what's the worst view you could get?

janischa

Mouseketeer
A few years ago, my family and I went for a holiday in Disney Paris and we booked a standard room in one of the 'better' disney hotels; and the view was horrible (parking lot, rubbish bins). So that got me wondering, what are the worst views you could get at the DVC resorts? Especially BWV standard view I was wondering what the worst is that you could get? In terms of ugly view or heaps of noise or... whatever comes to your mind?

BWV standard is an easy one. Views are OK throughout standard but rooms closest to the front entrance are right above where they have and use the noisy luggage racks for loading and unloading luggage. In other words, if you have standard it is advisable that you not request close to lobby.

I had a bad view on the opposite end of BWV. We were at the end of the hall facing the Swan. Right above Jellyrolls dumpsters.

I once stayed at OKW in building 28. We really had no view, just trees that were almost touching the balcony. Made the room dark.

There's been several posts of VWL dumpster views at the end of the hall.

I had a bad view on the opposite end of BWV. We were at the end of the hall facing the Swan. Right above Jellyrolls dumpsters.

I once stayed at OKW in building 28. We really had no view, just trees that were almost touching the balcony. Made the room dark.

There's been several posts of VWL dumpster views at the end of the hall.

That BWV room may have been categorized as preferred view if it was facing the canal. Was it? If so that room should be taken out of the preferred view category.

A few years ago, my family and I went for a holiday in Disney Paris and we booked a standard room in one of the 'better' disney hotels; and the view was horrible (parking lot, rubbish bins). So that got me wondering, what are the worst views you could get at the DVC resorts? Especially BWV standard view I was wondering what the worst is that you could get? In terms of ugly view or heaps of noise or... whatever comes to your mind?

It depends on your definition of horrible. The BWV standard views have a view of some water but also parking lot, main driveway with car and bus traffic and closer to the lobby, people checking their luggage with RAC, Bell Services, the Valets, and DME drop offs and pick ups.

It's "standard" for a reason.

:earsboy: Bill

That BWV room may have been categorized as preferred view if it was facing the canal. Was it? If so that room should be taken out of the preferred view category.

I think I got it as a standard view but that was when the office building was still there.

I've always been happy with other standard views I got, I always requested top floor, across from the bus stop. That time I requested the corner rooms by the pond and ended up down the Jellyrolls. Lesson learned.

There are some BWV preferred view rooms that are far worse than anything you'd get standard view - some rooms that look into other rooms. I believe some people have said the interior curve lake view rooms at BLT can have this issue as well.

VWL has the infamous dumpster view - not unusual.

There are rooms that have walkways going by them - although the room view itself is ok, you also get everyone walking by able to see into your room - so your view tends to be curtains (first floor woods at BCV comes to mind - any first floor room by a pool).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter