What's the deal with extra magic hours

famsen

DIS Veteran
Are extra magic hours no longer exclusive to resort guests? We stayed until 1am at MK last night. Park closed at 11pm. EMH were until 1am. No CMs checked magic bands or were directing non resort guest out at 11pm. Back in the day you needed to show key cards to enter rides. What's controlling it now??

The extra magic hours don't work quite like a hard ticketed event such as the Halloween party. There won't be cast members sweeping through the park asking guests to leave. Theoretically, someone who is not staying at Disney resort could continue to stay in the park. However, as guests enter a ride or attraction, they will need to tap their Magic Band to the Mickey head, just like you would for a FastPass, and it will verify that they are staying at a Disney resort. So while you would theoretically be able to stay and wander the park, you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the rides and attractions.

As a new annual pass holder, I can also verify you cannot make fastpass+ reservations during extra magic hours if you aren't staying on site either.

I'm pretty sure you can't make FP+ during EMH regardless of where you're staying, unless this has changed since April and I missed the memo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter