• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite restaurant off Aulani but on Oahu?

blessed2BaMama

Earning My Ears
As we prepare for our October 2016 trip I am so blessed and thankful to read all of your helpful information! I am starting to keep a notebook with sections for each category of brilliance I learn. I am interested in your favorite restaurants off Aulani property- anywhere on Oahu, fast food, snacks or sit down, fancy or hole in the wall that locals love! It's our first trip to Hawaii and while we can cook in our 2br unit, we also want to experience Hawaii!! I have my hubby and 2 sons - an adventurous (food wise) 17 yr old and a 12 yr old who will eat new things as long as they aren't too out there!! Thank you all so much!!

I visit Oahu at least once a year or every other year and these are places I always have to hit up:

In Waikiki area:
  • Malasadas from Leonard's
  • 30 Day dry aged ribeye from DK Steakhouse
  • Appetizers/drinks at Dukes for the view
  • Breakfast buffet at Dukes
  • Korean BBQ plate at Me BBQ
In Kahuku:
  • Romy's garlic butter shrimp and fresh pineapple with ling hing mui powder on top.
In Haleiwa:
  • Matsumotos shaved ice, I like the lychee flavored syrup
From the grocery stores:
  • 100% Kona coffee
  • Coconut syrup
  • Hawaiian sea salt - I buy this to make Kalua pig at home

Breakfast:
Moeana Cafe
Crepe's No Ka Oi
Moke's Bread and Breakfast
Boots and Kimo's

Lunch:
Paina Cafe
Kahai Street Kitchen
Side Street Inn

I visit Oahu at least once a year or every other year and these are places I always have to hit up:

In Waikiki area:
  • Malasadas from Leonard's
  • 30 Day dry aged ribeye from DK Steakhouse
  • Appetizers/drinks at Dukes for the view
  • Breakfast buffet at Dukes
  • Korean BBQ plate at Me BBQ
In Kahuku:
  • Romy's garlic butter shrimp and fresh pineapple with ling hing mui powder on top.
In Haleiwa:
  • Matsumotos shaved ice, I like the lychee flavored syrup
From the grocery stores:
  • 100% Kona coffee
  • Coconut syrup
  • Hawaiian sea salt - I buy this to make Kalua pig at home

My goodness my mouth is watering.....

one of my favorite things is getting a steak and chicken plate at Steak Shack on the beach in Waikiki. It's just take out. But it's so good.

I haven't been to the Side Street inn, but it's on my list. I hear it's fantastic.

If you are in Kailua, I've loved Willow Tree (Korean) since we lived there in the late 1990's. Still as good as ever last time I went!

In Kapolei, we love (LOVE LOVE) Sushi Bay. You need to expect a wait for a seat; just write down your name on the list & wait. It's super good and cheap.

Breakfast buffet at Dukes

Would you say this is worth going out of your way for? We have time for one sit down breakfast while we're in Waikiki, and were planning on going to MAC 24/7 inside Hilton Waikiki Beach (not the Village). It's around the corner from our hotel and we saw it on the Food Network. But I do love a good breakfast buffet so now I'm torn! lol

you have to go to Dukes. Make a reservation 2 weeks in advance for a good table. Or Chucks above Dukes for tables with fabulous views

If you are on your way to/from Hanauma Bay (or just near that area) I recommend trying Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha for shave ice. Natural flavors and really good, plus the owner is super cool, he is there pretty often just talking to customers. Bubbie's ice cream is also a decent choice for that area, they have a ton of different mochi ice cream flavors that are yummy.

In Waikiki, we love Goofy Cafe, right by the Hilton Hawaiian Village. All locally/organically sourced and super delicious. I've heard breakfast is great but we've only done dinner, my husband claims it's the best steak he's ever had (and he's a steak connoisseur), the acai bowl there was also amazing.

Would you say this is worth going out of your way for? We have time for one sit down breakfast while we're in Waikiki, and were planning on going to MAC 24/7 inside Hilton Waikiki Beach (not the Village). It's around the corner from our hotel and we saw it on the Food Network. But I do love a good breakfast buffet so now I'm torn! lol

They have a huge assortment of things to choose from and if you are lucky you could get one of the tables on the outside with a great ocean view. I don't remember the exact price but it was fairly cheap for Hawaii :) Not sure it's worth going out of your way for but its one of my top picks to do if you have the time but it doesn't sound like you do.

Just across the street from the Aulani in the shopping center is Monkeypod restaurant. They have half off all appetizers during happy hour including their amazing butternut squash ravioli. I know, it might not sound that exciting, but it is incredible. The drinks are good too - a little expensive - but more reasonable at happy hour!

One more thought/idea - the luau at paradise cove (just about a block from Aulani resort) is great too! I don't recall cost but it is a great show and dinner.

If you like Chinese food, in each of our trips to Hawaii we always make time to go to Little Village Noodle House in Honolulu's Chinatown area. They have fun layered flavors, fresh specials and a friendly staff. We normally take away enough leftovers for another meal.

Assagios in Kapolei, a short drive from aulani. Good Italian. Reasonably priced. Decent wine list. Good service.
Another vote for this one! We've stopped there every visit (3) and enjoyed it every time.

Looking for a great breakfast or lunch? Anna Millers, 98-115 Kaonohi St, Aiea, HI 96701

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter