• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the longest you have waited for a purchase to be delivered?

Those waiting for Ford stuff just know they cut back production or halted completely for 8 of their factories due to chip issues.

The factory in my area does F150 trucks and that has stopped as of this week and instead they have shifted to transit vans but it's only 1 shift running. You know things are bad when F150s are being stopped lol.

Work: Medical equipment parts vary. Ultrasound parts and probes have been backordered for ages. When COVID first hit, temperature probes were scarce and slow to come in.

Personal: Overseas stuff can sometimes take a long time, of course. I'm currently waiting on a poster from the US for about a month. Seller says he's been waiting on shipping tubes to be delivered. This thread reminded me to send him a request for an update.

Back in February of 2019, I ordered a flash drive. It was supposed to take 8 weeks to arrive from China. I live in Buffalo, NY. It was a great deal, so I thought 8 weeks was fine. I signed up for both text and email updates from the shipping company. I was so excited.

Then the Coronavirus hit. In May, I received an update that it had arrived at a warehouse in California. Then the warehouse burned down and I received an update that they would process the shipment as soon as it was assessed as fine, damaged, or destroyed. I heard nothing for a good long time.

In August, I started getting shipment updates. The package was bouncing back and forth from one warehouse to another warehouse across the street. As an added bonus, I got one text and email as it left and another when it was checked in. This went on through August, September, and October until it suddenly stopped again. I was getting 4 to 6 emails a couple of days a week. In the meantime, the website I order it from kept sending emails for me to review their shipping process. Because the status of the shipment had changed, I couldn't cancel the status emails or texts. It was like the package didn't exist in their system.

The punchline to this whole funny ordeal was delivered by my son. Apparently, the product arrived around Thanksgiving and he picked it out of the mail. I forgot all about it. My son wrapped it up and put it under the Christmas tree to mess with me.

I’m still waiting on furniture I ordered a year ago. Thankfully, the couch is due to arrive next week. I also have some sconces that I paid for a year ago and are still backordered. That leaves 4 chairs, 2 pieces of artwork, and some pillows that are more than a year spent waiting. The company for 2 of the chairs is ghosting my interior designer so who knows what that means.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter