What's Your Favorite Song on Guardians of the Galaxy?

ShawnDadof8

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
Just for fun -- What's your favorite song on Guardians of the Galaxy? I've ridden it a total of about a dozen times now. It is definitely my favorite coaster in all the Disney parks. It seems the majority of times I've gotten "Conga" by Gloria Estefan. But my favorite song on the playlist is "One Way or Another" by Blondie. I do wish they would have used more of the songs from the first movie instead of the ones they've chosen. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SONG ON THE RIDE?

Would be helpful to have a list of all the songs:
  • Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears
  • "Conga" by Gloria Estefan
  • "I ran (so far away)" by a Flock of Seagulls
  • "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps
  • "One Way or Another" by Blondie
  • "September" by Earth Wind and Fire
Around Christmas, they have also had a version of Run Rudolph Run with modified lyrics.

My favorites are September and Everybody. Both are well timed to the ride. The holiday version was also fun to hear, but it wasn't timed as well, IMO, and I think that was maybe the only song they were running over the holiday time period.

It’s funny. We rode it 6 times when we were there a couple weeks ago. People would say, what song did you get? And I couldn’t answer. While I do know there is music playing I didn’t really pay all that much attention to it I guess. I felt like we had a good mix of them though and it wasn’t the same song over and over.

We’ve ridden probably 20 or so times and heard all but one song. I’d say we’ve had Tears for Fears close to half of the times. My husband’s fave is Blondie, I like Blondie and Flock of Seagulls but I think I actually like Disco Inferno the best (although we’ve only had it a couple of times). Not a fan of Conga, was surprised but it just didn’t seem to go that well. Still haven’t ever had September.

We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in February (highly recommended!) and during a rest break, our guide was was saying that she had ridden it 40 times (and hilariously keeps detailed stats on what song and which side she loaded on) and finally, on her last ride, got Tears for Fears. She said September is her most frequent song. We laughed and said it’s the total opposite for us!

I have been on the ride from AP preview trip and including the Christmas version, aka heard them all.

Me? Disco inferno
Dd29 Everybody Wants to Rule The World.

We both like September .

Total ? 30or more,

I have heard them all many times, it’s my favorite ride. My only disappointment is when you get 2 in a row. Otherwise I enjoy all of the songs since 80’s is MY music lol.

Would be helpful to have a list of all the songs:
  • Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears
  • "Conga" by Gloria Estefan
  • "I ran (so far away)" by a Flock of Seagulls
  • "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps
  • "One Way or Another" by Blondie
  • "September" by Earth Wind and Fire
Around Christmas, they have also had a version of Run Rudolph Run with modified lyrics.

My favorites are September and Everybody. Both are well timed to the ride. The holiday version was also fun to hear, but it wasn't timed as well, IMO, and I think that was maybe the only song they were running over the holiday time period.
Thanks for listing the songs. I had no idea they did "Run Rudolph Run" at the holidays.

Just for fun -- What's your favorite song on Guardians of the Galaxy? I've ridden it a total of about a dozen times now. It is definitely my favorite coaster in all the Disney parks. It seems the majority of times I've gotten "Conga" by Gloria Estefan. But my favorite song on the playlist is "One Way or Another" by Blondie. I do wish they would have used more of the songs from the first movie instead of the ones they've chosen. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SONG ON THE RIDE?
I really wish you could pick your song. My favorite is Everybody Wants to Rule the World, but I've only gotten it once.

Favorite In Order/# of times gotten it

EWTRTW: 1
Conga: 2
September: 1
Disco Inferno: too many to count, but at least 5x
One Way or Another: at least 4x
I Ran: 2

Last edited:
We've ridden probably 6-7 times. Our absolute favorite is "Everybody" but only got it a couple of times. Second fav is "September".
We strongly dislike "Conga", pretty much ruins it for us. LOL I'm a child of the 70's/80's so like all the songs regardless but to DD20 and I, Conga just doesn't fit the smoothness of the ride. Everyone has a different experience I guess.

Also think the order you hear my influence. I enjoyed songs after a few times but my 1st was my favorite, that kind of thing.
I got One Way or Another my first time and it’s my least favorite. Disco Inferno/September/Everybody Wants to Rule the World…in a three way tie for me! I had close to a spiritual experience the first time I got that last one but it’s the millennial in me 😂

We've ridden probably 6-7 times. Our absolute favorite is "Everybody" but only got it a couple of times. Second fav is "September".
We strongly dislike "Conga", pretty much ruins it for us. LOL I'm a child of the 70's/80's so like all the songs regardless but to DD20 and I, Conga just doesn't fit the smoothness of the ride. Everyone has a different experience I guess.
Jealous and agreed about Conga! The first time I rode I said I wanted anything but Conga, just came back and rode for the second time and we got September, which was soo much better but I would still love to hear Everybody Wants to Rule the World!! Hopefully next time!

We have definitely gotten the first 3, but I don’t think we have gotten the others. Maybe Blondie, but I think that was the exit song. It’s a toss up, but I think I like TFF the best. Love that song anyway, and it just matches the timing so well. Really makes the long sweepers feel even more swoopy🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter