• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's happening Feb. 6?

Nickarooney

Mouseketeer
All three onsite hotels show no availability in any category. Anything special going on around the area? That's a Tuesday and crowd calendars are predicting pretty low attendance in the parks for Tues & Wed. All days before and after have lots of availability, it's just that one evening. Just curious if anyone had insight as to that one day rush. TIA!

It could be some convention that has taken up a block of rooms or it could be a glitch in the booking system; I noticed that a number of the Good Neighbor hotel/motels also show no availability or only rooms that cost over a thousand dollars per night available via Disneyland.com, but if you look at them via their own websites or one of the travel sites, there is still plenty of availability (at normal prices).

I would have guessed that the winners of this year's Super Bowl would be more likely to go to WDW, given it's two east coast teams (I know that doesn't necessarily mean they go to WDW) and Minnesota is closer to WDW than DLR. Also, the player(s) are usually in a parade at the park and DLR's parade route is under construction.

I would have guessed that the winners of this year's Super Bowl would be more likely to go to WDW, given it's two east coast teams (I know that doesn't necessarily mean they go to WDW) and Minnesota is closer to WDW than DLR. Also, the player(s) are usually in a parade at the park and DLR's parade route is under construction.
That is very true! No room for any cars to go down Main Street at DLR. Maybe at DCA, but it still doesn't look great for promo photos-Disney won't really want to show off all of the construction walls!

Oh, I can’t imagine that it would be true...but it is more fun to think about than a bazillion convention goers :tongue:

I hope it's not too busy! I will be there the 3rd-9th, and am looking forward to my first time being in Disneyland during an "off-season". The past few times I've been it's been Thanksgiving, Labor Day weekend, and the week before Christmas.

The crowds have to be better than those crazy times, right?!? We’ll be there Feb. 3-7....say hi! Here’s to great weather, low crowds and overlooking all the construction walls :teeth:

Bump! In case anyone has more info!! We'll be there that time as well. We did travel last year in February and it was the busiest the park was for us the whole year (and we went in June, July, August, December & January)...I was hoping it was just a fluke and that this February would prove to be "slow". But perhaps it's always nuts around Feb...?:confused3

Oh wow, I hope not! I can't change my birthday so I kind of have to go when we are going if I want a Disney celebration :rolleyes: I'll make sure to make an offering at the low crowds altar before we leave and hope the attendance gods shine favorably upon us! :rainbow:

Oh wow, I hope not! I can't change my birthday so I kind of have to go when we are going if I want a Disney celebration :rolleyes: I'll make sure to make an offering at the low crowds altar before we leave and hope the attendance gods shine favorably upon us! :rainbow:
If you find out, let us know!

I'll be there that week as well. I sure hope it's not crazy. We always go in February and it been great crowd wise but it's been 6 years since we've been.

Looked up the calendar at the Convention Centre, the MD&M West Event is on Feb. 6-8. Billed as the world's largest annual med-tech event I imagine it would impact hotel availability. Hopefully it doesn't impact the parks as we'll be there Feb 5-10.

There seem to be a few rooms that have opened up at GCH and PPH, DH is still showing completely sold out and the other two have very limited choices. Anyhoo, hope it is a bunch of people who have no interest whatsoever in visiting the parks - ha! Happy trips, everyone!

Minnesota is closer to WDW than DLR.

Not really. I've done the flight from MSP to SNA and MSP to Orlando and it's pretty much the same.

Either way, ugh. I'll be there 2/6 & 2/7. If the patriots are truly there that would pretty much ruin my vacation, but to be fair, I'd feel the same way about the eagles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter