What's your favorite cat litter?

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
I've never been super particular and usually buy Scoopaway, but it's not awesome with odors.

I foster kittens so I need a great litter.

Not interested in pearls or pellets.

Breeze pellets.

Sorry.. missed you last sentence OP

Last edited:

GUEST_54272b06-b8e0-41ab-82f6-6c4087e086b2

This is my favorite litter for multiple cats

I have several cats, and I only use Special Kitty, sold at Walmart. It clumps well, hides odors and doesn't track or have much 'dust' . I pay about $10 for a 40 lb box

I have two fuzzy babies. How I keep odors down:

Fresh Step Multi-Cat Unscented. It's strong, but no smell. It's the best I've used. I don't use anything scented, my kitties will refuse to use it. (Divas.)
Disposable litter boxes. I scoop 2-3 times a day, but I only keep the boxes a week. Then the boxes go out and they get fresh ones. This has done wonders for odors.
Litter Genie. I'm not enthralled with the product, I feel it's pretty flimsy, but it does work.

Our preferred type is the Tidycat with the black lid. (I have no idea what the name of the specific product is -- I just look for the yellow bin with the black lid, LOL.)

My cats are not too picky; they will mostly use what they get. The one exception is Arm & Hammer; they will go outside the box if we fill with that litter, so it's banned in our house.

PS: Looked it up, apparently the black lid variety is "4-in-1 Scented Clumping Clay"

My daughter uses the pine pellets. I had my doubts at first, but our cat uses them fine, and our house doesn't stink. Before she got the pellets we used the pine dust. Smelled fine and did the job.

I've never been super particular and usually buy Scoopaway, but it's not awesome with odors.

I foster kittens so I need a great litter.
We took in a lone survivor from my neighbors feral colony the day after he was born. He was abandoned and still attached to the rest of the litter (they didn't make it) (it was awful).

We weren't exactly prepared and just had the old yellow bucket scoopable and I got concerned about him cleaning it off his feet once he started to take to the litter. So we got a recommendation from the vet for a breand called sWheat Scoop, and send out a driver to pick some up from petsmart.

Absolutely wonderful stuff. Made from ... wheet and corn chaffe. It clumps but it's also digestible-ish. We got a more or less unscented version but it eliminates his horrible kitten formula pee stink.

I'm confused as to how this thread relates to Covid...oh wait... :rotfl:

My favorite litter was The World's Best Cat Litter (the one with the purple label). It really was great! But our female cat decided it was the world's best snack -- actually caught her sitting on the edge of the box scooping up pawfuls of litter and chomping away... ewwww. For a grain free kitty, not good. So we switched to sWheat Multicat -- works very well. To cut down on odors and to improve clumping, try adding about 1/4 C. - 1/2 C. (depends on the size of your litter box and the number of cats using each box) of food grade diatomaceous earth to the litter. It's a bit dusty, but it's okay if the cats lick that dust off their fur (make sure it's food grade!) -- the diatomaceous earth can kill parasites and worms! Since we started adding it to the litter, the odors almost disappeared, the clumping is much better, and (!) no fleas! The DE is inexpensive on Amazon or at Home Depot.

The best i've found is the Petco store brand, The name has changed over the years and right now I think they’re calling it so fresh. Once you buy either the jug or the pail, you can keep bringing it back for less expensive refills.

It used to be Fresh Step scoopable, but my wife found it very dusty.
Now she likes Arm & Hammer. Can’t recall the exact blend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter