Whats really Cool?

Ray4Fun

Earning My Ears
Whats really Cool? Walking to your cabin when the doors are opened for the first time. Sigh,,,

Whats really Cool? Walking to your cabin when the doors are opened for the first time. Sigh,,,

We cruised over Christmas 2015. We boarded the ship about 10 minutes before staterooms were open to us new passengers. We decided to just go to the elevator lobby closest to our stateroom and wait there until we could drop off our carry-on luggage. We walked up to the hallway and we were looking directly into our stateroom with nothing but a rope keeping up from entering. Love first walking into our stateroom to see the gift Mickey has left us on the bed. We always get a veranda stateroom so after taking plenty of pictures before messing up the room with the luggage, we walk onto the veranda and watch the hustle and bustle below; we normally get a starboard side stateroom so we can watch whats happening on the pier. After taking it all in; we head up to the buffet for lunch, waiting for the ship to pull away from the pier and it finally feels like our vacation has begun.

Walking up the gangway and seeing the atrium with all of the cast members waiting to welcome you aboard. Even though my DW and I have done this 12 other times it still gets me smiling like a little kid.
I agree, it never gets old walking up the gangway and being welcome by the Disney Cast Members as you step into the atrium! pixiedust:
We have been on DCL seven time with our eighth cruise booked for next year :sail:10 months to go!!! :flower1::yay::flower:

During our June Wonder cruise to Alaska we had adjoining rooms with our daughter/husband, three grandkids (7-12), many dolls and stuffed animals. One evening we came back to our stateroom to a great towel animal. In the other room, because one of the princess dolls had a somewhat broken neck (result of tough love), all the other stuffed and doll friends were arranged in a circle around her lying in the middle of the bed. They seemed to be very concerned, as was the towel animal who joined in. A simple twist of the head and the princess was fixed and the rest of her "visitors" eventually wound up in various corners of the room. What a hoot and very cool!
Captain Hook came up behind my wife on our first cruise and tapped her on the shoulder with his hook...she jumped, then laughed when she realized who it was. Great fun! Probably the coolest thing about DCL for us is the surprise event that keeps bringing us back.

My Family and I took our first Disney cruise back in 2015 and the coolest part for me was seeing the look/smiles on my kids faces as we walked into the Atrium. It was priceless.

Walking to the port (San Diego and/or Vancouver in this case) and seeing the ship for that first moment as you turn the corner from the hotel or parking garage. The feels. They get so real right at that moment.

Forgot another cool thing on longer cruises. The crew members who conduct the safety drill and tours of the ship that first day more often than not are also members of cast of the stage show in the evening and are handlers for the princesses/characters during meet and greets. For example, when we did a B2B Med./WBTA last year, on the Magic, the safety drill guy in charge of our section also played the Thug with the hook (I've got a Dream) in Tangled that night. We saw him several times later and talked to him about his experiences. Another safety guy near us was also in the play and gave us a backstage tour later. The mouse keeps their crew busy. So many cool things on a DCL cruise, so little time!!

I like the feeling when cast members remember me from previous cruises. Makes me feel like we are old friends that haven't see each other for a while.

That first night, curled up in bed in our cabin, everyone snoozing, reading the next day's Navigator, too excited to sleep because I don't want to miss a minute. :love:

1 Jan 2016 being on the Magic when the 3 Disney Cruise ships first sailed together off of Castaway Cay!!!!!!
photo.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...33877902.22509.100003830976299&type=3&theater

I’m pretty sure that the “muster captains” are primarily entertainment, cruise staff, and kids’ clubs (I have had all before) because the majority of those positions speak English as a native language and/or with minimal accents. Not being discriminatory, but practical. You want people who can clearly communicate in a “familiar” accent/language in an emergency. Think newscasters - not overly accented, even in other countries the newscasters will have a more neutral accent for that language.

Waking up early on debarkation day, going out on the verandah to watch the sunrise and finding myself looking at the Dream all lit up. It had just gotten back from drydock. As I watched the sun rise a couple of dolphins appeared between the two ships and played in the water for half an hour. It was an awesome way to end our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter