• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite "splurge"?

All of these sound great. Hadn't thought of the tour...will have to check that out, but not sure if kiddos would appreciate it.
Keep em coming! Love hearing everyone's personal favorite!

The best splurge ever for us was the Frozen Dining at Carthay. It is not something we will do again but for our family (wanted front row for a wheelchair vision impaired frozen freak DD) it was worth every penny. But it was insanely expensive and way too much food. Second best was BB for F! I don't consider WOC a splurge because that is just the only way I am willing to see it!

F! BB dining package-I am a bit biased as F! is my favorite. My number 2 would be the dessert party maybe but...after seeing what they get at the WDW dessert parties the dessert offered for WOC dessert party seem really lack luster and crummy and like you are paying a lot of money for a folding chair-not a dessert party at all. I really liked the Carthay WOC dining package because there is more value for me in a great meal and getting to enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant on a hot, long, tiring park day than the chance to show up late and sit for the 25 minute show but that is very subjective and you might find more value in the reverse. Plus none of my kiddos would eat any of the dessert party food except the grapes :crazy2:.

I like the WOC dessert party. It's nice to be able to sit down and be served after a long day of walking and standing in long lines. Between the bread basket, cheese and grapes, it can also be a substitute for dinner that night, making the cost a little bit easier to accept.

Napa Rose is an oasis of comfort, sanity, and absolutely delicious food. That is my splurge. It revives and recharges me for future days in the parks.

My favorite splurge when we are at the parks is to say "YES" instead of "NO" to my kids (within reason). If they want to skip lunch and have a Mickey Kitchen Sink in DCA instead, I say "yes". Pick up a shirt or two, a hat, new sweatshirt, etc, I say "sure, why not". At home, I say no quite often, so it is so fun to be able to say yes!

If I had unlimited funds, my daughter and I would take her 3rd grade class to DLR. Many of these kids live at poverty level and such a trip would be like heaven to them. But for just me, my favorite splurge on every trip is dinner at Ralph Brennan's.

My favorite splurge when we are at the parks is to say "YES" instead of "NO" to my kids (within reason). If they want to skip lunch and have a Mickey Kitchen Sink in DCA instead, I say "yes". Pick up a shirt or two, a hat, new sweatshirt, etc, I say "sure, why not". At home, I say no quite often, so it is so fun to be able to say yes!

This really made me smile AND brought back some lovely memories. My two sons are grown, but I can still remember their joy when the realized that 'rules go out the window when you walk in Disney's door'!

This really made me smile AND brought back some lovely memories. My two sons are grown, but I can still remember their joy when the realized that 'rules go out the window when you walk in Disney's door'!

Reading your response made me smile and warmed my heart! It is magical when you can say yes most of the time and know your pocketbook is still smiling too! LOL. Plus, I couldn't tell them no, while I am eating a mocha almond ice cream cone!

Another vote for F! dinner package. That will be our next splurge....but we will probably do the Halloween Party too!

Our splurge is probably eating out. We enjoy a tasty but light (lots of fruit, etc) free breakfast at our hotel and then eat where ever we want to for the rest of the day.

Our biggest splurge was Club 33 as a surprise for our daughter's graduation and 18th birthday. Probably our splurge every trip is eating out, having nice dinners that we usually would not spend that kind of money on at home.

Our biggest splurge was Club 33 as a surprise for our daughter's graduation and 18th birthday. Probably our splurge every trip is eating out, having nice dinners that we usually would not spend that kind of money on at home.

How did you get in to Club 33?

How did you get in to Club 33?
I was lucky enough to have a very kind gentleman contact me after I writing on these boards and ask if I would be interested. We had a very traumatic year. To this day, I still feel this was God's way of giving back a little after what our family had been through. We felt so blessed and fortunate , that the gentleman will never know. It is a memory that our family still talks about to this day. I wish I would have taken it in a little better, but we were so star struck and wanted to do everything by the book since we were a guest on his membership, we didn't want to screw it up. LOL

I was lucky enough to have a very kind gentleman contact me after I writing on these boards and ask if I would be interested. We had a very traumatic year. To this day, I still feel this was God's way of giving back a little after what our family had been through. We felt so blessed and fortunate , that the gentleman will never know. It is a memory that our family still talks about to this day. I wish I would have taken it in a little better, but we were so star struck and wanted to do everything by the book since we were a guest on his membership, we didn't want to screw it up. LOL

How wonderful of that kind gentleman! C33 is one of the three things left on our DL bucket list (Staying in the Dream Suite and riding in the Lilly Belle) but I doubt it will ever happen!

An annual pass. It means I get to plan 36hr layovers at LAX and side trips from other trips. But, how much of a splurge is it if you're saving money?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter