• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite "splurge"?

I think my favorite splurge is pretty much eating whatever i want when in the parks. Even though I can be kind of picky, i'm a foodie. My hubby and I went to DL/DCA in March and we were lucky enough to be able to go to Club 33, which was definitely a splurge. (I know someone who knows someone, which is how we got in.) While i'm glad that I got to experience Club 33, i wouldn't do it again. It was good experience (from food, to ambiance, OK service), but unless we could actually go the bar and eat in the bar next time, i wouldn't do it again. (At least not for dinner, lunch could be different.)

My husband is also really big into watches, so if we have the money, i like to surprise him with a new Disney watch when we go. I'm hoping when we go in August for our anniversary i'll be able to splurge on one of the Dooney wristlets that i've been wanting for awhile. :smooth:

Thanks for all the great ideas...holding out for an announcement on the return of Fantasmic! but keeping other ideas in mind if that falls through!

Gosh, this made me realize I guess we never splurge! My kids have food allergies so we don't usually dine "fancy" at Disney, we often do one character meal, although I think we are going to skip that this trip (I am starting to find character dining with little ones stressful, I don't get to eat as I am filling their plates, and running back to take pictures and video). We really want to try Blue Bayou, but I don't see anything my son can eat, so I am afraid to book it (and he is the one who wants to eat there the most! But we ALWAYS get park hopper passes. I wish park hopping was still included, because that is something we have become accustomed to and now can't live without!

WOC dessert party! Did it for the first time last August and now I can't imagine doing WOC again without it :hyper:

My kids have food allergies so we don't usually dine "fancy" at Disney... We really want to try Blue Bayou, but I don't see anything my son can eat, so I am afraid to book it (and he is the one who wants to eat there the most!

If there is one place that I feel confident abut having food allergies accommodated its at the Disney fine/signature dining restaurants. I brought my niece to DL last March and she is allergic to everything (peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, dairy, shellfish, citrus fruits) and that Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle the chiefs came out and talked about substitutions and which menu items could be accommodated for her. Blue Bayou has delicious gluten free rolls by the way. It was fantastic service and they were so beyond awesome working it all out for us. Contact the special diets CM's for more info at special.diets@Disneyland.com or read what I posted about the information the gave me [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/are-you-scared-yet-my-october-2016-trip-updated-11-6.3509771/#post-55797247"] here [/URL]

These are all so interesting to read! As an AP and a local I do go a lot but I don't splurge often. Never been to Club 33 as I don't have a connection but I love reading everyone's stories.

Blue Bayou is a once in a while splurge. Carthay Circle and the World of Color package too! Once or twice a year if that. I would love to go more often but it would take the "specialness" out of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter