What's up with the Early PS times in parks

MPLsDad

DIS Veteran
Last week my cousin called for 6:30pm PS at Tony's in MK and couldn't get anything before 5:30. This morning I called for 6:00 PS for LTT in MK and was told the lastest was 5:45 because the parks may not be open that late. Is Disney Dining pulling a fast one, trying to fill up earlier seating or what? Don't they realize that the people who call 90 days out are planning fanatics and will change thier PSs once the times become available. It seems like a wasted effort for both guest and reservationist to me!! Your thoughts????:confused:

I'm guessing it's easier to book only early reservations and have to deal with people walking up if the parks are open later than to book later reservations and have to call and cancel all of them.

There seems to be a long lag from the time they post park hours till they open up seating at restaurants. We had the same problem for our upcoming May trip. My advice is to call every 3-5 days for updates. This worked for us. On our first full day MK is open until 10 and I really wanted a late seating for Castle. The latest they would initially give us was 5:30! After about a month or so we were able to get seating for 7:30.

Agree that their system is frustrating when trying to make plans.

We had the same thing happen to us for our dinner at Mama Melrose last August. About 3-4 weeks in advance, later times opened up.
I agree it is frustrating for planaholics like us, but keep trying and hopefully it will work out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter