what's the largest no of days you have managed from an AP

pmcpmc

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
at a Dvc resort or resorts
WE managed two 3week summer trips and an October wedding 49days total!!!

We managed 22 days a couple of years. Most years it's more like 14 park days over a year.

We got 3 separate 14 night trips out of one AP. For the first trip we also used the AP to get a 40% room discount at The Beach Club. We certainly got our moneys worth out of them- 6 weeks of park entry and a whopping room discount! Superb!

Mandy ::MinnieMo

We usually get 24 days out of our APs doing a 12-night stay each year and timing them so that we get two years use out of a single AP.

That being said, I am the oddball in our family and I usually make one or two additional trips in a year, so my average is a bit higher. I usually get 30 days on my AP. Not bad for someone from NE Ohio.

One year we got a 15 day trip, a 10 day trip, a 4 day trip and another 14 day trip out of them--43 days. Last year we got a 15 day trip a 17 day trip and a 7 day trip--39 days. I have begun purchasing our "next" set of PAP's and I know we will get 15 days in late July, hopefully something in February, and certainly 15 days in late June/early July.

I think we got 35 days total out of one trip but that was exceptional and probably a bargain per day if you broke it down. Also, I wasn't a DVC member then, so i got huge accom discounts. Really tho - disney make it back off you. On one trip i got assigned a small v pokey BC room and the CM said it was because i got an AP discount. But disney do give those discounts for a reason - folks wind up eating in the more expensive restaurants and spending more on souvenirs because they got a discount. And of course, once you stay in a deluxe, you can't do any less and wind up having to buy DVC!

We managed to get 15 days out of our AP this year. Not bad considering we are from MI.

We were in WDW 59 days this year between 6 trips. Pretty good at keeping my Executive aisle status with national car. Also racked up a few frequent flyer miles flying in and out of Wash. DC area. I've already have my next 2 trips for 2006 arranged. 8 days in February and 14 in April, just to start with.

I just ordered my AP which I will activate on my trip in March. That one trip will be for 11 days. We'll also be going back sometime in the Fall... (Oct or Nov) probably for 5-7 days, and then I will strategically plan to go back in Feb or March of the next year for 5-7 days. So hopefully we'll get about 25 days (if we don't take an unplanned December trip or something on top of that). =)

I think the best we've done is 40 days on DS2's AP. That particular year, he and I would arrive early or he would stay later with my husband, etc.. But we usually manage around 30 days of vacation at WDW in recent years. I don't keep track of whether we enter the parks every day though.

And our trips are never just DVC stays. Just can't justify paying those points on weekends.

pmcpmc, 49 days from Ireland! Pretty impressive! :cool1:

We activated our APs in August and got 15 days out of them (8 of which were DVC) we are going back slightly earlier next year and will have 22 days left (9 of which will be DVC followed by 4 days at Vero once the AP's have expired)

That's 37 in total - one year we hope to squeeze in a Christmas trip :flower:

I will be getting a total of 20 days on this AP! Between 3 trips!

What's the break-even point? 7? or something like that? I remember when I did one day beyond that and patting myself on the back. The next day I took a quick jaunt over to MK just to visit the bakery! :cool1:

SueOKW said:
What's the break-even point? 7? or something like that?

With the discount that we get on APs, I believe that the break even point is even sooner now by a couple of days. I just bought a 2-day hopper pass to extend my AP which expires in December and it cost me around $130.

Are we all lucky or what to be able to spend so much time at WDW??!! :wizard: My best year so far was April 2004 to April 2005.....total of 52 days.....combination of DVC and regular WDW resorts over 5 trips!!Taking most of this year off and beginning again in March 2006!! ::MinnieMo

22 days for me....

Wish it was more ;)

Goldi

But usually average around 10 days.

I will have 8 or 9 days on this AP, which expires end of January.... I will renew becasue in March I booked 2 nights at Ft Wilderness Cabins Best Rate, which knocked off $200 a night!! I feel like my next AP is paid for!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter