Whats the point of 'Community Board' forum?

It used to be a great place where people asked a lot of "What would you do?" kind of questions and that sort of stuff, but now it is mostly a bunch of polls about whether you like Cheetos and that sort of thing. Definitely not the board it used to be.
I haven’t done a poll on Cheetos in a long time - I may have to revisit this topic soon.
Thanks for bringing it up :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To me….The Community Board is exactly what it’s called - a community.
When we get together as a community regardless where it’s at, and who it’s with, we talk about all sorts of stuff - just like what’s done here. Sometimes we agree with each other, sometimes we don’t, but that‘s the joy in getting to know people.

I enjoy other forums on The DIS, but The Community Board is where my peeps are, so this is where my heart is.

I sometimes forget this is a Disney Board. We are not really traveling to the Disney or Universal theme parks right now. I come here only for the Community Board. I wish there was a general travel board to discuss domestic and international travel.

eta: I did use this board for all of our previous Disney and Universal travel plus our cruise, and did book with Dreams Unlimited. :)

It used to be a great place where people asked a lot of "What would you do?" kind of questions and that sort of stuff, but now it is mostly a bunch of polls about whether you like Cheetos and that sort of thing. Definitely not the board it used to be.
I think forums like this in general have seen a decrease in traffic. I used to belong to a parenting forum with that had multiple groups (debates, parenting, etc.) and it has decreased in the past decade. along with my interest now that my kids are teens. I am also on FB groups but some are not moderated well and you get some nasty people. At least here the mods do a great job of shutting things down if they turn ugly.

To me….The Community Board is exactly what it’s called - a community.
When we get together as a community regardless where it’s at, and who it’s with, we talk about all sorts of stuff - just like what’s done here. Sometimes we agree with each other, sometimes we don’t, but that‘s the joy in getting to know people.

I enjoy other forums on The DIS, but The Community Board is where my peeps are, so this is where my heart is.
🙌 Amen @slo

Back in the day I had a lot more "peeps" on the CB and we had a few lounges open and late night discussions. Most have all retreated into the unknown but I've been here since 2001 and still enjoy most of the posts on the CB. I also frequent the other boards as we are yearly visitors to WDW but the CB has always been home base on the Dis.

Last edited:
Do you know, that when I joined the Disboards way back in 2002, I asked this very question. I thought it was kind of ridiculous to have such a board on a Disney forum. But it was you Dan Murphy, that extended your kindness to my question all those years ago, and answered my question when I thought I would get sarcasm. I want to thank you all these years later for that. You never know how your words will touch someone. You touched me that day. Thanks Dan!
Well thanks, Jill. :blush: Glad it made your day way back then and you decided to keep coming around. I don't see you as often these days but do see you when you drop in periodically with a question or just a friendly hello.

Always good to see you, Jill. :cool1:

It’s definitely not a forum to discuss anything of substance. Mostly people that don’t do anything Disney anymore but for whatever reason like a Disney forum.

Do you fall into that category of people?
Nope, not at all. This year one trip to WDW, 2 Disney cruises, and a trip to DL. Going forward we'll be lucky to take one Disney-related vacation a year. Life is getting more expensive.

Reactions: shh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter