What's wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridicule? Drama much? The post for me WAS TOTALLY IRONIC IN A FUNNY WAY. You are blowing this out of proportion and well as the OP.

A normal response would be to laugh at the irony of the her post. Instead she got defensive.:confused3

Drama much? You mean like everyone making fun of her post for its Irony? I just love how all these unwritten rules come out.

keep defending adults ridiculing children on a Disney Board. And you all talk about irony.

Has anyone noticed this new generation rarely talks about the animated Disney classics anymore?

I was a li'l concerned she was attemptin' to bash other teenagers 'n why did she remove this from her original post?:

It's just Glee, The voice, blah, blah, blah. What happened? I'm one of the few who still loves anything animated Disney. Why is that? Thoughts?

Did she want us to validate her feelin's that she's special 'n better than other teens? :confused:

I was a li'l concerned she was attemptin' to bash other teenagers 'n why did she remove this from her original post?:

Did she want us to validate her feelin's that she's special 'n better than other teens? :confused:

I think the answer is yes, or her question would have simply been "Why aren't Disney classics as popular as they used to be?"

See, what Iwas confused about was she trying to bash the new or old Disney? Don't just state "I love the classics" and expect a conversation to spring up ...elaborate!

The conversation between the modern Disney and its classics is actually a good one. I am not going to bash the "new Disney" because it has roots in the classic. For instance, without Annette there probably wouldn't be fame for Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus to even Brittney Spears and Justin Timberlake. New Disney's isn't all out bad as some of the most tearjerking moments to me came from the newer films (Toy Story 3 :sad1: )

Drama much? You mean like everyone making fun of her post for its Irony? I just love how all these unwritten rules come out.

keep defending adults ridiculing children on a Disney Board. And you all talk about irony.
If she's going to hang out with adults then she should expect to receive the same treatment as anyone else. I would bet that most of these comments would have been made if an adult posted too.

Back to the topic, do most teens care one way or the other about animated movies? It didn't seem to be on the radar of DS and hs friends.

Thanks. I'm 17 btw.... Just to all the rest of you, please stop being mean to me. I'd like to make a few friends if you gave me the chance.

I've got to agree with the PP that people were pointing out the IRONY of the OP, it had nothing to do with the poster being a teen or an adult.

No one is saying she MUST go to the teen board, or Gays to the Gay board, or photographers to the photography board. It was simply suggested that the OP might find more who agree with her viewpoint(s) over there. Of course she, and anyone, is welcome to stay and post on the CB. BUT, one should be willing to accept ALL responses, whether you agree with them or not. If a post is rude, offensive, or otherwise against board policy, report it.

to get it back on track. If you think no one talks or likes Disney stuff now as a teen, you should have been a teen 30-40 yrs ago. You know that dark time before VCR's let alone DVD's.

If you were a teen in the 70's and said you liked Disney stuff you would have been ridiculed out of school!
I would say more teens talk about Disney and admit liking it (my DD is in college and they including the guys will watch Disney movies-they all cried at Toy story 3 ) than ever before. When I was in college we watched SNL the great years! and the guys watched Charlies Angels with the sound off, not a Disney anything to be found.

Be happy with all the acceptance around now and enjoy what you like without looking for validation. Everyone likes different stuff and that is great.

Thanks. I'm 17 btw.... Just to all the rest of you, please stop being mean to me. I'd like to make a few friends if you gave me the chance.

Well, I cut ya some slack coz I thought you were 13/14, but what's with the criticism of other teens? :confused:

If she's going to hang out with adults then she should expect to receive the same treatment as anyone else. I would bet that most of these comments would have been made if an adult posted too.

Back to the topic, do most teens care one way or the other about animated movies? It didn't seem to be on the radar of DS and hs friends.

So if she was say, a lesbian, she would have been told to go to the GayLesbian board?

If she defended herself they would have said

Oh look, a lesbian is flaming you.

I havent seen that yet.

People like what is new and that is far from a new concept. I roll my eyes whenever my dad tries to get me to watch shows and movies from his childhood and my daughter does the same to me.

There are exceptions to this obviously (I could watch Gone with the Wind over and over again) but for the most part people tend to like what comes out during their generation.

And as much as I like Selena Gomez (she is the only one I like watching with my daughter) it is pretty ironic to complain about other kids liking the new shows when you have her in your avatar. You like what you like, they like what they like and neither group is "better" than the other.

It looks like the OP did repost this topic on the teen board and has nothing but supportive and like-minded responses from her fellow teens. MAN I love being right. Glad she found her way there. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yes, its right to ridicule kids. Revel in your Epeen
If that's ridicule, I'm not sure how the OP survived middle school & high school.

Here's the question... was the OP treated ANY differently than an adult would have been had they posted the same question? I think 'no'.

It looks like the OP did repost this topic on the teen board and has nothing but supportive and like-minded responses from her fellow teens. MAN I love being right. Glad she found her way there. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Are you sure that wasn't the Irish Coffee you had while reading the boards this morning?

OK, did you want people to validate your statement, or did you want to discuss it?

If that's ridicule, I'm not sure how the OP survived middle school & high school.

Here's the question... was the OP treated ANY differently than an adult would have been had they posted the same question? I think 'no'.

Yes, and here is a quote to why

Uh oh MM. A "teenager" is chastising you. :lmao:

let us change 1 word.

Let us change Teenager to other categories.

Gay

College Student

Photographer

Disney Cast Member

It got personal because she was a teen. All the above are other specific boards here on DIS.

Yes, she got treated differntly BECAUSE she is a child. The phrase, pick on someone your own size, comes to mind.

Unlike some other teens here, this one didnt portray herself in this thread as an adult, or adult like (as I have seen from other teens).

That is okay, I can see how deeply you all feel to be able to pick on the children in the forum. That simply because its anonymous, and a forum, it makes it somehow "okay" to pick on kids then epeen about it.

Be proud, be very proud of what you all have accomplished here.

Yes, and here is a quote to why

let us change 1 word.

Let us change Teenager to other categories.

Gay

College Student

Photographer

Disney Cast Member

It got personal because she was a teen. All the above are other specific boards here on DIS.

Yes, she got treated differntly BECAUSE she is a child. The phrase, pick on someone your own size, comes to mind.

Unlike some other teens here, this one didnt portray herself in this thread as an adult, or adult like (as I have seen from other teens).

That is okay, I can see how deeply you all feel to be able to pick on the children in the forum. That simply because its anonymous, and a forum, it makes it somehow "okay" to pick on kids then epeen about it.

Be proud, be very proud of what you all have accomplished here.

Since you quoted me, I'll respond.

I don't believe the OP is a teenager...or a girl for that matter. You obviously do and believe the OP needs defending.

I don't. And channeling Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

WOW. It's these type of threads that keep me from actually posting on the CB.

The DIS is supposed to be the 'friendliest place' on the web. I appreciate a bit of irony and sarcasm is like a second language to me, but wow, a bit over the line I think guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter