What's one thing you do in your adult home that your parents didnt in your childhood home ?

My parents never kept liquor in the house. My butler's pantry is stocked. A lot of bottles have been there for years as we are not the biggest drinkers, but I like that I can make someone a drink with a liquor of their choice. Except tequila- I hate that stuff.

Use an AC unit, use a computer, use a cell phone, read books on a Kindle, use a microwave.

My parents’ house had a formal living room / sitting room where we were not allowed to be… ever. I think I can count on one hand the number of times that I was in that room, in the 18 years I lived there.

We use every single room in our home. My kids make themselves comfortable in every room, yesterday I found a fort in my dining room lol.

Go directly from the house into the garage without going outside. My parents house had an attached garage but no door into the house. You had to go through the big garage door outside, or the back door from the outside.

air dry the dishes. Started that when I was single and then when kids were young and husband worked shift work so I was home alone at supper.
We do have dishwasher so usually one couple pots.
My mother would not have allowed this lol.

Last edited:
Lol at the AC and pot--that's my house as well. Also air purifiers on hand for the incredibly terrible forest fire smoke we get about every other year.

Eat in front of the TV. My parents weren't uptight, but we always ate at the table. I'm trying to break this bad habit and get back to eating at the table!

Have electricity.
Having modern heat and AC.
Having Internet and electronic devices.

Lol at the AC and pot--that's my house as well. Also air purifiers on hand for the incredibly terrible forest fire smoke we get about every other year.
So you don't like some smoke, but not all smoke? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter