• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's up with rolls of coins?

maybe to put in the bell ringer buckets-kind of nice to hear a clunk!

i remember a couple of years my mom gave my kids some cash for christmas-all in the form of coinage in a canning jar with a bow (kids thought they hit the jackpot!).

Kinda related...we do Christmas at my parents at Thanksgiving. Told my mom to give DD her cash in all 5s so I'd have Disney tip money. Yep, DD gave me her cash and I bought everything she wanted in Japan on credit. 🤣

i like 2 dollar bills for tips-i order them ahead of time from my credit union. always get a nice reaction and a big smile when i hand over a few.

I have absolutely no idea what I would do with rolled quarters 😂…… someone, please give me some ideas
Go to the bank and get cold, hard cash or should I say crisp dollar bills. Beyond that, I am clueless as well.

Do laundry mats still take quarters? The ones around here have all gone digital and are controlled by an app.

Both of the ones they go to only use quarters. The one in our town only takes quarters too.

We are in NH.

We travel a lot throughout the US and it seems 50-50 on what the laundromats take.

i like 2 dollar bills for tips-i order them ahead of time from my credit union. always get a nice reaction and a big smile when i hand over a few.
That was a popular thing on the Cruise line forum when I joined 20 years ago. I posted that a few years ago and there were people who didn't know $2 bills even existed. And when I went to the bank before my 2019 cruise to get some, the teller looked at me like I was crazy. She called over her supervisors who responded..."we can have those tomorrow, how many would you like". The teller looked very confused after that.

Even my college kids don't use quarters for laundry. It's debit/app, or last year, DD20 had a washer/dryer in her apartment (it was meant for people with disabilities--not sure all on-campus apartments have a w/d).

But, when we were in Maui last month, I had to do laundry, and it was quarters only. $3 per load x 3 loads x2 to also dry them. The remaining $20 in quarters, I left for DH, who was staying there an extra week and would need to do another load. That was at a Residence Inn.

My son loves quarters, but he's been collecting them from the different states and territories, and there are a couple different designs for each. He won't get rolls of quarters, but he likes to fish through my change and see what he finds.

That was a popular thing on the Cruise line forum when I joined 20 years ago. I posted that a few years ago and there were people who didn't know $2 bills even existed. And when I went to the bank before my 2019 cruise to get some, the teller looked at me like I was crazy. She called over her supervisors who responded..."we can have those tomorrow, how many would you like". The teller looked very confused after that.

at my credit union's local branch they hang on to them if people bring them in to deposit but it's few and far between so if you want a decent supply you ask about a week ahead of time so they can order them. we went to a high school graduation party about a year ago and got the BEST reaction out of the grad when our gift was opened with 25 $2 bills along with a note that advised them that it was always a good idea to have 'a couple of bucks in cash in their wallet in case of an emergency' :rotfl:

I have a couple of DGDs who likely have no idea about coins...or any actual money. It's all plastic to them, They are the cash-less generation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter