What's the Shortest Trip you have Planned that involves Flights?

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
DH was teasing me yesterday morning when he realized it was mid-September already and I didn't have a trip planned to WDW that involved the MNSSHP since I "tricked" him into the party for the last three years. Then next thing I know, he's pricing up a flight for me and looking at what is available for DVC room...only one night at OKW is available at the 31 day mark.:love2: He isn't able to go....or he's just trying to get rid of me.

I called my cousin to see if she wanted to go with me and was surprised she said yes (after she said I was nuts). She hasn't been in 20 years and hasn't flown in 30 years.

So we are flying out of NY for one night, just to go to the Halloween Party. I've never booked a Disney trip for less than 7 nights so this is really crazy but we are excited. It's going to be an exhausting trip. I just wish we were there a little longer so I could show the newbie around. This may spur her on to book her own trip though...she loves Disney but her kids were never interested. Although the crowds at the party could scare her off.:rolleyes2

So what is your shortest trip which involved flying and where were you flying from?

Laura

I'm flying out of Indianapolis next Saturday the 26th, at 6:35am, land at 12:15pm (no direct but it was cheap this close). flying home Monday night at 7:25pm. My family is going for the whole week. I couldn't talk the wife into coordinating to go along so I'm just flying down for a quick 55 hour vacation!

We are currently planning our first trip to the world for 2 weeks in February, but we are going to fly to Disneyland for a quick 2 day stop from Canada. I couldn't miss being in the park for the 60th.

I usually travel solo, leaving my Husband at home. We have no children. Usually my trips are 7 nights in early December. One May, I wanted to see the Flower and Garden Festival. I booked myself just 4 nights. I packed a lot into those 4 nights! On two different years, my DH booked the flight over with me, in order to stay just a day and a half. I continued on with my solo vacation after he left. I had the best of both worlds. I had my DH's company before he got grumpy, then I had my solo vacation. AND our two cats were only home alone for a day and a half. It all worked perfectly!

We usually do shorter trips, three to five nights. We flew down from North Carolina to have a postponed Christmas dinner at V&A in January 2013. I work at a restaurant and December is incredibly busy. Our Southwest plane landed at 3PM, checked in to the Beach Club (comp upgrade to a suite from the deluxe room), relaxed a bit and took a quick nap, and off to dinner at 9PM (fantastic as usual). The next morning we grabbed something to eat at the concierge lounge, headed to the airport about 11AM. Total trip time 24 and a half hours.

What's funny...we've planned a few 3 day trips, but things were planned far enough out that I let my obsession take over and would start adding days. So, my mini 3 day trips always seem to morph into 5 day trips. Still, I was willing to go for just 3, so that should count for something. I think :D

we're taking a weekend vacation for my birthday!! leaving on a friday afternoon (3pm), and coming back early morning monday! I've never done anything other than a full week.. so we're cramming 4 parks..in two days. sounds crazy to me, but it will probably be the best weekend ever!

Our last two trips have been for five nights. We are 11 hours away and use to drive every year but since DD is older now we have limited park time. We try to get early flights in and an afternoon flight home.

We did a spur of the moment (ok like 30 days out) trip in June. We flew in and arrived at 8 on a Friday, did the parks Friday-Monday, and flew back on Monday at 8 PM. It was great and the perfect length for a long weekend.

I went for the weekend with my sister (see TR). I flew out of ATL on Friday morning and flew back Sunday night.

We did a last second trip in December, which was in the same year 6 months after her first time going (and my first time in a long time). We went to EPCOT, DHS, and IOA... PS-we brought the cold with us, everyone was freaking out, covering the plants, buying up the milk, eggs, and bread at the grocery stores because of the frost warnings. Fun tip: made the snow on top of the homes in HPW looking very convincing.

I've never done a trip that short but before kids, we went once for two nights with flights. That was when you could get great deals of flights. I think we each flew each way for $49 per flight.

Ours will be this weekend! For our 15th anniversary this summer, we upgraded the whole family to AP. So, DH and I will be making a quick trip out for his birthday and our first visit to F&W. Long multi-leg flights for 2 1/2 days in the parks without kids. Family and friends think we are crazy, but we are SO excited! :mickeyjum

I've flown out of MA for a 3-day, 2-night trip and I'm thinking of doing a solo one this year from 12/1 - 12/3. Haven't been able to do a 2015 WDW trip yet and I REALLY want to see the Osborne Lights one last time. And the shopper in me wants to check out Disney Springs!! ;)

We live in NJ (my wife and I, kids are grown :dogdance:).............we're visiting for 4 days/3 nights in December for Disapalooza..............we've also have a reservation in July for the same time frame for the DisUnplugged 10 year anniversary. I must admit it is a challenge to find fights for such a short trip. However, we do have access to Spirit Airlines in Atlantic City......and Frontier in Trenton............so less expensive options are available..........although we didn't use them for December o_O

Doug :goofy:

For Disney or travel in general? I once flew into a city, drove right to a job interview, had the interview, and drove right back to the airport to fly home.

For Disney my shortest trip with flights was for the inaugural Wine & Dine half marathon. I flew down Friday evening after work, spent about 4 hours in Epcot Saturday, did the race Saturday night, and flew back Sunday afternoon. It was when I had a free park day due to the Give a Day Get a Day promotion but with the after party allowing you to stay in Epcot until 3am after the race I would do it again and just do the race and after party.

I did a 4 night flying visit to the world to coincide with a shuttle launch. Did two WDW days and a day watching STS-133 launch .

Oh, and I'm from the UK so that was 4 night stay with three actual usable days and I did a 9 hour international flight to do it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter