• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats the deal woth splitting food?

Cinderella2006

Fairy Tale Wedding 1st November 2006
We have just come back after staying at SSR on the regular dining plan and found it way too much food. This time we are staying at POR on the quick service dining plan and we are planning to pay of out pocket for one or two sit down meals. I never finish a meal and thought I could share a meal with DH? Is this still allowed? I just hate wasting food! Also means it can free up some extra money to have 1/2 character buffets, we really enjoyed 1900 park fare dinner.
Meals out of pocket thinking t-Rex, Tuttio/via Napoli, sci fi ... Thanks in advance x

. . . I never finish a meal and thought I could share a meal with DH? Is this still allowed? . . .

1) MrsRustyScupper and I always share the meals - appys, entrees, desserts. *
2) Of course, that excludes
. . . dinner shows (eg. HDDR, Luau, BBQ)
. . . buffets and AYCTE (eg. character meals)
. . . V&A
. . . Via Napoli
3) You can share whether OOP or DDP.

* EXCEPT, no one shares my Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at LTT !

the last 3 times we ate at Prime time, hubby and split the fried chicken meal.

first we split the YUMMY!!! onion rings appetizer, then we split the 4 piece fried chicken meal. they actually let us have 2 oreders of potatos instead of one potato and one veggie.

and we split one of the huge milkshakes.

Not on your list but, Raglan Road has a great appetizer for two for $26. It is definitely enough to fill up 2 people. Good variety too. For Disney...that's not a bad price.

Hubby and I decided to share an appetizer at Coral Reef and almost starved!

1) MrsRustyScupper and I always share the meals - appys, entrees, desserts. * 2) Of course, that excludes . . . dinner shows (eg. HDDR, Luau, BBQ) . . . buffets and AYCTE (eg. character meals) . . . V&A . . . Via Napoli 3) You can share whether OOP or DDP. * EXCEPT, no one shares my Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at LTT !
Think you can share at via Napoli, provided it's not on the dining plan. I don't think ive ever been able to finish one of their pizzas in my own.

We share big meals all the time and we've used the DDP on the past 2 trips. They never questioned us or denied it could be done.

I wish I had known that you could share on the dining plan, we wasted so much food. Good to know next time we can share and it won't be frowned upon x

1) MrsRustyScupper and I always share the meals - appys, entrees, desserts. *
2) Of course, that excludes
. . . dinner shows (eg. HDDR, Luau, BBQ)
. . . buffets and AYCTE (eg. character meals)
. . . V&A
. . . Via Napoli
3) You can share whether OOP or DDP.

* EXCEPT, no one shares my Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at LTT !

Why can't you share a Pizza at Via Napoli?

we split a pizza at via napoli. but we were paying out of pocket. I don't know if it's true that you can't if on the DDP. seems silly. pizzas are made for be split.. who eats a whole pizza? (unless it's a small, and the other person wants to get a dif. entree)

Even the small pizza at Via Napoli is big for me. I always split it with another person. I still leave a good tip though since we are eating less./paying less. I didn't know we couldn't share :confused3

This is good to know. I'm a gastric bypass patient, so I was thinking of asking my hubby to just share with me during our trip instead of wasting gobs of food but I wasn't sure if it could be done. Thanks for sharing your collective knowledge!

Personally, I don't see any issue with sharing at non-buffet resteraunts. It's your food and your money. If you want to give a person a piece of pizza, how are they going to control that? Are they going to kick you out because you gave some of your food (that you purchased) to someone else at your table?

Why can't you share a Pizza at Via Napoli?

1) It is just their policy.
2) They do not want a single DDP coupon for pizza to serve 2-3-4-5 people.
3) After all, some people may want a small/cheap appy and only one slice of pizza.
4) Frankly, this make s a lot of sense.
5) Too many people at WDW try to play angles and take advantage.

1) It is just their policy.
2) They do not want a single DDP coupon for pizza to serve 2-3-4-5 people.
3) After all, some people may want a small/cheap appy and only one slice of pizza.
4) Frankly, this make s a lot of sense.
5) Too many people at WDW try to play angles and take advantage.

I never understood why this mattered. They are not serving any extra food for that one DDP credit, so why do they care if the food is split? I don't consider it someone trying to "play an angle" if they cannot finish a pizza on their own and want to share. I certainly see it in an entree that is considered " all you can eat" because you would end up giving them more food than you would otherwise. Not the case here or in the vast majority of TS options.

The only financial reason I can think of is the resteraunt expects to get X amount of revenue per table and this scenerio would screw up their averages. Not the consumers problem though.

That's why we always pay OOP for Via Naples pizza. We order one pizza to share and don't waste our Credits.

Too many people at WDW try to play angles and take advantage.

Alternatively known as eating what they want to eat, not being forced to overeat, and being perfectly happy and content with the family's meal.

Then again Via Napoli was horrid when we went. So the idea of anyone wanting food from there boggles my mind. But as someone said you don't get extra food, so it truly makes no sense to limit things IMO.

In all honesty, VN's policy is their policy. They're allowed to have it. No one is forcing anyone to eat there. However, I will eat there EVERY trip because it reminds me of being back in Italy with all the waitstaff and lemon sorbet (not to mention the pizzas)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter