Whats the point of 'Community Board' forum?

Think of it as a kind, helpful sounding board for those who may not feel comfortable confiding in their real-life crowd - or may not have anyone caring in their life that will listen or that will share constructive advice.

There are always a few troll-like posts, but overall, I feel it's largely a supportive, helpful group if you're wondering how to deal with an awkward family, friend, financial or health situation or just could use an objective third party to run something past. I find the forum features many interesting discussions. :grouphug:

Every other board here is topic specific. Off topic threads should and generally will be moved to an appropriate board. On this board, nothing is off topic and no threads should ever be moved. Just make sure that the thread is within the guidelines.
Do you know, that when I joined the Disboards way back in 2002, I asked this very question. I thought it was kind of ridiculous to have such a board on a Disney forum. But it was you Dan Murphy, that extended your kindness to my question all those years ago, and answered my question when I thought I would get sarcasm. I want to thank you all these years later for that. You never know how your words will touch someone. You touched me that day. Thanks Dan!

It used to be a great place where people asked a lot of "What would you do?" kind of questions and that sort of stuff, but now it is mostly a bunch of polls about whether you like Cheetos and that sort of thing. Definitely not the board it used to be.

I asked a "what would you do" question years back about my DIL. It went south so fast and deep I still have sunburns from it!! :teeth:

For me, I'll stick to polls and songs and that sort of thing whatever that sort of thing is. If it's the Bot daily questionnaires nah not for me.

What is nice about this place is you can pick and choose. :love:

I see the community board as kind of like the "lobby" of the DISboards. If you need information about vacation-specific things, you go to that specific "office" (board). If you just want to connect and chat with other Disney-minded folks, you hang out here. :goodvibes

I tend to view it as a forum for people who used to attend Disney parks but outgrew or got tired of them.
Same, its like its its own community within a community and most of the regular posters and readers have no interest in Disney related content any more. It was really obvious a while back with the issues with a former owner. Most people on the community section had no idea who he was or that he created and owned this messageboard or that Dreams Unlimited Travel and the Dis Unplugged now Dis Unlimited YouTube and Podcast were all connected and basically owned by the same people.

We still go to Disney, but I mostly post on the CB. I ventured over here years ago in-between trips to ask a non related WWYD question (to which I was immediately called a troll) but after my initial CB boards "welcome" I still stayed. ;)

I definitely don't post as much as I used to, but it still is a routine website visit for me to see what is going on. I still love a good popcorn:: thread! (definitely not as many as years past)

It’s was really lively for a long time after they got rid of the Debate Board!!! It has since quieted down considerably since talk of politics have been discontinued.

I don’t think there are many left on here that remember the Debate Board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter