What's new for 2009??

perla75

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what new things to look forward to this year in WDW??

Please list any new rides, attractions, shows, restaurants, changes to hotels, travel deals, anything!!

Thanks!:cool1:

Great start!:thumbsup2 I've heard rumors about the SM rehab. What month will it be closed? I'm actually looking forward to this because I am NOT a fan if the current SM-I think it's too rocky & I don't like the single rider seats.

I did not know that the TTA will be refurbished. I hope it's not closed in the summer for our trip-I love this attraction as a break from everything else.

Ok, what else?? I've heard that the Caribbean Beach Resort will have new pirate themed rooms, but I'm not sure when that will happen. Anyone know?:confused3

They already have some pirate rooms. I don't know, if they're all finished yet or not. Don't they also have some Nemo rooms?

American Idol opens February 14 at Disney Studios.

A tequila bar and Latin-themed restaurant with the preliminary reported name "The Salty Rim" is reported to be opening at the former Pleasure Island sometime in 2009.

Space Mountain is closed for refurbishment between April 19 and "late 2009"

Things I've read or heard -

Obama in Hall of Presidents - refurb
TTA - Wedway People Mover - refurb
Space Mtn - refurb
American Idol - new
Possible talk of DL's Parade of Dreams - who really knows?
Reduction of alot of entertainment - welcome to 2009 - Year of a Million cutbacks.

Still figuring out about all the rides, attractions and etc. We are in the process of planning for our next trip. :)

Have a nice day everyone. :)

Speaking of cutbacks - Does anyone know if there will be any Pirates & Princess Parties?

Can you use regular tickets to get in? I have just read a couple trip reports giving highlights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter