What's your favourite type of food?

Sushi. I am a sushi and sashimi fiend. Every few months, when I'm not saving for a Disney Trip that is, I treat myself to a huge amount of it. The restaurant always sends like, four pairs of chopsticks because they assume that a group is eating it, when it's really all mine. I like Japanese food in general.

I guess I like Tex Mex best, but I like all different kinds of foods and when I travel I try to eat whatever is popular locally. (Exception: I don't eat organs or bugs. :D )

Chinese, especially Sichuan and Taiwanese. We usually eat Chinese food at least twice a week

no favorite? there's stuff i don't care for much and tend to pass on like
most thai (places around us make even the most 'mild' too hot, not a huge fan of coconut) and anything with peanuts or bacon as one of the secondary ingredients b/c (like the coconut in thai) it just seems, for me, to flavor the entire dish with that ingredient. beyond that i enjoy most anything and love trying something new to me.

no favorite? there's stuff i don't care for much and tend to pass on like
most thai (places around us make even the most 'mild' too hot, not a huge fan of coconut) and anything with peanuts or bacon as one of the secondary ingredients b/c (like the coconut in thai) it just seems, for me, to flavor the entire dish with that ingredient. beyond that i enjoy most anything and love trying something new to me.
Just some useless random info I always found interesting:
Thai food outside of Thailand is an invention by the Thai government. (maybe this belongs in the conspiracy thread?)
I always wondered how a small town could have a couple of Thai restaurants that are almost always empty.

In 2002, the Thai government launched the Global Thai Program, a diplomatic initiative with the aim of increasing the number of Thai restaurants worldwide. The state provided training programs, grants, and information to Thai investors who wanted to open restaurants abroad. As part of this campaign, Pad Thai — a dish with virtually no cultural history — was positioned as Thailand's national dish and pioneered a culinary campaign funded by the Thai government with 500 million baht ($15 million USD).
https://www.foodandwine.com/why-are-there-so-many-thai-restaurants-7104115

Not a fan of Thai for the most part other than the half a roast duck dishes like Duck Choo Chee. The appetizers are usually disappointing and very overpriced.. I usually get appetizers from a Chinese Restaurant and then food from a Thai restaurant as my wife likes it.

Anyway
For the most part I find the only places worth eating at are Indian, if you have every made a real Indian curry its a lot of work. If you can find a good Indian with a buffet that is always the best option. Also many have a Royal Dinner that is usually an excellent value.
Also if they do Nepali food that is a plus IMO, specifically lamb Momos. Cant get enough of those.

I like Italian, but many pasta dishes are way overpriced, and I can make them at home, often better sadly.

I like American Chinese Food, but its usually very greasy and too much salt. Real Chinese food can be interesting, but you really need to know what you are getting.

Also avoid anyplace that makes Thai, Chinese, and Japanese food as well as Sushi - its usually not good.

All Asian (including Indian), Italian, Mediterranean and seafood. Also love me some comfort food (burgers, fries, chicken tenders, Mac n cheese and such) but it's not on my heart healthy diet though I do have my cheat days. I guess seafood would be my top...love steamed shrimp and white fish and sushi (also Asian) and crabcakes and king crab and crab soup and Szechuan shrimp, shrimp lo mein (also Asian)....so I guess seafood and Asian are my tops.

As for Mexican food. It's a hit or miss for me. It's cheap eats and I love some nachos and sometimes enjoy fajitas and also like quesedillas but overall it's carby food and I'm not into the rice and beans that always come on the side. I also love spicy hot and find Mexican food to not be. Unless you get hot salsa or jalapeños. The husband is not a fan so we tend not to get it often. Though most of our friends pick it when we go out with them.

Last edited:
I always wondered how a small town could have a couple of Thai restaurants that are almost always empty.

the thai places do a huge buisness around us-and there are wealth of them (as well as several korean). i have always attributed the popularity in the small towns we've lived in to the fact that in both cases they were located in close proximity to air force bases. word on the street has always been that if you want the best/most authentic of either of the cuisines to keep an eye on where the military members are frequenting.

For the most part I find the only places worth eating at are Indian, if you have every made a real Indian curry its a lot of work. If you can find a good Indian with a buffet that is always the best option. Also many have a Royal Dinner that is usually an excellent value.

i love good indian food-i find it flavorful vs. too hot/spicy. unfortunatly we do NOT have an good options near us. there are a couple of places but i think they probably rely on the same premade sauces i can get off a grocery shelf myself so i figure why not just make it at home. the one place that was PHENOMINAL and very authentic/in house made sauces had to go under when the owner/chef returned to india (he sold the place but despite a couple of different tries noone could meet the standards that chef set and the large customer base dwindled to nothing).

i live near a big 'foodie' city-lots of restaurants but unfortunatly there are some glariningly unmet cuisines. no decent indian, no greek at all-mediteranian in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter