Whats the chance they will show Beauty and the Beast on our cruise ??

barbie1231

Earning My Ears
Sailing on the wonder on the 12 thru the 16.... do you think they will show the new movie??

Thanks

They always show first run Disney movie onboard as long as they have been release. Sometime they even have release parties.

They always show first run Disney movie onboard as long as they have been release. Sometime they even have release parties.
...so since the movie doesn't release until March 17 ... I guess we won't be seeing it... right??? :( It would be nice to see it on the boat

...so since the movie doesn't release until March 17 ... I guess we won't be seeing it... right??? :( It would be nice to see it on the boat

Sorry, from my experience you will be missing it since it would have to be on 15th since the theaters are not open on departure day.

We are on the dream on March 13-17 and we've heard that it's not showing on ours :(

We are on the dream on March 13-17 and we've heard that it's not showing on ours :(

They won't officially tell you until you're onboard. They very rarely announce prem-ears before the cruise they're showing on.
In my experience, apart from a couple of exceptions, any new (disney) movie that comes out, will be shown at 1 minute past midnight on the day it comes out on land.

We were in the Baltic when Ant Man came out.

Two days before the mid night showing, they said (before the main show in the WDT) that they had picked it up in port.
One day for showing, they announced that they loaded it and it worked.
Next night at Mid Night - they showed it - 3D in the WDT, and "normal" in Buena Vista.

If the above is "True / Actual / Factual" then the ship does not necessarily have the "prints" weeks in advance. So it might depend upon where the ship is and if they can get it there and in time to "test" before showing.

Like others said, your last night @ midnight they could / should show it. Makes early breakfast on disembarkation a pain, but Sleep is for After the Cruise!!

They won't officially tell you until you're onboard. They very rarely announce prem-ears before the cruise they're showing on.
In my experience, apart from a couple of exceptions, any new (disney) movie that comes out, will be shown at 1 minute past midnight on the day it comes out on land.

This has been our experience also. I'm betting it will be shown at 12:01am.... expect large crowds....

Where did you hear that? It would be a little strange if it didnt premier after midnight on March 17

I agree. Given that they PremiEared that stupid running movie at midnight a couple of years ago, it would shock me if they didn't do something as anticipated as BATB.

But for the OP I would not count on it at all. (Though there are early release events on land on the 16th, so...you never know.)

oh gosh ... I really don't think we will do midnight for this movie. :( I want to enjoy it with my daughter and I am pretty sure we will be all super tired by day 4....lol I'll come back and update if they showed it.

Thanks.... ONE MORE WEEK..lol

I agree. Given that they PremiEared that stupid running movie at midnight a couple of years ago, it would shock me if they didn't do something as anticipated as BATB.

But for the OP I would not count on it at all. (Though there are early release events on land on the 16th, so...you never know.)

Mcfarland USA?

raw

We can no longer be e-friends. I love that movie.

Sailing on the wonder on the 12 thru the 16.... do you think they will show the new movie??

Thanks
We were on the Dream when Avengers: Age of Ultron came out (it was released May 1, which was our disembarkation day). They did a midnight showing of the movie on the ship, which they will likely do for Beauty and the Beast. However, if you're disembarking the day before it comes out rather than the same day, they probably won't show it.

We are on the Wonder March 16-19. We can't wait to see it onboard, hopefully!!

We are on the Wonder March 16-19. We can't wait to see it onboard, hopefully!!
As noted, DCL does PremEARS at Sea for new releases. Typically the day they open in land based theaters, there will be a 12:01 am show in the Walt Disney Theater. And then it will play in both the WDT and Buena Vista Theater for at least that day and the next. And multiple other showings during the rest of the cruise.

And, yes, in the past that has meant if the show opened on what would be the debarkation day for a given cruise, it would play at midnight (hours before arriving back at port). So you see some pretty bleary-eyed people getting off the ship in the morning.

We set sail on the 17th :) I'm counting on seeing it at some point on the Magic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter