What's the best ADR time?

disneybliss2

DIS Veteran
It will be myself, DH, and two DD age 3 & 7. We want to get up early, hit the parks, and stay a full day (we find going back to the resort for little one's nap is a hassle; she'll take a nap in her stroller. My DD7 can ride rides w/ dad while I stay in a quiet place w/ little one). We then want to eat dinner and go back to our hotel for a swim. We're going in June when it's busier. I'd like to be back in the hotel room by 8:00 for my girls to get ready for bedtime. We would like to swim from around 7:00-7:45 or 7:15-8:00 at the latest. We want to eat at Epcot restaurants or restaurants at hotels on the monorail (Ohanas, 1900 PF). We're staying at POFQ. What general time frame for a reservation time would put us to where we could eat, leave Epcot or the other hotel, and get back to POFQ by 6:45-7:00?
My husband doesn't want to have too early of a meal reservation, but I'm trying to explain to him that it's not an actual true timed reservation and we may end up waiting later than that time. I'm trying to account for being at the parks all day and wanting to have time to swim but not be up too late w/ due to my little ones.
Suggested times?

I'd go for a 5:00 ADR time. Some of the restaurants don't open for dinner until 5. If you schedule an early time, it lessens your chances of having to wait past your ADR time. I always plan on a TS meal taking an hour. That would have you done at 6:00 if you get seated on time. And it could take a 1/2 hour or longer to get back to the resort on the bus.

I agree, 5PM. Less chance to wait. With let's say ~30 minutes travel time and 1 hour eating time, then you should be back around 6:30/6:45. You could push it to 5:30, at the latest I would think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter