Whats the deal with MVMCP?

I agree with others who have said they offer similar experiences with different themes. A couple of years ago we attended the last Halloween party and the first Christmas party on the same trip. So, I had a direct comparison. The Halloween party gets a slight edge only because I love that parade. (Once we went to 3 Halloween parties on the same trip). Both parties are great experiences.

People who seem to like the parties the most that I know enjoy them for the characters who you usually can't see who are there for special meet and greets and pictures. For me MVMCP was a one and done. I prefer a regular park day and avoid party season if I can as non-party days at the MK are soooo crowded.

Disney is a business and they can do what they want. To me, it's double dipping on amusement park admissions. Although if you don't care about fireworks, a regular day when there is a party at night and you have to leave the park early is a rare opportunity for lower crowds at the very popular MK.

Haven't read all the replies so definite overlap. And haven't been to one for years ---

*the parade is spectacular and doesn't play until after the last MVMCP, which is always very close to Christmas. And this is from someone who could usually care less about parades

*like MNSSHP the chance to go into a park without putting out money for park passes, especially for a short trip

*thought this was a given but absolutely low wait times on rides, especially when you are getting very close to higher capacity park numbers with later MVMCP.

*The best part ---

The Christmas parade at night. Beyond the parade - the energy of it all! ( Love that part at MNSSHP too. )

Isn't that the only chance to see it at night? I have seen it both ways, at night is a wonderful memory.

Last edited:
This will be our 4th MVMCP in a row. We really enjoy this party. The environment is so festive IMHO. Of the 4 parties two were done during the Christmas special filming which does make in front of the castle tight, but this year we're going later so we're really looking forward to being in front @ the castle. My favorite part of the night is SNOW on Main St...…..and in Florida :D Oh....one other thing....SANTA GOOFY!!!:santa::santa::santa:

Doug :goofy:

I’ve done both parties 3 times each (3rd Xmas party was tonight with my 72 year old dad. His first ). I think it’s the expectation of what you want to experience that defines your visit. We’re ride people not parades, character greets, or fireworks. We love the low ride times and amazing CM interactions.

BTW, my dad loved the party tonight. BTMR at night? Knocked his socks off lol

I’ve done both parties 3 times each (3rd Xmas party was tonight with my 72 year old dad. His first ). I think it’s the expectation of what you want to experience that defines your visit. We’re ride people not parades, character greets, or fireworks. We love the low ride times and amazing CM interactions.

BTW, my dad loved the party tonight. BTMR at night? Knocked his socks off lol

Me too. Love going on rides over and over, with low wait times.

Wonderful memory with your father. :thumbsup2

I have now been to both. I loved both. It was my first MVMCP and the parade and fireworks alone were worth it to me, that parade was fantastic!! And walking down Main Street with snow falling is something that is near and dear to this northern girls heart. It was like bringing my heart and my home together. I would never want to go Christmas week to see it as part of the 'normal' offerings just because that's not when we'd choose to go, so I chose to buy the ticket to make it happen while we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter