What's the deal with resorts being closed but DVC portion open?

nicknick416

Earning My Ears
Curious how this works. As an example, If I book at Copper Creek Villas, what is the rest of Wilderness Lodge like, given that they are technically not open for hotel guests? Is the lobby open? Pools? Dining? Would love to hear from someone that has stayed at a "closed" resort in a DVC villa!

That said, Jambo is the outlier case where basically the only things open at Jambo House are the units and the pool. For any other amenity, you have to trek to Kidani.

Unfortunately that doesn't tell m, as I wondered, whether the BC lobby is open I thought that only BCV was open, and everything to the right of where you enter the BC Marketplace was closed off

Where ever you check-in would be open so by extension BC lobby would be open for BCV guests.

Unfortunately that doesn't tell m, as I wondered, whether the BC lobby is open I thought that only BCV was open, and everything to the right of where you enter the BC Marketplace was closed off
The Beach Club lobby is open, as well as the Marketplace. The walkway to the Yacht Club, as well as the Yacht Club lobby, are open.

Also, the Wilderness Lodge lobby is open.

For all intents and purposes, Wilderness Lodge is open (except it's not). I just stayed there - and aside from the arcade being closed, and some of the floors halfway blocked off due to construction, there's nothing indicating a guest right now is only getting half the experience of being a resort guest.

For all intents and purposes, Wilderness Lodge is open (except it's not). I just stayed there - and aside from the arcade being closed, and some of the floors halfway blocked off due to construction, there's nothing indicating a guest right now is only getting half the experience of being a resort guest.

Well, Artist Point restaurant is closed. And last I heard, you could not take the boat to Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary, as you could pre-COVID.

Probably not deal-breakers, but that's not "nothing." If someone is at Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek without a car, then restaurants and Disney transportation could impact their stay.

Well, Artist Point restaurant is closed. And last I heard, you could not take the boat to Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary, as you could pre-COVID.

Probably not deal-breakers, but that's not "nothing." If someone is at Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek without a car, then restaurants and Disney transportation could impact their stay.

all resort to resort transportation is nixed at the moment. so if you're citing that, then just understand that's across the board. Not exclusive to WL. So staying at another resort wouldn't make you feel like it was "more" open.
Same for Artist Point - there are other resorts with limited dining where social distancing or characters haven't quite been worked out yet. O'hana comes to mind.
We were at Copper Creek without a car and our stay wasn't impacted. We were able to take a boat to Magic Kingdom and a bus anywhere else.

all resort to resort transportation is nixed at the moment.
Except the Friendship boats serving the Epcot area resorts (and DHS/Epcot) and the launches between MK, GF and Poly (just opened recently). And of course the Skyliner for Pop, AoA, CBR and RIV.

Except the Friendship boats serving the Epcot area resorts (and DHS/Epcot) and the launches between MK, GF and Poly (just opened recently). And of course the Skyliner for Pop, AoA, CBR and RIV.

Just checked the above reference site for CC and it says "Water taxi transportation is limited, transporting Guests from this Disney Resort hotel to Magic Kingdom park". Does this mean that if you are not a guest at CC or BR you can't use the water taxi to that resort? I ask because I wanted to have lunch at Geyser Point.

Just checked the above reference site for CC and it says "Water taxi transportation is limited, transporting Guests from this Disney Resort hotel to Magic Kingdom park". Does this mean that if you are not a guest at CC or BR you can't use the water taxi to that resort? I ask because I wanted to have lunch at Geyser Point.

No, anyone can use water transportation, it is not limited to guests of a specific resort and they don’t check in any way.

I was at WL over Thanksgiving week and they generally had two boats in circulation at any given time - one small boat, one larger boat. Note the small boats barely hold any people with the current distancing setup... like 4-5 parties. It fills fast! The big boat can hold a lot more, but spacing limits numbers on those too. We had a few times where the boat line seemed short enough, the small boat was the next one to arrive and we didn’t make it on.

Fortunately the new boat dock on the MK side is open and is very efficient at getting multiple boats in/out of that area at the same time. The FW & WL boats are using the new dock that the GF/Poly boat used to use (the GF/Poly boat is now using the central dock).

That said, Jambo is the outlier case where basically the only things open at Jambo House are the units and the pool. For any other amenity, you have to trek to Kidani.

Luckily we are staying at Kidani right now. We went over to Jambo to explore and there are no restaurants open, which we knew, but also no where to even get drinks. Only the beautiful lobby and pool are open.

Curious how this works. As an example, If I book at Copper Creek Villas, what is the rest of Wilderness Lodge like, given that they are technically not open for hotel guests? Is the lobby open? Pools? Dining? Would love to hear from someone that has stayed at a "closed" resort in a DVC villa!

Stayed at CCV last weekend. Beautiful lobby is open as well as both pools. Geyser point, Roaring Fork and Whispering Canyon Cafe all open. FYI - The boat pulled off dock 8:05a and was at MK 8:15a which we then walked right on Mine Train! There were no boats to Campground which we had to take shuttle to eat at P & Js.

We are staying at CCV in February. If we want to eat or get carry out from Captain Cooks (or any other quick service in MK area), will they let us drive and park or at least let my husband wait in the car while I run in to get the food? It seems really inefficient to have to take boat from WL to MK and then boat from MK to Poly to get carryout.

We are staying at CCV in February. If we want to eat or get carry out from Captain Cooks (or any other quick service in MK area), will they let us drive and park or at least let my husband wait in the car while I run in to get the food? It seems really inefficient to have to take boat from WL to MK and then boat from MK to Poly to get carryout.
February is a whole 60+ days out, and any answer that is true today may not be true any more by then. The answer today is no. The answer in Fbeurary? Magic 8 Ball is not helpful.

I’m confused. There was never a boat to the Poly from the WL???? You at best could have taken a boat to contemporary then catch a monorail over. But that boat to contemporary was stopped last year I believe. Also Poly mono station is closed so you have to get off at the TTC to walk to Poly. Not sure about the car situation as I heard you’d have to have a reservation. Only restaurant open is Kona. Nit going to be convenient going to captain jacks probably. But best best is Boat to MK and then hop monorail to TTC. It’s a quick walk to Poly

That’s what I thought!! I was telling Lpmouse that. But then I thought maybe I was wrong. When we stayed at BLT this past Feb we were told they don’t run the boat from Contemporary to MK anymore. I was surprised but that probably stopped long ago.

That’s what I thought!! I was telling Lpmouse that. But then I thought maybe I was wrong. When we stayed at BLT this past Feb we were told they don’t run the boat from Contemporary to MK anymore. I was surprised but that probably stopped long ago.

I don’t ever remember a boat from CR to MK. And I have stayed there a lot!

Because of Covid, they were not doing the CR, WL, FW loop. I don’t know if that has started back up yet or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter