What's your favorite character breakfast?

Fall1

DIS Veteran
We are planning 1 character breakfast during our 4 day stay next month. It can be a park or hotel, we will have 2 11 year old children with us. We've done WDW lots but this is our first DL trip and I'd love to know which you'd suggest.

For reference, our kids love Chef Mickey's at WDW for the classic characters! Thanks!

Definitely Minnie and Friends at Plaza Inn. Can’t be beat for the amount/variety of characters.

However we also LOVED Storytellers for character breakfast. Best food hands down.

Agreed, minnie and friends at plaza inn has a huge variety of characters and they're always lots of fun! You also usually get more than the standard 5 characters for a character meal, i've counted up to 8 different characters when i've been.

Storytellers for the best food, it's also a lovely atmosphere. Goofys Kitchen has all the classic characters and the food is also great but it's very expensive!

The character breakfast at the Plaza Inn. You get to meet lots of characters, the food is good, and it's fun. We like to go for a 10:30 am reservation so we get some rides in for a couple of hours. Then when we're ready for a break, that's when it's time to check in for the reservation!

The character breakfast at the Plaza Inn. You get to meet lots of characters, the food is good, and it's fun. We like to go for a 10:30 am reservation so we get some rides in for a couple of hours. Then when we're ready for a break, that's when it's time to check in for the reservation!
This is what we always did when our boys were still interested in characters. Works out great if you do EE or RD.

Did storyteller once but didn't like the character interaction there

PCH Grill at PPH is our favorite. The buffet has a great selection & we really really love Stitch!!!

Storytellers left a bad impression on us the last trip. Somehow the character rotation got off and one side of the room saw the characters 3 times before our side got to see Mickey, Minnie or Pluto. It was over an hour before we saw anyone besides Chip and Dale and it took more than a half hour for them to come by.

Minnie’s at the Plaza Inn. Although, this last trip, we weren’t nearly as impressed as we were the first time, but still had a lot of fun—Chip and *especially* Dale are the BEST interactions—we love Eeyore too. We did Goofy’s the previous trip and weren’t impressed at all with the interaction or the food.

Minnie's! You never know who might pop up. We are WDW vets too and it is our favorite of any character meal at both WDW and DLR. We typically see Hook, Fairy Godmother, Max, Minnie, Chip or Dale or both, and a Pooh character or two, but there is usually at least one surprise. Rafiki is pretty common, but we don't always see him. Over the past several years, on different visits we have run into Alice, Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dum, Brer Fox, Mary Poppins Penguin, Pinochio, Gepetto, Susie (mouse from Cinderella), Perla (mouse from Cinderella), and probably a few others I am forgetting. Even if we just have the standards we typically see with no surprises, it is still a lot of fun!

We used to enjoy Goofy's but a few years ago they standardized the characters and we have not been back since. It is just like any character meal you can go to at WDW. Unless things have changed it is almost always Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale. I think Mickey might occasionally show up.

Last edited:
We've been to the 3 resort ones....we always go on departure day so don't enter a park.
We like Storyteller's and had a great time there. DGD danced with the characters and had an excellent time. It was hard to get her to leave.

Over the year we have been fortunate to do them all but our favorite for breakfast is Minnie and Friends
We also like doing the 10:30 seating after an early morning start. If you take your time and draw it out by the end it’s almost empty and you get great character interaction.

Last April we had table “13”. When Fairy Godmother came to visit us she said it was Walt’s special table where he would sit and could see out to Main Street. It was a wonderful story

Another vote for Plaza Inn. We are used to seeing 4-5 characters doing character dining at WDW, so we think it’s a great value to see a good variety of so many characters at Plaza Inn, plus it’s already a perk that it’s in the park already. We also opt for the 10:30 reservation and it’s a great brunch break for us after having an early morning start.

Depending on the OP's preferences:
Donald's at PPH: smaller, so can have longer/more personal character interaction; only character meal with Stitch!
Storytellers: best food
Goofy's: only character dinner -- this can be a very fun way to kick off a visit if you dine the night before you start your park days
Minnie's: most characters, inside DL!

There is a new princess meal at NR: no reviews yet, steep price tag of $125/person

I've not done Plaza Inn...simply because I don't want to spend prime park time at a 90 minute meal. I've done Storytellers: food wasn't all that everyone claim it is, and the character interaction was lacking. Too bad, because I love Brother Bear.

Ariel's was always great for my daughters. Better for lunch, though. Better food for the high price you pay.

Goofy's is also better for a brunch/late breakfast. Character interaction is great here and plenty of food.

But my favorite has always been Mickey's Surf's Up. That's changed recently to a Donald breakfast. Donald's my fave, so I don't see this one changing on the list. It seems the characters spend more time with you here, and the food is just as good as any other breakfast buffet at Disney. Plus, you can do this BEFORE you go into the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter