whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading a ton of posts lately and so far of all the hundreds of posts, only 1, yes that's a lonely 1, has had a negative thing to say about Fort Fiends. I wonder if that one post has more merit than all the others? It certainly wouldn't earn the advertisers more money. But what do I know about business. It's always better to keep the lonely 1 happy and to heck with the masses.

I have been reading a ton of posts lately and so far of all the hundreds of posts, only 1, yes that's a lonely 1, has had a negative thing to say about Fort Fiends. I wonder if that one post has more merit than all the others? It certainly wouldn't earn the advertisers more money. But what do I know about business. It's always better to keep the lonely 1 happy and to heck with the masses.

yes, appeasing the minority seems to be the theme as of late

One happy lil Cupcake!

Yep, at least have the "cupcakes" to come out with who you really are and what you are really about!!

Why, so you can "tattle" on me and get my real account banned? You all know right now you are clicking like crazy on that little exclamation point to report me. You all complain around here so much about getting "tattled" on, well guess what: if people are tattling on you so much, you are pretty fricking rude. You just refuse to realize it. Its all in good fun, right!!!

Hey BigFatKittyCat. How exactly does a new poster determine that it is 10 or 12 people in this supposed "clique"? Is that how many people you've given points to this week?? Because I can assure you, there are FAR more than 10 or 12 fiends.

But go ahead and do whatever you plan on doing. It really doesn't matter anymore. Everything will calm down again soon. Very soon.

LLMM!! LLFF!!!

Hey BigFatKittyCat. How exactly does a new poster determine that it is 10 or 12 people in this supposed "clique"? Is that how many people you've given points to this week?? Because I can assure you, there are FAR more than 10 or 12 fiends.

But go ahead and do whatever you plan on doing. It really doesn't matter anymore. Everything will calm down again soon. Very soon.

LLMM!! LLFF!!!

Like I said HIRE AN ACCOUNTANT!

Hmm, looks like someone has insider information here. I didn't click any triangle. How bout you Dave?

and besides...people who rant and go on tirades such as yours get nothing done to them anyway, so what is the point of reporting it anymore?

Why, so you can "tattle" on me and get my real account banned? You all know right now you are clicking like crazy on that little exclamation point to report me. You all complain around here so much about getting "tattled" on, well guess what: if people are tattling on you so much, you are pretty fricking rude. You just refuse to realize it. Its all in good fun, right!!!

I haven't ever clicked the red triangle, and never intend to! That is for the ones like you that can't play nice and have fun on the playground!

In response to the title of this thread "What's going on?" it's very clear what's going on: The administrators of the board are re-establishing order over an Internet forum that a clique of 10 or 12 snide, sarcastic people have somehow come to dominate. The place is full of silly, unfunny inside jokes and rude secret code.

It's simple, really: The Dis Board is an Internet forum about Disney World. It exists for one purpose, and it's not your perceived "community," it's to make money from advertising. Period. End of story.

Rude behavior, inside jokes, snarky comments, and crude language discourage new members from posting, which cuts into the Dis Board's business model. So guess what? You people need to go. Take your little "community" over to Facebook or some other private venue and make your dumb jokes about cupcakes. Let this place be for normal people who want to talk about the subject matter and ask the occasional normal question and get a respectful, helpful answer. Or how's about this: Go start your own forum. PHPBB is free. You can have a whopping membership of 15 and can post any rude thing you want. This place, meanwhile, can get back to what it's supposed to be.

My point exactly. Do you not get it? Do you not realize how sad it is that you had to ask to be "let into the fold"? It's a free Internet forum, not a country club or an exclusive socialite club. The people who run this place want dozens of people to join each and every day and just start posting. They don't want people to feel that they have to be "let into the fold" by other nobody members who paid nothing to become members themselves. If your forum has that kind of an air about it, as a forum operator, you have a serious problem. It's like a bar. You want as many people as possible to come in and buy drinks. You don't want a small band of thugs scaring people away with their high school whispering and giggling and only welcoming people in if they're "in the fold."

Evidently not. The administrator came on and hit the nail squarely on the head. Order needs to be restored if they want to keep the place profitable.

Really? Misguided? Really? No, the moderator understands the problems oh too well. It's just sad that she had to be put into such a position that she had to lay down the law. Grow up.

See ya!

Exactly. That's the idea: An Internet forum, not a private stomping ground. Go to Facebook for that. It's all you.

For every one of you that leaves, there will be 1,000 that sign up.

I hope the administrators stick to their guns and continue to break up the disruptive, abusive clique that has unfortunately congregated in, of all places, an Internet forum dedicated to a fricking amusement park.

...and a follower of a bunch of bullies. Wake up call: High school is over. You don't have to ask permission or get approval to join a stupid Internet message board.

DANG!!!! MEOW!!!!

AND ALL ON YOUR FIRST POST TOO.

IMPRESSIVE!!! (Where is a darn crowd of applauding smiley's when you need them?)

Just in case there was any doubt...yes that was snarky.:cutie:

Like I said HIRE AN ACCOUNTANT!

I am not talking about all the fort fiends Christy. I'm talking about the 10 or 12 rude bullies here who make this place their own little sandbox and ruin it for the people who aren't and don't want to be "in the fold."

Now go count your cupcakes!!!

You know, the only bad thing about this is every time we go to this page, they make money. They are laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe if it got reeaaal quiet around here, they might notice that. I'm just saying.

I am not talking about all the fort fiends Christy. I'm talking about the 10 or 12 rude bullies here who make this place their own little sandbox and ruin it for the people who aren't and don't want to be "in the fold."

Be an adult, and don't read or post if you don't like the thread!! Come on, it is all about choices! Plus how do you define a bully? I have been around for a very long time and have posted more tonight than ever, because I know these people and they are not bullies. There are just those who don't like to have a little fun! Like I have said over and over again.............stay off the community board if you don't want some humor! Isn't that why it was created, for OT's???????

You know, the only bad thing about this is every time we go to this page, they make money. They are laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe if it got reeaaal quiet around here, they might notice that. I'm just saying.

If this is so, why are they willing to send the ones away that post the most and are the most helpful? :confused3 Plus make so many follow them and leave the boards?

You really must not read this board that often. There are only 1 or 2 that post here that I would consider bullies. The regulars that have been the recipients of the heavy handed sanctions are not the rude bullies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter