what's the latest Disney expands hours? (president's week)

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
President's week still has the MK closing at 8pm. Touring plans has MK crowds predicted at a 9 the day we are going. Last year they were open til 11 that Saturday (princess half marathon Saturday). FP window is open for that week, when might hours finally be updated? Anyone have a clue? I don't go that often but they have always been updated by 60 days out?

They extended hours on the same day one day this week. So it’s always a possibility.

Once the park has closed it's too late, otherwise, it's never too late for them to change the hours. Consider them written in pencil always.

Once the park has closed it's too late, otherwise, it's never too late for them to change the hours. Consider them written in pencil always.

True story. We were in Magic Kingdom and they made an announcement around 5 or 6 that the park will now remain open until 1am (this was either April or May). It was originally scheduled to close at 11. So the hours are always flexible.

People were asking the same about MLK weekend and they were just updated last week. So perhaps in mid Jan they will go ahead and extend hours for Feb.

People were asking the same about MLK weekend and they were just updated last week. So perhaps in mid Jan they will go ahead and extend hours for Feb.
thanks, that is what I meant.

it's pretty clear that they are not going to close at 8 that day. I know they can adjust it "on the fly" given conditions but I would expect that they would expand the hours for a busy holiday week beyond their typical "winter off season" hours in advance... but what do I know? most recently about a month in advance is helpful. I know subject to change later!

True story. We were in Magic Kingdom and they made an announcement around 5 or 6 that the park will now remain open until 1am (this was either April or May). It was originally scheduled to close at 11. So the hours are always flexible.

I've had that happen as well! (Only from 11 to 12 for me but that was a great hour!)

I'm not sure if you need to be a member to access this page or not but I found it to be an interesting read:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/05/19/how-often-do-disney-world-park-hours-change/

It's a couple of years old but should still be relevant.
I am a member but not logged in and I can see it. Interesting! Thanks! I am pretty sure the time WILL change for the saturday of both president's week AND princess half marathon, it's just a question of what/when/how. Last year their park hours were 8am-11pm so I'm guessing 9am-8pm is going to change either one or both ways. Me, I'm hoping for both! lol. Wondering if HEA will move a bit later too though some have said they never move that, my dessert party confirmation warns the time may move and to check back.
I've had that happen as well! (Only from 11 to 12 for me but that was a great hour!)
that would be an awesome bonus! But I'd like to be able to plan out to about 10pm instead of 8pm right now, lol. Is that too much to ask? probably so!

Have fun!
Thanks, I plan to. Can't wait to go back even if crowded!

Even during the most crowded times (we've been there for Christmas week/New Year's twice) we have experienced pretty short lines and low wait times during the last hour or two when the MK stays open until 12 or 1 AM. Now that it's usually just the two of us, that works out just fine. We just don't expect to do rope-drop in the morning after being out to park closing. That's the down side of being an older couple without kids. Stamina is not what it once was. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter