What's the scoop on fishing at HH for my 6 & 7 year olds?

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
The boys had to buy fishing poles & gear with their Wal-mart gift cards. They plan to use them for the first time at HH in 2 weeks!:p Do they need any type of license? Can they fish off the pier at the resort? Please tell me everything - DH & I are not fishers.

The kids can fish and crab off the pier. It should keep them busy for a little while, but it is not a "World Class Trophy" fishing spot. They should even have bait at the mercantile at the resort. Good Luck!

If fishing off the pier gets boring for them look into the kids boat adventures that take off at South Beach in Sea Pines. We went two years ago and the kids had a great time. Fishing, crabbing, throwing nets out...etc. And it really wasn't that expensive!

Hummm - could someone tell me more about the fishing/crabbing excursion? How long does it last? Is it a family excursion (as opposed to kids only)? Will he hold the interest of an Active (yes, the cap was intended) 6 year old boy & his more subduded 7 year old brother? ...

P.S. At what point will the moderators ban my HH questions? I am getting post happy.

An adult must go with the kids (at least the one we went on) and I think it ran about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. We all had a great time. We also saw a ton of dolphins. There were racing against the boat. When you get to DVC get an event book. Look for boats taking out of South Beach. Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter