"What's the Catch - Do I Not Get Bacon?" - 11/27 - TR started!

Your TR caught my eye because we visit in November too.

I actually laughed aloud at you saying you're married to a beast, so funny! Poor John :lmao:

Good luck with Be Our Guest. I had sleepless nights over it for weeks but yesterday was our ADR day and praise the Lord we managed to snag a reservation.

I am slowly starting to realize that getting my June 9th BOG dinner reservation without any fanfare was pretty much an anomaly. How did I manage to make that happen? :confused3

Good luck with BOG. I guess ADR time must be really soon! Keep those fingers limber. :laughing:

Oh that crazy BOG!!!!!
My sister and I both called at 180 days out to try to book something for our trip and when we called it was COMPLETELY booked!!!! It didn't make sense!
We called regarding every day of our trip at 180 days to try to get something and NOTHING! Insane!
We even tried (based on DIS suggestions) to change the size of our party (we are 5 and were told if you try to book odd numbers its hard) but nope that didnt work either!:confused3
Oh no! I hope you get your reservation! Keep checking, I know lots of people end up having to cancel. Good luck!

Boma (Breakfast) - AKL - We would love to try this one as well! (We eat here for breakfast almost every trip, it's a top 5 favourite for us!)
Boma (Dinner) - AKL
Kona (Breakfast) - Poly
T-Rex (Dinner) - DTD - We've eaten here before. It was okay. The food wasn't spectacular, but the environment was great. I'm pretty sure this one wasn't on the dining plan or it was 2 credits or something, so we don't do it often. (I thought it had changed and was now on the dining plan as one credit... better check that out!)
Sci-Fi Dine In (Dinner)- DHS
Via Napoli (Dinner) - Epcot
Be Our Guest (Dinner) - MK - We ate lunch here in December and it was amazing. I had tears in my eyes because it was so beautiful in there. The food was pretty good, but nothing compared to the atmosphere. My mom just went again last week and said that she was really disappointed by the food and service that time, which I was not happy to hear
(Hmm too bad about your Mom not having a good time! First bad review I've heard.)

As a fellow Anxiety Head Case, I feel for you :scared: I really hope that you get your BOG ADR!!
Hehe I know I'm not alone, not on these boards! Thanks!

So, I rebooked my trip at 130 days.... That gave people 50-60 days lead on me... I scored BOG for a 5pm ADR the other day. Caught me completely off guard bc I thought for sure it wasn't going to happen..... I happened to be trying to tweak my CRT ADR and stumbled upon it.... There is hope....

:goodvibes
Oh wow, that's good to know. That makes me feel a little better! :thumbsup2

Boma for breakfast is fantastic. I don't recommend the asparagus for breakfast though. Let's just say it stayed with me...
We LOVE Boma breakfast, it's firmly in our top 5 favourites. And ironically... I love the asparagus! :confused3

Sci-Fi is one of my favorite places to eat at the world!
Last time I ate here was just ehh... ok. AMAZING atmosphere though! DH has never been so I'm taking him. The menu has changed since last time I was there so I hope the food is better!

Kona's fantastic for breakfast as well. If you have to pay OOP for it, it's not a bad one to pay for.
We did Kona oop last year, first time. Amazing, and so worth it!

And I totally feel you about the ADR anxiety. I stalked Le Cellier like a madwoman for my last trip.
Yep, so did I! hehehe

Your TR caught my eye because we visit in November too.
Oh cool! What are your dates?

I actually laughed aloud at you saying you're married to a beast, so funny! Poor John :lmao:
[SIZE=""]Awh he's a good guy, he puts up with me even when I tease him. :rotfl:[/SIZE]

Good luck with Be Our Guest. I had sleepless nights over it for weeks but yesterday was our ADR day and praise the Lord we managed to snag a reservation.
Thanks! And how lucky for you, I hope we get just as lucky!

I am slowly starting to realize that getting my June 9th BOG dinner reservation without any fanfare was pretty much an anomaly. How did I manage to make that happen? :confused3

Good luck with BOG. I guess ADR time must be really soon! Keep those fingers limber. :laughing:
You have some ADR pixie dust Mary Ellen! :thumbsup2
Thanks, Monday is the big day!

I also had no trouble getting a BOG reservation for October. Well, I did have trouble at first with the new online site. When I logged on at 6 am, it wouldn't let me do the 180 +10. Then I remembered a DIS thread I read in the dining section and quickly found it.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081985\

I used the link in the first post and it worked perfectly! I made the BOG one first and ended up with a 6:15 pm reservation on the day I wanted.

I actually just finished reading your entire TR from September last year (fun way to blow off work today!). Now I'm thinking of changing one of my ADRs to Beirgarten. DH wants to eat there but I'm a little worried because I'm extremely picky. I don't like sausage and I can't eat pork at all. Do you think there would be enough other choices for me? I mostly eat chicken with some beef thrown in.

We'll be there November 4th - 19th. :cheer2:

I booked BOG for the 8th day of our stay when our 180+10 window opened up which obviously helped hugely. We're also eating at 8pm so I think that went in our favour too.

I think as long as you utilise your ADR window and are flexible on times you'll have no problems getting a BOG reservation.

Good luck with getting your BOG dinner Wendy! I know how hard those are to get!! BELIEVE ME, I know. I have a current dinner ADR at BoG that I need to cancel and I am unable to rebook for a different date. Maybe next trip....

And yes... you need to have a son and name him Michael! that's funny! :rotfl:

I also had no trouble getting a BOG reservation for October. Well, I did have trouble at first with the new online site. When I logged on at 6 am, it wouldn't let me do the 180 +10. Then I remembered a DIS thread I read in the dining section and quickly found it.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081985\

I used the link in the first post and it worked perfectly! I made the BOG one first and ended up with a 6:15 pm reservation on the day I wanted.

I actually just finished reading your entire TR from September last year (fun way to blow off work today!). Now I'm thinking of changing one of my ADRs to Beirgarten. DH wants to eat there but I'm a little worried because I'm extremely picky. I don't like sausage and I can't eat pork at all. Do you think there would be enough other choices for me? I mostly eat chicken with some beef thrown in.
For some reason I still see the old site every time I go. Old system and everything... I will keep this in mind though just in case. Glad to hear you got your BOG ressie you wanted!
Oh Biergarten is really good! I'm super super picky and Johnny is even worse and we both love it there. Lots of chicken options, some beef, lots of good veggies too. :thumbsup2

We'll be there November 4th - 19th. :cheer2:

I booked BOG for the 8th day of our stay when our 180+10 window opened up which obviously helped hugely. We're also eating at 8pm so I think that went in our favour too.

I think as long as you utilise your ADR window and are flexible on times you'll have no problems getting a BOG reservation.
Oh wow, that's quite a trip! How exciting!
Yes, I'm hoping that having the +10 advantage helps me too. And I might try for something later when most people want to be out watching fireworks! lol

Good luck with getting your BOG dinner Wendy! I know how hard those are to get!! BELIEVE ME, I know. I have a current dinner ADR at BoG that I need to cancel and I am unable to rebook for a different date. Maybe next trip....

And yes... you need to have a son and name him Michael! that's funny! :rotfl:
Thanks Brenda! I hope you can manage to rebook your BOG, that's a bummer!
Wouldn't we be a funny family? We'd have to legally change our last name to Darling. :rotfl:

Good luck with the BoG reservation! I know exactly what you mean about the stress of trying to book a particular restaurant. I think all faithful DIS boarders do, at some point.:rotfl2: But I'd think that as long as you book at your 180 day mark you won't have an issue. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the worst that'll happen is you have to pick a not-so great time or a different day.)

We are heading down to WDW on Nov 6, so yesterday was my ADR day. I got online at 5:50am and went straight for BOG for 11/12. I waited and refreshed, waited and refreshed. At 5:59 am (computer time), 3 available times came up. I snagged 6:15pm and was able to breathe. I had already prepared myself mentally for not getting in and had a back-up ADR planned. Good luck! I had all of my ADRs complete by 6:25. :cool1:

Good luck with the BoG reservation! I know exactly what you mean about the stress of trying to book a particular restaurant. I think all faithful DIS boarders do, at some point.:rotfl2: But I'd think that as long as you book at your 180 day mark you won't have an issue. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the worst that'll happen is you have to pick a not-so great time or a different day.)
I hope you're right. I tried at 8am this morning (7am Disney time) and they were all gone already for 180 days from today. :scared1: Tomorrow's the big day, I hope all goes well! I honestly don't care about the time or the date, as long as I get a reservation! :rotfl2:

We are heading down to WDW on Nov 6, so yesterday was my ADR day. I got online at 5:50am and went straight for BOG for 11/12. I waited and refreshed, waited and refreshed. At 5:59 am (computer time), 3 available times came up. I snagged 6:15pm and was able to breathe. I had already prepared myself mentally for not getting in and had a back-up ADR planned. Good luck! I had all of my ADRs complete by 6:25. :cool1:
Ohhh that's great news! I plan to be online nice and early tomorrow morning too so I will be playing the refresh game myself. Hoping in 24 hours from now I can relax!

First, a very happy Mother's Day to all you moms of children two-legged and four. I hope you have a great day!

Tomorrow is the big day!

I stretched my fingers this morning by checking to see if I could get a BOG reservation 180 days from today. I couldn't. At 7am eastern. They were gone in an hour. :scared1:

It's ok though because tomorrow I'm going to be up early and get ready.

In other news...

This trip I will have a couple of new toys to bring to Disney with me!

First:

sigma-18-250mm-macro-lens.jpg

Doesn't look overly impressive does it? I'm pretty excited about it. It's a Sigma 18-250mm macro lens. It may not be the sharpest piece of glass out there, but its wide range means that I won't have to change my lens at all while in Disney! Last year I got the Tamron 18-200 which I love, but Johnny wanted an all around lens too and Sigma put on some great rebates so I decided to order one for me and pass on my Tamron lens to Johnny.

tumblr_melb6lBZ4N1rjsshso1_500.gif

The second is only a possibility, but I might be getting a new camera. I know, I just got one last year! Here's the scoop.

I used to have a Canon Rebel XT. Last year when I got my T3i, Johnny inherited my XT. He loved it but couldn't help but notice that his camera had more limitations than mine. True of course, mine is about 8 years newer.

Yesterday he took my camera to his sister's graduation. He fell in love with it. He started looking in fliers, online, ebay, anywhere for a great price on a new camera. We found a great deal on the Canon 60D.

post-19215-128277574492.gif

For anyone unfamiliar with SLRs or Canons, essentially the Rebel series are their entry-level SLRs, the 60D is one step up - call it an "enthusiast level". A little bigger, a little faster, a little better. So we're looking into getting the 60D for me, and then Johnny gets the T3i. I'm going to check at work tomorrow, I think there are rebates out for Canon right now too.

Something MEK said in her post yesterday got me thinking. At work, we use our Facebook page to give little tips and lessons. We get people coming in all the time wanting to learn how to use their camera better, understand the terms and the technical aspects, so we put the information out there. I was thinking that might be fun to do here too -- a little Photography 101 if you will. I get a ton of PMs asking photography questions and camera questions so I thought I might do some sort of lessons. Just easy stuff, but things that could help take better Disney photos.

Anyone interested?

First, a very happy Mother's Day to all you moms of children two-legged and four. I hope you have a great day!

Tomorrow is the big day!

I stretched my fingers this morning by checking to see if I could get a BOG reservation 180 days from today. I couldn't. At 7am eastern. They were gone in an hour. :scared1:

It's ok though because tomorrow I'm going to be up early and get ready.

In other news...

This trip I will have a couple of new toys to bring to Disney with me!

First:

Doesn't look overly impressive does it? I'm pretty excited about it. It's a Sigma 18-250mm macro lens. It may not be the sharpest piece of glass out there, but its wide range means that I won't have to change my lens at all while in Disney! Last year I got the Tamron 18-200 which I love, but Johnny wanted an all around lens too and Sigma put on some great rebates so I decided to order one for me and pass on my Tamron lens to Johnny.

The second is only a possibility, but I might be getting a new camera. I know, I just got one last year! Here's the scoop.

I used to have a Canon Rebel XT. Last year when I got my T3i, Johnny inherited my XT. He loved it but couldn't help but notice that his camera had more limitations than mine. True of course, mine is about 8 years newer.

Yesterday he took my camera to his sister's graduation. He fell in love with it. He started looking in fliers, online, ebay, anywhere for a great price on a new camera. We found a great deal on the Canon 60D.

For anyone unfamiliar with SLRs or Canons, essentially the Rebel series are their entry-level SLRs, the 60D is one step up - call it an "enthusiast level". A little bigger, a little faster, a little better. So we're looking into getting the 60D for me, and then Johnny gets the T3i. I'm going to check at work tomorrow, I think there are rebates out for Canon right now too.

Something MEK said in her post yesterday got me thinking. At work, we use our Facebook page to give little tips and lessons. We get people coming in all the time wanting to learn how to use their camera better, understand the terms and the technical aspects, so we put the information out there. I was thinking that might be fun to do here too -- a little Photography 101 if you will. Just easy stuff, but things that could help take better Disney photos.

Anyone interested?

There has been a lot of great rebates on camera gear recently! I'm trying to fall back into my old hobby, and trying to figure out when my husband is going to get me the D7100 (if he doesn't do it soon, I'm going to be forced to do it myself, I have an old tired D70) I want to find a zoom lens that I can fall in love with.... One day... I would enjoy tips, I almost feel like I'm relearning so much since I took a 4+ year break from actual picture taking!

YES!!! I am interested in your photography 101. Teach me oh Master!!

Em has a Canon 40D and I have a Nikon D3100 (entry DSLR that I keep on auto so what's the point?) and a Sony HX1 Bridge camera. I have no clue about what ISO is or f-something or a word I've heard called appeture?? I'm clueless! Help me!

Oh, and glad to hear you have a fantastic new lens and potentially adding to your stable of cameras! :thumbsup2

Good luck tomorrow!!

I would love it if you posted little tips on your report! I am (hopefully soon!) going to be buying my first DSLR and I'm going to be getting a Canon so this would be perfect for me :)

There has been a lot of great rebates on camera gear recently! I'm trying to fall back into my old hobby, and trying to figure out when my husband is going to get me the D7100 (if he doesn't do it soon, I'm going to be forced to do it myself, I have an old tired D70) I want to find a zoom lens that I can fall in love with.... One day... I would enjoy tips, I almost feel like I'm relearning so much since I took a 4+ year break from actual picture taking!
My co-worker is in the same boat - has a D70, wants to upgrade to the D7100. (Although he's been eying the D600 we have in the store!) I have to say, I fell in love with my little Tamron, but I'm dreaming of a 2.8 zoom lens! hehe

Happy Mother's Day to you and good luck with your ADRs :) I would love to hear your tips! :)
Thank you! I think there's some interest, I'd like to go ahead and do some tips! :goodvibes Thanks for responding!

YES!!! I am interested in your photography 101. Teach me oh Master!!
Hehehe thanks for your interest, Brenda! I am glad there's some interest, I enjoy talking cameras.

Em has a Canon 40D and I have a Nikon D3100 (entry DSLR that I keep on auto so what's the point?) and a Sony HX1 Bridge camera. I have no clue about what ISO is or f-something or a word I've heard called appeture?? I'm clueless! Help me!
Ohh the 40D is a nice camera. So is the D3100 for that matter! ISO is sensitivity to light, f-stop is the exposure (kind of) and aperture is the hole in the lens that lets the light in. Hehehe I'll go over them again in a little more detail some day!

Oh, and glad to hear you have a fantastic new lens and potentially adding to your stable of cameras! :thumbsup2
Thanks! I'm excited to get to work today to find out!

Back for more replies later, I'm 5 minutes away from ADR time!!!!! Wish me luck!!!

I GOT A BE OUR GUEST RESERVATION!!!!

6:20PM ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH!!!!

EXACTLY WHEN WE WANTED IT!!!

:woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: :cloud9: :jumping1: :dancer:

Good luck tomorrow! That 60D looks nice. Would love to have a tips exchange.
Thank you! All the good luck wishes apparently helped!
Thanks for some feedback on the photography idea. I'm kind of excited for it.

Good luck tomorrow!!

I would love it if you posted little tips on your report! I am (hopefully soon!) going to be buying my first DSLR and I'm going to be getting a Canon so this would be perfect for me :)
Thanks!!
I'd just like to teach people how to better understand their cameras, especially SLRs. Thanks for your feedback!

Good Luck on ADRs!
Thank you! All the good luck helped!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter