What's the new food trend?

Guess it depends where you get you info...................mine is from the dairy association webite. I will keep mine refrigerated.

If it creeps above 70 degrees Fahrenheit in your kitchen, all butter should go into the fridge to avoid going bad — even into the freezer if you want to store it for a few months.

Yes, butter should be refrigerated since it is a dairy product. Leaving it out all day on some sort of cracker board is a really bad idea. Besides the fact eating excessive amounts of butter doesn't seem like a healthy idea either.
I’ve kept butter in a butter bell before, like cheese it should be served at room temperature. I don’t see a lot of different between butter on a wooden board and a charcuterie board with room temperature meat and cheese, knifing off a slice of Brie would seem to be similar as knifing up some butter. Maybe faux wooden cutting boards are in order.

I’ve kept butter in a butter bell before, like cheese it should be served at room temperature. I don’t see a lot of different between butter on a wooden board and a charcuterie board with room temperature meat and cheese, knifing off a slice of Brie would seem to be similar as knifing up some butter. Maybe faux wooden cutting boards are in order.

You don't use a knife with a butter board. The whole point is you use your hands. That's what makes it disgusting. And the meat and cheese sitting on a charcuterie board isn't mashed into the crevices with all the bacteria.

We go through aaaalot of butter. A stick usually doesn’t make it much beyond 2 days. We leave it out but I usually put it back in fridge overnight. Just got this new ‘Butter Pal’ dish:

41DF1E89-BF6B-4BDB-9A19-03B2FA5DCA83.jpeg

I just looked at some tik toks, some folks did use a knife, it never occurred to me that some would just stick bread in there (we have a daughter with celiac, bread is never dipped in a communal situation).

Some home cook's personal website that also implies you can tell if food is good to eat by sniffing or eating some is providing terrible advice. Some food may not have any odor but still make you ill. Hopefully novice cooks/bakers don't listen to such terrible advice.

Have you thought about looking at how tea houses structure their teas and using the same format?
I’m 68 yrs old and I contributed to the charcuterie phenomenon while raising my family!

Thanks for all of the responses. I’m needing a very nice 3 course meal that will be easy to serve for a church ladies light dinner so alcohol is not an option for this group. I’m asking a few ladies to set tables as if they were in there own homes to “welcome” guests to their tables and will be using their China from home. Looking for something unique but adaptable to different table settings.

Love everyone’s thoughts and comments!

Ok, now I know big brother in my phone knows what I'm doing online....from my feed today, a frosting board...seems like a rip on fondue, but thought I would share

Screenshot_20221115-170805_Chrome.jpg

Yes, butter should be refrigerated since it is a dairy product. Leaving it out all day on some sort of cracker board is a really bad idea. Besides the fact eating excessive amounts of butter doesn't seem like a healthy idea either.
Here's a hint for you for this time of year. The dairy coolers in the grocery stores aren't big enough for the demand on both butter and eggs and they are sitting in the unrefrigerated back stockroom all day long until they go out in the cooler on the store floor.

A stick of butter sits in my covered old fashion butter dish in the top cupboard in the kitchen. Never had a problem with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter