• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's It Like at WDW Without Your Kids?

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
My dh has a convention in November and I thought I might join him on Friday and Saturday. We just got back from an 11 night stay and had a great time. We have never been away from our youngest and we have never been away from the other two for more than one night. We really want to get away, but I am already feeling anxious about it? What was it like without your kids? I just want to eat at some nice restaurants, go to the Food and Wine Festival and look around WS. DH wants to golf. It seems kinda strange to be going to WDW without our kids?

In a word - WONDERFUL! You'll be amazed at how many new things you notice because you're not worried about your kids!

DH and I were there for a convention. Ate at Shula's - would NEVER do that with the kids. Walked through all the shops at Epcot, and just relaxed.

Yes, we missed our 3 dds, but it was great to be just the two of us!

I can only imagine its wonderful! feel like sitting on a bench, ok. feel like skipping lunch, ok. want to take a backstage tour of the MK, no problem.......(big wistful sigh)

:cool: Ok , maybe I am the worst Mommy on the planet, but I have gone twice without my kids. granted, they we toddlers, and I needed (I really did) to go for business. The meetings just happenned to be at the Grand Floridian. (Not like I planned it that way or anything). SOOOOOO, in a nut shell, yes I went without my kids (and even without my husband for that matter.....somebody had to watch them) And I went with my best girlfriends! We had the absolute time of our lives! Sheer bliss! We ate, drank, and were merry. Rode all the rides again and again, and acted like teenagers. Our families would have been ashamed. Oh I'd do it again in a heartbeat! This year it's the kids turn however! Bringing them down in Oct and can't wait.

Go and have the time of your life (just don't tell 'em!)

Hey kristielee, I can join you on that worst mommy planet. I've had 2 trips without my 2 kids, and I'm considering one in September (my birthday is Sept. 11). My consolation is the group I travel with (a group of email friend disneyholics) has had about FIVE trips I didn't make it on, so I'm just catching up. ;)

It would be even better if dh could come along, but like kristie says, someone has to watch the kids. We got ONE night together in Nov. '00, he had a convention at the Dolphin and we only brought DD along. She was just old enough for the kids club, so she had her own night out while we had a real grown-up dinner with no chicken nuggets in sight.

If you can find reliable childcare - go for it! The kids need to understand that mom and dad are people, not just parents. It's good for everyone. :)

Ok, so my kids are a little older.....17 year old twins and a 19 year old.....I go to disney World once a year without them....the kids don't want to miss school and my husband doesn' like it...anyway someone has to watch them...so .....I go. This year I am going twice!! Once in May and now October 29th to November 11 yes 2 whole weeks and I love it!! Not a care in the world!! I meet my girfriend and her family down there (they live in Fort Lauderdale) and we go and have a blast with her 3 year old!! Going on the kiddie rides !!! Charcter Meals!!! Having breakfast with Cinderella!! Oh I could go on and On....I just love Disney World and yes I am addicted!! as soon as I get back I set my countdown clock and wait for my next trip!! :bounce: :p :o :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

denise 79 more days until 2 weeks at the Poly!!

:bounce:

Dandelion can I join your group ?????

My DH affectionately humors me with my Disney "obsession" (as he calls it) and has agreed to go in Oct (for the sake of the kids mind you), but I'd easily go every year. This will be kids first trip, so I need to start brainwashing them now (they are 4 and 2) LOL

I'll be the first to admit it. I LOVE everything Disney. It IS like a drug to me......my Dis fix!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter