• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite dining room?

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
Of the rotational dining rooms, I think I am most looking forward to Animator's Palate and Enchanted Garden (love the theme). This is our 1st cruise.

What are your favorites? Do they all serve pretty much the same thing, just in a different setting?

Thanks! :goodvibes

This will be a fun thread to watch! We've sailed Magic, Wonder and Dream ... of these, the Dream's Animator's Palate is our current favorite. Each restaurant has its own themed menu -- so the options are very different across the three venues.

For theming, our favorite has always been Animator's Palate - especially on the Fantasy and the reimagined Magic (never sailed on the Dream).
However, food wise we absolutely loved Cariocas this past summer on the Magic - this may not be a popular opinion, though 8-). From reading these boards a lot of folks don't care for it, but it was hands down our favorite menu.
It's been a while since we've been on the Wonder, but we also loved Parrot Cay. That also might be an unpopular opinion, but we thought it was kitschy fun!

They all have their pluses and minuses. I think we tend to enjoy the more casual, fun venues.

For theming, our favorite has always been Animator's Palate - especially on the Fantasy and the reimagined Magic (never sailed on the Dream).
However, food wise we absolutely loved Cariocas this past summer on the Magic - this may not be a popular opinion, though 8-). From reading these boards a lot of folks don't care for it, but it was hands down our favorite menu.
It's been a while since we've been on the Wonder, but we also loved Parrot Cay. That also might be an unpopular opinion, but we thought it was kitschy fun!

They all have their pluses and minuses. I think we tend to enjoy the more casual, fun venues.
Agree, loved Cariocas menu. Animator's Palate's show and decor are really entertaining.

Enchanted Garden is our favorite. I just love the theming. It is so beautiful in there. We have our "favorite" foods in each MDR, so it doesn't matter to us food-wise. Animator's Palate is the most fun, so that's a close second.

I really enjoyed all the dining rooms - and interestingly have a different favourite on all the three ships I have been on:

Wonder: Triton's! I love the understated under the sea decor there. On the Fantasy and Magic the corresponding dining rooms were my least favourite ones though.

Magic: Animator's Palette. The updates they did there work very well and it seems much more festive during the show than the crush show. However, I truly dislike the animation show they do on the longer cruises on Fantasy and Magic in AP! I do not like the limited menu and can't see anything fun in watching someone else's bad drawings run around. To see my own a few times does not make up for it for me. So, this is the meal I will try to skip on every future cruise from now on.

Fantasy: Enchanted Garden. I know, the popular opinion on here seems to be that this is the dining room to avoid, but I love the menu and find the atmosphere calm and soothing. I guess I like green/blue color schemes (see above for Triton's).

I have a family of picky eaters. We are sailing on the Dream and would like to get recommendations for which places are good with picky eaters?

Animators on the Magic is always our favorite. Just was there a couple of nights ago and forgot that Mickey comes out at the end of the show and our DD got a high five from him while he walked around.

It really made her night.

I like AP. I think it's more "Disney". Love it.

Not a fan of EG. We ended up there 3 times in September.

Don't like Enchanted Garden or Cabanas for Dinner menus. We really enjoy the atmosphere and menus at Animators on both the Magic and Dream.

I second this! I think Cariocas menu was fantastic. Enchanted Garden is our least favorite. It feels so claustrophbic and dark. The Dream inaugral menu was good but have not been impressed with the Fantasy or Dream since.

Cariocas is probably our favorite along with Animators Palate. Royal Court and Lumiere's probably our least favorite.

I'm in the minority here but I don't care for Animator's on the Dream or Fantasy. It is too loud and the I feel the last night with the drawing is way over rated. Your picture is only on the screen for a few seconds and they rush you through the meal so you have time for it

My personal favorite is Royal Palace on the Dream (escargot, wild boar, creme brûlée, it can't be beat). I also love the theming. It feels so elegant to me while keeping the Disney magic. I agree with Weedy; I've never been a huge fan of Animator's. I enjoyed it very well years ago on the Magic, but I haven't seen it on the reimagined ship. I'm just not such a huge fan of Crush. It seems too blatantly childish to me for a restaurant, but I've also never eaten there with kids, so maybe I would like it more if I could enjoy a child enjoying it.

I have a family of picky eaters. We are sailing on the Dream and would like to get recommendations for which places are good with picky eaters?

Honestly, I don't think you'll have a problem. You can look at the menus ahead of time to see if there will be something you'll like, and if not, you can request a more basic meal from your server and they'll be happy to do whatever they can for you, whether that means a substitution or altering the meal to your needs!

We've sailed the old Magic once- on there we loved animators as it was our first cruise way back in the day. After that we sailed 8 times in a row on the Wonder. On there we loved animators originally and then slowly began to love parrot cay. We finally sailed on the dream and loved enchanted garden the best. We have a 14 night EBTA on the Magic in May so that may change our favorite restaurants once again. We'll see. We've found its all about table location as well. Sometimes a crappy table can make you really hate the dining room.

I'm in the minority here but I don't care for Animator's on the Dream or Fantasy. It is too loud and the I feel the last night with the drawing is way over rated. Your picture is only on the screen for a few seconds and they rush you through the meal so you have time for it
I didn't care for Animator's on the Dream either, for the same reason.

My favorite is Animator's Palate because of the show (on the Magic) and the pasta purseittes (best appetizer ever)!
Agree 100% with this, love both shows on the dream class ships. Crush is fun and I love seeing drawings from other people. Also the purseittes are the best. I order them as my appetizer and a couple more orders for my entree, I'm so in love with those things!

Least favorite is EG, just not a fan of the theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter