view of stacks of deck chairs) while the restaurant was only about 40% full didn't give a very nice ambiance.

Le Chefs de France: I didn't know filet mignon should have the texture of a Nerf ball with equal amounts of fat and meat evenly distributed throughout the filet (you could literally squeeze it like a squishy sponge... very difficult to cut with a knife). I also didn't think cream puffs (dessert) were supposed to still have a frozen middle and be wet/slimy on the outside.

For me I would say Crystal Palace is the worst experience we've had at Disney....horrible service and the food was awful! We are a family of 6, so the server was automatically getting his 18% tip, so he didn't even try to give good service. We never even received drink refills. I will say we have not had that issue at any other restaurant at Disney though.

CRT is overrated, for how much you pay the food was just okay with very small portions. I get it that you're paying to eat in the castle and meet the princesses but they could up their game a little as far as the menu goes.

And last is Rose and Crown. I was very excited to have the fish fry here because everyone raves about it being the best. It was far from good, soggy with the batter falling off.....gross.

Chef Mickey's - awful food and pandemonium for breakfast! I think we'll give it another try when our YDD is a little older, or if we are staying at BLT more. But for now, it's not in rotation.
'Ohana breakfast - same! The character interaction was good, but it was noisy and the food was only marginally better than CM.
Mickey's Backyard BBQ - I realize you're there for the show (for the kids) but the food - ugh! I felt like I was back in my elementary school cafeteria, and not in a good way! And also, LOUD.

That said, we are generally pleasantly surprised when we eat at WDW. Then again, when dining with little kids, we are probably the ones making it a less pleasant experience. Our 5yo's favorites include CRT and BOG dinner. Last time at BOG (we've been once each trip since it opened, I think), the food was way too salty. But previous visits, the food was very good. CRT, I feel, had stepped up its game and the food seemed better in 2016 than it had been previously.

One would be Sci-Fi Dining. I love the theme of the restaurant and think it is a fun concept. I felt the cars were just a haven for sticky spots and greasy fingers-----too hard to clean well in between guests, IMO. . .and, I don't enjoy the back of people's heads that close to my food. I know there are a few other seating options----but face it, you go for the cars!

Coral reef.
Had to wait forever to be seated and the food was just okay. Haven't been back since.

For us it would have to be Kona breakfast. I was so excited to try it and the food was gross. I couldn't even eat it. The service was horrible. I was just glad to pay our bill and get out of there.

I do like 7-layer salad though :-)

Be our Guest lunch- My DH got the carved turkey, it was bread meat and cheese, they left off the dijon, and my DS got the grilled cheese and half of his sandwich had NOTHING on it, it was just bread. Very disappointing.

To me, Wolfgang Puck's restaurant was bad. Their express is good, though.

Coral Reef - food was ok, but service was awful and the attitude when we complained was too so won't go back.

BoG: food was not great for that price. Nice place, but I can skip it now.

Wolfgang Puck's: I wouldn't know if the food was good, because we waited for almost 30 minutes and no one came by to get our order. (At 15 minutes after being sat, I went to the hostess stand and asked them to find our server. I received an eyeroll and a half hearted "ok". Spoiler alert: they never moved off the podium, and we left. Wasn't busy at all; we walked right in and less than a quarter of the tables were being used.) We ended up at.....

Bongos: Decent food, bad bad service. A 2 hour meal that we could have been done with in 45 minutes if not for the service. Guess that wasn't our night to eat at DS.

Brown Derby: The food, again, didn't live up to the reputation or the price.

PoP food court: The food wasn't that great. I'd rather walk to AoA for cs.

Most people seem to love Garden Grill but we hated it. Terrible food. Kids wouldn't touch it, even the dessert, an I could hardly blame them. Made for a bad start to our trip.

Curious whether those of you saying 'Ohana were talking about breakfast or dinner? I have high hopes for breakfast!

Curious whether those of you saying 'Ohana were talking about breakfast or dinner? I have high hopes for breakfast!

I'm interested in this too! We have a breakfast booked next month ... have never been there for either breakfast or dinner. I'm not normally too into breakfast food, but the kids wanted to see Stitch.

I'm interested in this too! We have a breakfast booked next month ... have never been there for either breakfast or dinner. I'm not normally too into breakfast food, but the kids wanted to see Stitch.

I think the breakfast is decent. Standard disney breakfast - eggs, waffles, bacon, fruit, bread, etc. We've been a few times because my kids love stitch, never had a problem. Tried to get them to try garden grill in August, but no, we're back to stitch. :-) Didn't take quite as long as some of the other character breakfasts (CP always seems to take forever for us, always waiting a while for that last character to come around).

Marrakesh...probably doesn't live up to the "popular" name. But I had one mediocre meal there, it was loud and echo-y, and when presented with our bill the (also mediocre) server actually said to us, "don't forget my tip." Whaa???

BOG.
Food was bland and had no flavour or taste. And our service was terrible. Our entrees came out before our soups. Then when they came out again they were the same plates. That had been sitting under heat lamps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter