What's your favorite candle scent?

Either Leaves or Sweater Weather by B&BW. I do love Christmas Eve from Yankee Candle around Christmas. Combined with the smell of the Christmas tree it is like heaven.

Does anybody know of any candle companies that make candles that don't smell "fake"? Yankee candle and BBW all smell ok in the store, but when they burn there is a very strong synthetic undersmell that I find really off putting.

I'd totally be willing to spend $50 if it is something really great.

I burn the wax cubes, and I dont know if I have a favorite but right now im burning "Gain"

Right now I have two Yankee Candles burning...I think it's autumn leaves and pumpkin something. I'm too lazy and cold to get up from under my blanket to verify. :rolleyes1 I burn apple and pumpkin scents this time of year. Usually Yankee Candles, but I agree that those inexpensive Walmart candles are really fantastic!

In the winter, I burn Hollyberry and Christmas Cookie together and it's my absolute favorite combination.

I don't burn many candles because they tend to bother DH. But the Almond Cookie Yankee Candle seems to be the exception. It smells like the rainbow cookies that you can get here in NY.

Does anybody know of any candle companies that make candles that don't smell "fake"? Yankee candle and BBW all smell ok in the store, but when they burn there is a very strong synthetic undersmell that I find really off putting.

I'd totally be willing to spend $50 if it is something really great.

Yankee were the ones I found didn't smell synthetic. (I got out of candles when my dad was here and on oxygen so I don't burn them anymore. I use vent sticks and got a Sage, too.) Go to craft sales. Often the cottage industries use essential oils. There was an AMAZING Satsuma one at a local dollar store about 5 years ago. It just smelled like an Orange Julius store. I was sad when they ran out of that stock because, of course dollar store candles are not known for smelling authentic.

I'm another lover of the Walmart candles! You can't beat $5. I have one called Coastal Woods burning now and I'm really liking it. I think it'll be a staple in the house from now on!

Watermelon but it is hard to find. Once you smell it, other scents are second best.

OP here. All these sound great. I have to get my tushy to Bath and Body Works...and definitely trying Coastal Woods from Walmart. I really am surprised how great the Walmart candles have been...for $5.

Pretty much anything from Bath and Body Works!!

I rarely buy the candles. I was disappointed when they stopped selling the scented oils. Now I buy the Wallflower refills, pull out the top/wick, and use that oil in my tart warmer :)

I am more of a fall fragrance person. I love Leaves, Mahogany Teakwood, and Salted Caramel.

I'm plugging my local candle maker. Her candles are divine and she hand pours every single one!

http://www.1820house.com/

My favorite scents are winesap apple (a tarter, true apple smell), cashmere sweater (which is like a spicey vanilla) and keeping room which she isn't showing on-line right now, but is a warm, spicy smell with a little smoke mixed in. She also does an AMAZING leather scented candle as well, which smell amazing and is super masculine.

Bath and Body Works "Winter" scent. I must buy six a year. Not because I use that many, but because I'm afraid they'll discontinue it so I stockpile. I must have 20 in the basement. I probably won't buy any this year.

I'm just now running out of my hoard of Yankee Candle Amber Sunset too :(

Other than that, anything lavender.

I'm another lover of the Walmart candles! You can't beat $5. I have one called Coastal Woods burning now and I'm really liking it. I think it'll be a staple in the house from now on!
Oh! That reminds me... I use the Walmart brand wax melts in the scent "Kiwi melon"(I think that's the name) all summer long. It smells like cantaloupe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter