What's the longest you've ever stayed?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
So I was looking at the rental site of the place we'll be renting, and I noticed they're now offering monthly rates, and we could stay an entire month for a only a few hundred more than we'll pay for 2 weeks. And the wheels turned... lol.

Now, in reality, I really don't think I would want to do a month away from home, that's too long. I'd be homesick, and I'm sure the kids would, too.

But it did make me wonder - what's the longest trip you've ever done (especially with kids)? Have any of you ever done month long trips?

Yep, rental townhomes are usually cheaper to rent by the month. If it weren't for the fact that I had a "normal" office job where I only get a certain amount of vacation time, we'd unquestionably rent one for a month. My wife works for a school district, so she's off all summer. Our kids wouldn't get homesick, given that we'd be in Disney.

Our longest trip to WDW to date was 16 days, which we did last summer. One week from today, we leave for our next long trip, and we're going to beat the old record by one day. We'll be there 17 days this time. Absolutely can't wait!!!! :yay: Truthfully, we'll see how things go at work for planning next summers' trip. I've been at my current job just one year and things are going fantastically. There is some flexibility for me to work from home. I do it once a week now. I worked from WDW on the day before Thanksgiving and the day before Xmas in 2015. For this trip, I'm working remote from WDW next Friday and the following Mon and Tue, then taking the next 8 business days off. It's not out of the realm of possibility that next summer I work an entire week from WDW then take the following two weeks off, which would give us 3 weeks there. Fingers crossed.

I could see the benefits of staying longer, especially in the summer, we'd have so much more flexibility. Shorter days, less rushing, it'd be easier to do night times because instead of worrying that the kids have had 4 late nights in 10 days (which they don't do well with), suddenly you can spread those late nights out. And it would be so nice to have time to sight see, to visit some other places, too.

We will be away from home for 30 days for our upcoming trip: Universal Florida, WDW, Disney Cruise, DL, and San Francisco. I've done several long trips before but the kids haven't been away for more than two weeks before so it will be interesting to see how they do. It's not uncommon for Australians to go overseas for a month or more at a time and I have one friend who stays for a month at WDW every year.

We did a 22 night trip for our wedding/honeymoon trip in 2010. The whole trip was onsite and it was great, there were still things I didn't get to in the parks and while I was happy to get home to have a bit more space, I could have stayed longer at Disney

We had APs for Disney (used to be included with the wedding pkg) and 3 days at universal

Last edited:

17 nights was our longest -- 10 day park hoppers, 2 Kennedy Space Center days, 2 Discovery Cove/SeaWorld, one Daytona and one or two "off" days

Our trips are typically two weeks, but no matter how long we stay we never do theme parks more than 5 days.
I start to feel "done" by about day 11/12 honestly, no matter where we are vacationing.
We've often considered renting a house for 6 weeks in the winter and taking our schooling with us. But we've never bitten the bullet and did it. There is something to be said for home.

Disney related.......3 weeks. 2 at WDW and 1 on a disney cruise. That was a bit long for me. Not really home sick, but worried about the house and wanting to see DGD

With DD the longest we've been away is a week. Sometimes we've had a week long vacation, then home for a few days, then a long weekend where we'll go away somewhere within driving distance, but we weren't on vacation for the whole 2 week period. DH just can't take a month's worth of vacation all at once (and neither can I with the part time job I have now). Our longest trip together was probably the 2 weeks I spent with him in Europe when we were engaged. He was working overseas (and worked part of the time I was there), but I was on summer break from college. Since we got married, our jobs haven't allowed for extended vacations.

12 days, including the days we fly in and out. All in WDW.

A month long vacation is unimaginable to me. Most people are unable to be away from their jobs that long and responsibilities at home. The longest I've ever stayed at Disney was 8 days and I was past ready to go home. I would be bored to death after the first 10 days.

I am a homebody and prefer to be home. The longest vacation I ever plan on taking is 15 days to Hawaii in a couple years.

Back in 1996 my family went for 15 days. We stayed at POR, then Dixie Landings... was by far the best vacation ever!

I have done 2 ten day trips. My last one was last once. I really like how we did it this time. 10 days was the perfect amount compared to most trips are around 5-6. We swam in the morning and afternoon and went to the parks at night.

We've only ever stayed for 7 nights max. But even if we were able to be gone for a month, there is no way we would be able to afford that long of a trip - yikes!

7 days is the longest so far. We are doing 10 next year, but that includes 2 nights at Universal.

20 days. We did other things besides WDW too. Nassau, beach trips, Sea World and 1 day at another theme park

We alway do 10 day trips. My in-laws lived in FL for several years and we would spent 6 days in the parks and 4 visiting them in Sarasota. Our last trip in 2007 we spent 10 days at WDW since they moved to AZ a few weeks before our trip. My DD and I will be at WDW Aug. 11-20 for another 10 day trip. If I'm going to get on a 5 hour flight I want more than just a few days.

As a kid my dad always took the month of Dec. off and we would go on a road trip from Seattle to Southern Cal. for 3 weeks since I was off school for 2 weeks it worked out great. We would visit Herst Castle,Magic Mountain, DL, Universal, Knotts, Lion Country Safari, San Deigo Zoo, and Seaworld. Best childhood memories ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter