What's the BEST thing on the BoG dinner menu?

snowybelle

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I had dinner at Be Our Guest last May, and while I enjoyed the castle decor, I was wholly unimpressed with the quality of the food. I had the scallops and shrimp in the puff pastry, as well as the Grey Stuff dessert, and I was really disappointed in both. As much as I love Beauty and the Beast more than anything, I swore to myself I'd never pay those prices for that food again, but... *sigh*

For an upcoming solo trip I am buying MemoryMaker and I would really like to get photo pass pics with ALL of my favorite characters (not every character ever, just the ones that make me giddy!) and the Beast is near the top of that list. Since BoG is the only place to meet him (and my photo with him from last spring didn't turn out great), I am contemplating a return visit ADR.

Which leads me to my question ... is there anything on the BoG dinner menu that most everyone seems somewhat satisfied with? Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing last time? I'm also contemplating having 2 apps for dinner instead of an entree. I've heard good things about the mussels and I love mussels, would they pair well with another one of the appetizers?

Any advice from fellow food lovers would be appreciated... :D Thanks!

I really enjoyed the steak when we were there last year. I rarely order steak out because I tend to be very picky about it but this was cooked perfect- exactly the way I wanted and had a great flavor.

As far as apps, DH had the French onion soup and thought it was great.

I wasn't really impressed with the Grey Stuff either... I did enjoy the taste of the strawberry cupcake that my kids had though.

I haven't tried it myself (yet), but I have never seen anyone on here say anything but great things about the Braised Pork.

I wasn't really impressed with the Grey Stuff either... I did enjoy the taste of the strawberry cupcake that my kids had though.

Thanks for your thoughts. :D
I keep reading about the Strawberry Cupcake!! Normally I wouldn't even consider ordering that (I'm more of a chocolate dessert gal myself), but I just might have to try it!

The lamb is really good-not an enormous portion but certainly enough for a regular appetite. I did not like the potato leek soup-very salty and the desserts were nothing to write home about. I had chicken twice-but they have changed that entrée since I ate there last year. I have had the garden salad-once again-nothing special about it. My daughter has had the mussels-she will order them whenever they are on a menu anywhere-and she thought they were good.

We have dessert elsewhere when having dinner at BOG.

I've seen a lot of rave reviews for the steak. Last trip I had the pork chop and it was really very good. Tender and flavorful and had a delicious macaroni au gratin on the side. DH had the braised pork and enjoyed it.

They had changed the shrimp and scallops slightly when we were there around Thanksgiving so you might want to give it a chance. I also liked the grey stuff. The French onion soup was wonderful for the appetizer.

The grey stuff is highly overrated; I think it's just crushed oreos and whipped cream or something. Not great. However the mussels are excellent! And the braised pork is delicious. As is the cauliflower puree that accompanies it.

We have eaten dinner here twice and I think the best thing any of us have ordered is the pork chop. I'm also not a fan of the grey stuff and much prefer the cupcakes. The French onion soup is also very good if you decide to go the appetizer route.

The steak is really excellent. I'm not a huge fan of any of the desserts I've had there, however. That includes the grey stuff.

My DH and I got the steak and we both thought it was great.
We have has the braised pork at lunch and it's very good.

DH and I really liked the steak (including the sides). Granted, I'm no steak connoisseur... We also tried each of the cupcakes as well as the grey stuff over the course of a lunch and dinner - the strawberry cupcake was by far my favorite dessert. My mom also really liked the french onion soup (I didn't try any).

I can't help with a dinner entree as we went for lunch and breakfast, but the French Onion soup was very good and the three desserts DD and I enjoyed were the lemon meringue cupcake, the chocolate cream puff, and the orange/chocolate eclair. Some folks on this board thought the orange inside the eclair was too citrusy... I loved it and didn't think it was too citrusy at all. Just thought I'd mention it. I don't blame you for going back to BOG. I hated the lunch entree I had at BOG, (Croque Monsieur - ham sandwich) but DD and I will be going back again for lunch anyway, lol. We plan to just order the onion soup and desserts. :)

I personally always get the potato leak soup and steak. I always enjoy both! My favorite dessert is the Master's cupcake, but I think it's only at lunch. It has the grey stuff as the icing on a chocolate cupcake. (I'm a big fan of chocolate!)

I had the mussels appetizer for dinner and loved it. The portion was very large. I also started with the assorted cured meats and sausage (serves 2) and really enjoyed that as well... and the lemon cupcake is TO DIE FOR!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter