• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's happening with the Shareholders Club?

Bexx

DIS Veteran
I've heard good news and (for me) possible bad news - I don't think I'm going to have enough shares to join. :sad2: Can anyone confirm the new changes that are being implemented?

Hi

the changes as of 05/17 shall be:

500 shares minimum and 30€ for 2 years membership
free membership from 2000 on.

10% discount of hotel rooms and packages
15% on shopping
15% on table service restaurant.

They told that this changes will work from the time the are pblished on the shareholders club website.

Greets Renate :wizard:

2,000 Shares minimum for free membership, otherwise 30€. Given how cheap the Eurodisney shares are at the moment I don't think it is worth buying less than 2,000 as the membership fee for the Club has increased quite a lot.

Yep, that's what I thought. :sad2: So if I want to join now, I have to buy another 100 shares minimum! It's not the price of the shares I mind - it's paying the extra charges again that annoys me! :rolleyes:

Do you have a confirmation of the shares you own?
Fax the membership form today....and I guess it will work :cool1: cause they mailed somebody: "The old rules will apply this week-end.
The new conditions will be on line when the offer will be available on site."

Do you have a confirmation of the shares you own?

That's the problem, I'm still waiting for my certificate. I'm kicking myself because I was going to buy 500 and then decided that 400 would do! :crazy: Ho hum!!

Ditto. Mine ends late 2006 and although I have enough shares to renew when the time comes, it looks like I will have to pay the fee as I don't have 2,000 (I think my total is about 1,400ish following the new share issue).

Snap. I've got enough shares to qualify but I will also have to pay the fee to renew membership. I bought the shares in September but the correspondence to the shareholders club kept getting lost and in the end I had to fax my application through. At the time I was annoyed but now I'm glad as it means my membership is now valid until end 02/07. :goodvibes It would have expired 11/06.

Hi,

I was told by CM today that they where told yesterday about the new shareholder discount of 15% for shopping.

.....but they dont have any barcode for 15% :rotfl: :rotfl:

So it will be interesting to see how many times your purchases get entered as they try to apply this :teeth:

Reid

Are the new discounts in place now??

Next week will be my first visit as a shareholder, and will even better if there is even more money off the excellent food (maybe enough for extra desserts!).

Hi,

as Vittorina told me they are. But as I´m going also next week from thursday to sunday ( when will you be there?) I take a copy of the rules with me to show them to the CM you havent heard about it yet. :goodvibes

If you PM your email addy I will send you the file.

Greets Renate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter