• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the best thing to order at Rainforest Cafe?

This is one place we want to try on this trip. I've heard that the one at AK is the best one to go to, is this true? or are they really the same. I would also be interested to know what people like on the menu then we would have some kind of an idea what would be good to order.

Boncho said:
This is one place we want to try on this trip. I've heard that the one at AK is the best one to go to, is this true? or are they really the same. I would also be interested to know what people like on the menu then we would have some kind of an idea what would be good to order.

We have a RFC near home that we really do not like, but were very surprised at how much we enjoyed the one at AK. It was a nice mid-day break from the heat. We liked what we ordered, which was a hot wing app., country fried chicken, cheeseburger, volcano dessert (sorry I do not know exactly what the names of the things were). Just a little tip if you do "my points" they have RFC gift certs. you can redeem your points for.
Maybe that is why everything tasted so good it was free! :rotfl2: (just kidding)

I like the one at downtown (don't know why) No compliants on the MoJo Bones (ribs), Chicken fried Chicken and my favorite...China Island Salad. I can't vouch for anythig else, always seem to get the same ol thing, maybe I will be a little more adventuresome when I go in May!

A lot of people don't seem to like RFC, but I very much enjoy the food. I mostly eat off the appetizer menu, but all the appetizers have been quite good. I really like the Chimi Cha Cha.

If you drink, the Cheetah Rita is not bad.

My favorites are the steak/rib/coconut shrimp combo. Sometimes its just the steak/coconut shrimp combo. Their coconut shrimp are SOOO good. They are the best coconut shrimp I have ever had and I always compare others to the ones at RFC and they have never compared!! I usually share this, though with my DD. It would be too much for me. Especially if I wanted to try the VOLCANO! dessert.

I also like the potroast. I have always found it tender and yummy! The only thing is the carrots can sometimes be al dente, which I don't mind much. But they would be better sometimes if they were a little more cooked.

Of course, I also have to mention the VOLCANO! I especially like the dense brownie/cake thing on the bottom! The chocolate cake part is good too.

Maggie

We've gone twice to the AK RFC. Both times I've had the crab cakes because they are SO good! Dh had the shrimp platter of some sort this past time, and surf and turf the first time. He didn't really like the surf and turf but loved the shrimp.

We have to have a volcano for dessert and it's delicious! Too big for our family of four to finish, though we try!

Here are some pics of our last trip.

Disney2006652.jpg

[/IMG]
Disney2006653.jpg

Disney2006654.jpg

We go to one here in NJ. It's such a great place! I think I love it as much as or more then my kids. My favorite thing to eat is the China Island Chicken Salad. It's so good! My husaband is a burger guy so he is happy with that.

Our one ds likes the barbeque or shrimp pizza and the pizza is huge. I like the coconut shrimp. We just ate there at easter break and the other ds had crab cakes, dh had snapper and little ds had burgers. All the 3 ds shared the volcano for dessert.

My girls also have enjoyed the three mini burgers and mini hotdogs. Sometimes we get one or the other, and sometimes we get one of each so everyone can have both!! Also love their potato chips, and nothing beats an ice-cold Coke on a hot day in the AK!!!

I'm a big fan of the Rasta Pasta and the barbecue wraps (both chicken and pulled pork are great)

We've had the coconut chicken strips, peperoni pizza (regular and child), and the pot roast and found all of them very good.

I know some do not care for the atmosphere or the food but we love the RK. Of course I've seen nothing other than the desserts at many of the so called "fine dining" establishments that would interest me whatsoever :lmao:

jkmmah thanks for the great pictures.... I wonder who said "A picture is worth a thousand words", because your picture will surely get my DW who loves shrimp & coconut to go to RFC this Sunday (yes only a few more days).
:thumbsup2

Another vote for the Rasta Pasta. I really like this dish and have a hard time convincing myself to order something else when I go. It has chicken, penne pasta, broccoli, red peppers and spinach tossed in a garlic alfredo sauce. It's very good.

DD (11) has refused the "children's menu" for a quite a few years now and we love to go here and share the pot roast. It's a sizable meal and yummy. But I have to say the entire family loves when the come to our table and say "VOLCANO!"

We have eaten at both locations although more often at DTD. I thought they were both the same . . . no preference!

I took me a few times eatting here to find "my thing" on the menu. But now I have found it!!!

The Oriental Chicken Salad is fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter