• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats the one show/attraction you have never done and why?

First, because Michael Jackson

Second, Captain EO has been gone for a while now, maybe two years?

The six trips that we have taken have been from 2010 until 2016. Never saw it, never wanted to. Would rather sit on a bench in the parks. I like MJ’s music but sitting through a dated, weird movie is not for us. To each their own though. :)

Dan

I can only think of 1! And that's TricerTops Spin at AK. We just haven't stopped to actually ride it.

When we moved to FL and got passes, I decided to be more intentional about trying new things when at WDW and not just hitting favorites over and over again. I've discovered some really cool things we never did before and also some things that are one and done for us ;)

Frozen sing-along, I like the movie but can't understand why people rave about this experience. Maybe someday if the timing is right.

Disney Jr. DD was too old by the time this opened.

Hoop De Doo Revue. I bought tickets and even scheduled horseback riding that afternoon, to maximize the trip to WL, but cancelled 24 hours out--it just seems too difficult to get back from there.

Hoop De Doo Revue. I bought tickets and even scheduled horseback riding that afternoon, to maximize the trip to WL, but cancelled 24 hours out--it just seems too difficult to get back from there.

It took us 4 years before we tried Hoop Dee Doo, and we absolutely loved it. Had to do it again the next year. If you get a chance to see it, I would highly recommend giving it a shot. Easiest way for us to schedule it was during a MK evening. Take the friendship boat straight there from the entrance of MK.

Dan

Frozen sing-along, I like the movie but can't understand why people rave about this experience. Maybe someday if the timing is right.

Disney Jr. DD was too old by the time this opened.

Maybe its just me, but the male "Historian" is over the top. If they dialed his character back a little bit, I think the Frozen Sing Along would be a lot better. I love singing the songs.

Easiest way for us to schedule it was during a MK evening. Take the friendship boat straight there from the entrance of MK.

Dan

Ok, I'll keep it on the to-do list! How is it getting back--are the boats crowded? Do you take a bus to a park to transfer "home"? Or Uber (and is there a bunch of them all trying to get out)? I know how I am when I'm full and happy--stressful travel is a buzzkill!

I have never been on the Norway ride (Frozen or Maelstrom) but I'm going to try to get on there on my next visit!

There's only a few we haven't done but really just one that I make a conscious choice not to do - Astro Orbiter. I am sooo not about heights.

I've missed a few that I hope to try this May: Astro Orbiter, People Mover, Carousel of Progress. There was no particular reason for avoiding them before, but just never got around to it.

I did deliberately avoid Stitch based on horrid reviews and don't feel I missed anything. It's the only ride I just refused to even try. It sounds like it was extremely unpleasant.

TricerTops Spin and Tricertop Spins at Ak
The land at Epcot
MK - Aladdin (there is a theme here)

I think the only thing I have never done is Enchanted Tales with Belle. My boyfriend wrote an iOS app for us to use to keep track of rides/attractions prior to our week-long trip last September. We decided since we would be there so long (we usually do 3-day weekends, so a full week was a long time for us) that we were going to try and do every ride/attraction that was open during the course of our trip (even kiddie stuff like Enchanted Tales, Disney Junior and the spinner rides that we usually skip, since we are two adults with no kids). We missed several when our trip was cut a little short thanks to Irma, but of those that we missed during the trip, only Enchanted Tales was the one I had never done. Hoping to do another week-long trip over Labor Day week to wrap up our AP year and will hopefully catch it then.

The movie at the end of the Norway ride (RIP)...we always ran for the exit! lol
Haha glad we weren't the only ones that did this. I remember getting off the ride the first time and going into the room and thinking 'it's a trap' :rotfl:
The main one we haven't done is Peter pans flight. We've been on it at Disneyland Paris and it was a nice ride but at WDW the queues are always so long and we don't want to waste a fastpass on it

I haven’t done Barnstormer, but my preschooler will be old enough on our next trip so that will get done.

We also haven’t done the Frozen Sing-a-long. Mostly because it sounds like torture to my husband and my daughter is more partial to the little mermaid.

Tea Cups and Splash Mountain. Family has never been interested in Tea Cups while Splash has always been a weather related reason but WILL go on it come this April.

The kids love it for the songs, personally I’m more than a little sick of the songs, but there was a lot of humor in it. Don’t know if I would have laughed quite as much if I wasn’t delusional from the August heat, but at that point stupid humor was just what I needed! (And the air conditioning...)

There are several.

Stitch, because I've heard enough stories about that belch to be pretty sure it would make me sick lol
Barnstormer, just not something I'm interested in.
Space Mountain. I've thought about it many times. It is the only mountain I've not done, but the many many posts about how rough it is keeps me away. I have a bad back, and I'm not really interested in missing several days of my vacation because of it. Too much thrashing around and that is exactly what will happen. I came pretty close to that riding the safari in AK one time, had all I could do to stand up and get out of the ride vehicle when it was over.
Dinosaur for the same reason as Space
Astro Orbiter, because no doubt, there would be a protein spill.
Alladins carpets, and Dumbo . . . very likely would end up the same as Astro lol
Rock N Roller Coaster. I will do this one eventually
Tower of Terror . . oh h e c k NO lol

We have never been to Tom Sawyer Island. Just never seemed to be interesting and it seems like a waste of a precious park time. i don't remember ever doing the Barnstormer coaster, seemed too kiddie to me and our kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter