What's your favorite old FORGOTTEN Disney movie

Mindy5767

Loving My DVC Membership
I was listening to the Disunplugged Podcast today, and old movies were mentioned. I got to thinking. What are people's favorite old Disney Movies that are long forgotten? Movies that Disney no longer supports anymore. By supports, I mean, there is nothing of them in the theme parks, no t-shirts, no merchandise. I think mine would have to be:

1. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2. Escape to Witch Mountain (the original of course)
3. Candleshoe

What are yours?popcorn::

Here's our running list of fave's:
Escape to Witch Mountain
Candleshoe
Summer magic
Pollyanna
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Charlie the Lonesome Cougar
Pete's Dragon
Tron (Original)
Cool Runnings
Eight Below
Enchanted
Newsies
The Mighty Ducks (All 3 of them)
The Santa Clause (All 3 of these as well)
and National Treasure (Both of them)
Condorman
The Watcher In The Woods
Night Crossing
The Ugly Dachshund
Song of The South
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The flight of the Navigator
Basil the Great Mouse Detective
Oliver and Company
The Rescuers
Rescuers Down Under
The Cat from Outer Space
The Fox and the Hound
The Apple Dumpling Gang
Old Yeller
Herbie The Love Bug (all of them)
No Deposit No Return
Darby O'Gill And The Little People
Freaky Friday
The Three Lives of Thomasina
Gus
The North Avenue Irregulars
One of our Dinosaurs is Missing
Treasure of Matecumbe
Dr Syn: alias the Scarecrow
Hocus Pocus
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Black Cauldron
The Sword in the Stone
Robin Hood
Newsies
The Happiest Millionaire
Treasure Planet
Atlantis
Follow Me Boys
The Absent Minded Professor
The Shaggy Dog
The Shaggy D.A.
Son of Flubber
Flubber
Something Wicked This Way Comes

I was listening to the Disunplugged Podcast today, and old movies were mentioned. I got to thinking. What are people's favorite old Disney Movies that are long forgotten? Movies that Disney no longer supports anymore. By supports, I mean, there is nothing of them in the theme parks, no t-shirts, no merchandise. I think mine would have to be:

3. Candleshoe

I'm a BIG Hayley Mills fan and I'd love to see some Pollyanna "support" in the parks. I guess there kind of already is "support" for Pollyanna (Main Street/Americana), but not really.

3. Candleshoe

I hate to burst your bubble, but Chitty Chitty is not a Disney movie. Released originally in 1968 by United Artists, it is now available on DVD on the MGM lable.

The music was by the Sherman Brothers, and Disney favorite Dick Van **** was one of the stars. James Bond author Ian Fleming wrote the book, and Roald Dahl (author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) did the screenplay.

Interesting side note: during WW2, Dahl wrote the book “The Gremlins”, Walt Disney liked the story and planned to make a feature film based on the book. Never happened, but Dahl said that his experiences at the Disney Studio helped him in writing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Dahl was an RAF aviator and the Gremlins in the story are those little buggers that mess up aircraft.
:wave2:

Summer Magic

sounds familiar but I can't think of who was in that?

Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

that would have been #4

Charlie the Lonesome Cougar

Don't know that one.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Chitty Chitty is not a Disney movie. Released originally in 1968 by United Artists, it is now available on DVD on the MGM label.

The music was by the Sherman Brothers, and Disney favorite Dick VanDyke was one of the stars. James Bond author Ian Fleming wrote the book, and Roald Dahl (author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) did the screenplay.

Interesting side note: during WW2, Dahl wrote the book “The Gremlins”, Walt Disney liked the story and planned to make a feature film based on the book. Never happened, but Dahl said that his expieriances at the Disney Studio helped him in writing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Dahl was an RAF aviator and the Gremnilins in the story are those little buggers that mess up aircraft.
:wave2:

You've GOT to be Kidding.... Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... ISN"T a Disney Movie? :scared1: It starred Dick VanDyke, Sally Ann Howes and Lionel Jeffries. I swear I bought my DVD copy at the Disney Store. Maybe because Disney's Hollywood Studios used to be MGM Studios and this is an MGM film!! Did you know Benny Hill played the Toy Maker.

Dahl wrote Gremlins? The gremlins that became Magwaii's if you fed them after midnight?

s
You've GOT to be Kidding.... Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... ISN"T a Disney Movie? :scared1: It starred Dick VanDyke, Sally Ann Howes and Lionel Jeffries. I swear I bought my DVD copy at the Disney Store. Maybe because Disney's Hollywood Studios used to be MGM Studios and this is an MGM film!! Did you know Benny Hill played the Toy Maker.

Dahl wrote Gremlins? The gremlins that became Magwaii's if you fed them after midnight?

No, wrong Gremlins. The Gremlins in Dahl's work are the little devils that aviators cite as the cause of any mechanical mishap. The actual title of the work was "Gremlin Lore". If you have acess to the book, "The Disney That Never Was", there are some pre production sketches and more background info on the project.

Yeah, Benny Hill. Just try to picture the mid eighties Hill in a Disney movie.
:eek:

Actually it was the other way around. The Magwaii's became Gremlins.

It's been a while since I've been to the Disney parks. I may be in the minority with some of the movies I like, but these are some of my old favorites I don't see much anymore.

Pete's Dragon
Tron (Original)
Cool Runnings
Eight Below
Enchanted
Newsies
and National Treasure (Both of them).

Actually it was the other way around. The Magwaii's became Gremlins.

It's been a while since I've been to the Disney parks. I may be in the minority with some of the movies I like, but these are some of my old favorites I don't see much anymore.

Pete's Dragon
Tron (Original)
Cool Runnings
Eight Below
Enchanted
Newsies
and National Treasure (Both of them).

I used to call my older daughter a Magwaii because she'd go eat after midnight all the time.

Mighty Ducks is actually supported because I believe it is one of the movie themes at All Star Movies Resort. I'd love to see more of Pete's Dragon. When I went to Disney World with a friend of mine when we were in college in the early 80's we bought a great big huge stuffed Pete's Dragon.

Hayley Mills and Burl Ives star in Summer Magic.

Oh yeah!!! I'd LOVE to see that again. Anything with Burl Ives .. gosh... he was great!:cloud9:

I'm a BIG Hayley Mills fan and I'd love to see some Pollyanna "support" in the parks. I guess there kind of already is "support" for Pollyanna (Main Street/Americana), but not really.

I bought it a few years ago as it is one of my all-time favorites. Think I'll watch it tonight!

Yeah he was. I lucked out got, I the DVD for it at Wal-mart for 6 bucks! They also had Pollyanna, The Apple Dumpling Gang, Old Yeller and The Love Bug all for 6 bucks each!!!

Yeah he was. I lucked out got, I the DVD for it at Wal-mart for 6 bucks! They also had Pollyanna, The Apple Dumpling Gang, Old Yeller and The Love Bug all for 6 bucks each!!!

You got which one?

I'd love the get the Love Bug ones for my DD. I HATE:headache: Wal-Mart.. but if that's where they have them..... I'll have to throw caution to the wind and try it. Nothing ever goes right at my Wal-mart though. :eek:

I created a running list of fave's in the first post. I should have reserved the 2nd post... Oh well! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter