What's in Alamo's Full Size aisle at MCO?

We arrived at MCO on 8/20 at about 6 pm and there were several full size cars, three minivans and several pick-up trucks in the full size aisle at Alamo.

Hi! Bumping! Anyone been here recently to comment on cars? We arrive Fri Nov 25 about 1:30 p.m......completely curious as to what we will see when we arrive (which I know is all a crapshoot)....

We rented on Friday. They had a few mini vans, 1 SUV, 2 pick ups and a few full size cars. Things were going super fast and they kept bringing in more.

I was there on the 1st Nov. Numerous Minivans, a few Santa Fe's/Tucson/Journey's, and a mix of Camry, Altima and a sole Fusion. They even had minivans in the compact section. Amazing comparing Summer break to off season months.

I was there on October 22. I had a reservation for a compact, there were none. I went to the booth and the guy said just take one out of full size (across from the compact row). I grabbed a Hyundai Sonata, which is my personal car, I figured I would know where things are! Not a bad deal for 8 days for $121!

Has anyone booked two cars in case there are no minivans on the full size aisle? That is have a minivan booked as a back up just in case?

Has anyone booked two cars in case there are no minivans on the full size aisle? That is have a minivan booked as a back up just in case?
Wouldn't you be keeping that same minivan from having the chance to move over to the Full sized isle by booking it? LOL.
I've not played this game (only wanted a Camry or Impala) but seeing the prices they charge for minivans, and having been that family person in the past who needed one, I understand why you would want to. Good luck, let us know how you make out!

If you do this make both reservations for hours later than your arrival because Alamo has no app, so you'll have to navigate the website on your phone to cancel the one you don't use before you reach the rental booth.

If your going now, you probably won't need the minivan reservation. Disney traffic has slowed now that children are in school. You'll find bigger cars even in compact now.

If you do this make both reservations for hours later than your arrival because Alamo has no app, so you'll have to navigate the website on your phone to cancel the one you don't use before you reach the rental booth.

If your going now, you probably won't need the minivan reservation. Disney traffic has slowed now that children are in school. You'll find bigger cars even in compact now.

So it sounds like you're saying they'd have to go to the garage, occupy the vehicle first and then cancel the one they won't be using via browser? Why would they need to make the reservations for hours after their arrival?

So it sounds like you're saying they'd have to go to the garage, occupy the vehicle first and then cancel the one they won't be using via browser? Why would they need to make the reservations for hours after their arrival?

In case of flight delays mainly. A hour or two after your scheduled to arrive is fine. You cannot cancel a reservation online once the time to pick it up has passed. You would need to call it in which creates more hassle and time consumed.

Go to the garage and check the relevant section. If you see a minivan in the full size aisle, secure the key so no one else takes it and then cancel the actual minivan reservation using your phone while keeping the full size one.

Last week (Saturday; 6-MAY at 11:30am), there were several mini-vans and quite a few sedans of different makes. We picked up a Toyota Camry; I remember a Nissan Altima and some type of Hyundai.

We reserved a full size car at the end of June 2017 and were really surprised to get to pick from minivans and full size pick up trucks. I hope this is still the case.

Anyone know if they still have minivans in the full size aisle??? Currently the rate is 60$ less. We are arriving around 3pm on Saturday 9/21....I hadn't realized the minivan may be an option in the full size category...... interesting

Anyone know if they still have minivans in the standard??
Very interested in this concept...does it work?

The last time I used the full size lot, there were only pickup trucks and full size cars. I was hoping for a small suv, but didn’t work out. This was May. I took a full size car. I say, if you absolutely need a minivan, it may not work out.

Last time I used the Full sized isle it was all full sized cars with a sprinkling of small SUVs. The SUV I tried out drove like a toy. Hated it.

Bumping up - anyone have recent experience with the standard/full-size aisle for Alamo (or National)? We'd be fine with a full size car, but wouldn't be disappointed with an SUV or Minivan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter