Status
Not open for further replies.
what check, what promise?

i sent confections

Oh those! Yeah, I got those, thanks!!

hello-cupcake.jpg

Uh oh, I think Monique has BRD's "chicken ****ie" envy :lmao:

(can I say "****ie"?)

Hmm... unless you typed those **** I'd say the answer is...

no-480x360.jpg

The just keeps nosing around and now I think the master has found her points or no points guess we'll have to wait and see :surfweb:

Ok, this will be my 2nd time trying to post this bc the 1st thread I tried evidently got closed before I could post, so now I will save this in word before trying to post incase this thread *poofs* as well.

I just want to say that I lurk on this board daily, not because I don't feel welcome or that some "insider group" is using it as their private forum, but because I've only camped at the Fort once when I was 13 and tent camped a handful of times. I hope to convince DH to try out the Fort this fall, so I'm gathering as much info as possible so that he can't possibly say no :)
I only visit the other boards in this forum when i absolutely have to. This board is tame compared to some of the others. Is there the occasional snarky comment or gentle ribbing? sure, but 9 times out of 10 it's after the person's question has been answered and it never seems to be as mean spirited as people on the other boards who seem to live to rip people to shreds over asking a simple question.
If this board loses the regulars, I fear that the board will suffer a huge loss. The regulars are a wealth of information and create a great sense of family. Of course this is all just IMHO :)

i :love: the Fiends!!

Ok, this will be my 2nd time trying to post this bc the 1st thread I tried evidently got closed before I could post, so now I will save this in word before trying to post incase this thread *poofs* as well.

I just want to say that I lurk on this board daily, not because I don't feel welcome or that some "insider group" is using it as their private forum, but because I've only camped at the Fort once when I was 13 and tent camped a handful of times. I hope to convince DH to try out the Fort this fall, so I'm gathering as much info as possible so that he can't possibly say no :)
I only visit the other boards in this forum when i absolutely have to. This board is tame compared to some of the others. Is there the occasional snarky comment or gentle ribbing? sure, but 9 times out of 10 it's after the person's question has been answered and it never seems to be as mean spirited as people on the other boards who seem to live to rip people to shreds over asking a simple question.
If this board loses the regulars, I fear that the board will suffer a huge loss. The regulars are a wealth of information and create a great sense of family. Of course this is all just IMHO :)

Same here! :rolleyes1I check in frequently and love the welcoming banter this group provides. Kathy I don't know who you are, but I would have taken some time to to read the posts and then come to a conclusion about the people on here. :teacher: Today I see Mt Everest! There are some here who love to cause trouble but like DaisyD23 said the other boards are far worse and can be very mean. If it weren't for these discussion boards I don't know that I would have been able to talk my DH and 5 children into "camping" at the Fort. :hippie: Trip 5 is now reserved!!

momoffive
need to redo our next countdown!!

:thumbsup2I'm with you guys!!!

I'm with you guys too. I love the wealth of info here, I mainly post elsewhere because I've never gotten to camp there. We've stayed at CR and WL and I always boat out there just to see it.

Some day I plan to stay there, we have a popup, but mainly use it in MO because that's where we live. My DH isn't too keen on taking it all the way to FL, but I've been dreaming of sometime doing this.

It's encouraging to see this board and how they are family and friends, I'd like to think that most people appreciate it!

You guys are living my dream!!!!

Same here!

:thumbsup2I'm with you guys!!!

It's encouraging to see this board and how they are family and friends, I'd like to think that most people appreciate it!

You guys are living my dream!!!!
These four are obviously 4 of the smartest people on the entire DIS. Find one more poster like this and we'd have ourselves a genious basketball team.

Ya know, when I arrived on the scene here a few years ago, I could quickly see that there was a core group of folks that called themselves Fiends and that LOVED hanging around. They answered questions of newbs like me, but they also joked, camped together on occassion, and generally made this board a place that I enjoyed coming to...every freakin day. That's a lot clicks if you are an Ad counter.

I'll admit, my very first thought when I arrived on the scene was "this group is tight". And I wasn't sure whether they'd welcome anyone new. That thought lasted all of 3 minutes...about the amount of time it took for Jim to lob a good natured snarky comment at me. I could see that there was indeed room for another Fiend. In fact, the one thing I've learned over the past few years is that there is no "membership cap" on the Fort Fiends. It's open to all who love the Fort, love the fellowship, and love a good time.

Am I saying that there has never been a case where a new poster has felt offended by something here? Of course not. In a relatively un-moderated (well, until recently) forum populated by a large and diverse group of humans, there will undoubtedly be some ruffled feathers now and then. It's human nature. But I don't think there have been any mean spirited responses by the Fiends. I can't say the same for a couple of others on this board. And I certainly cannot say the same for other areas of the DIS, which should have a warning page you have to acknowledge before entering.

I hope this doesn't get poofed, as I really want these thoughts to be considered. Some have compared the Fiends to a family...but to me a family has a closed membership. You're either in or you're out. The Fiends aren't so much a "family" or a "group", as a movement. And anyone that knows me well enough knows that I am somewhat an expert on movements. :rotfl:

Ohhhh-HANA!!! :laughing:

This group will survive with or without this board. Personally, I like it here and hope to stick around. But if not, we'll find another way to remain tight. Heck, a group of us is getting together this weekend here in TN, and we never even discussed it on the DIS. It came together on another forum. So don't worry...the Fiends will survive. Hey hey.

I love you guys. :love:

These four are obviously 4 of the smartest people on the entire DIS. Find one more poster like this and we'd have ourselves a genious basketball team.

Ya know, when I arrived on the scene here a few years ago, I could quickly see that there was a core group of folks that called themselves Fiends and that LOVED hanging around. They answered questions of newbs like me, but they also joked, camped together on occassion, and generally made this board a place that I enjoyed coming to...every freakin day. That's a lot clicks if you are an Ad counter.

I'll admit, my very first thought when I arrived on the scene was "this group is tight". And I wasn't sure whether they'd welcome anyone new. That thought lasted all of 3 minutes...about the amount of time it took for Jim to lob a good natured snarky comment at me. I could see that there was indeed room for another Fiend. In fact, the one thing I've learned over the past few years is that there is no "membership cap" on the Fort Fiends. It's open to all who love the Fort, love the fellowship, and love a good time.

Am I saying that there has never been a case where a new poster has felt offended by something here? Of course not. In a relatively un-moderated (well, until recently) forum populated by a large and diverse group of humans, there will undoubtedly be some ruffled feathers now and then. It's human nature. But I don't think there have been any mean spirited responses by the Fiends. I can't say the same for a couple of others on this board. And I certainly cannot say the same for other areas of the DIS, which should have a warning page you have to acknowledge before entering.

I hope this doesn't get poofed, as I really want these thoughts to be considered. Some have compared the Fiends to a family...but to me a family has a closed membership. You're either in or you're out. The Fiends aren't so much a "family" or a "group", as a movement. And anyone that knows me well enough knows that I am somewhat an expert on movements. :rotfl:

Ohhhh-HANA!!! :laughing:

This group will survive with or without this board. Personally, I like it here and hope to stick around. But if not, we'll find another way to remain tight. Heck, a group of us is getting together this weekend here in TN, and we never even discussed it on the DIS. It came together on another forum. So don't worry...the Fiends will survive. Hey hey.

:thumbsup2 WELL SAID DAVE!!! I'm not going anywhere, I'm not gonna let one or two "crankies" ruin my fun!!!

I"m the fifth, but I can't play basketball. I agree completely! I have lurked on and off for years on this board and love to read all the posts. I am finally getting to go to the fort in Sept and have asked a few questions which were answered very helpfully and nicely. It is ridiculous that a few can spoil it for the many. I rarely post on the other forums - those people can be vicious!! `

I"m the fifth, but I can't play basketball. I agree completely! I have lurked on and off for years on this board and love to read all the posts. I am finally getting to go to the fort in Sept and have asked a few questions which were answered very helpfully and nicely. It is ridiculous that a few can spoil it for the many. I rarely post on the other forums - those people can be vicious!! `
Ok, Karen is our 5th. Don't worry about not being able to play basketball. I was told the same thing in high school. Apparently you're not allowed to tackle in basketball? :confused3

One of the things I loved about this forum was the familiarity of the people. I loved the snarky comments that often followed the answer. I spent hours reading the clothesline threads. They were great. This forum was a friendly place to visit. It's also unique in that there are/were so few people ripping someone to pieces for the fun of it. As far as I've ever read, it was light hearted fun.

If you scare away all the older fiends, you loose the knowledge base that makes it so successful. Not to mention the reason some of us come out everyday...

Well said Dave. I agree with everything. There are people who love to come to this board and read everything but not post. I did that for years until I thought I had something to say. I am so happy I did because the friendships I have developed from this board amazes me, as I said before they are life long friends. It is so sad that a few unhappy people want to make others as unhappy as they are. We are a fun loving bunch of campers who all met because we have so much in common. We all come from different places and may have different thoughts on things, but we have fun and that's what life is all about. If you can't laugh I feel sorry for you.
When I first came on this board I did get information that I asked for, I had been camping at the Fort for 30 years and still learned things from here that I never knew. Everyone is so willing to share the info that they have.
I check this board every day more than once a day. to check on what is going on. I think that all the posts should be read from the people who don't normally post and listen to what they are saying - :woohoo:

After your post Dave, I'd say you're our 5th genius! :goodvibes

Couldn't say it any better.

I'll admit, my very first thought when I arrived on the scene was "this group is tight". And I wasn't sure whether they'd welcome anyone new. That thought lasted all of 3 minutes...

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 My experience exactly.

... I certainly cannot say the same for other areas of the DIS, which should have a warning page you have to acknowledge before entering.

Sad but true. I used to frequent the Theme Parks board - which by comparison to some others here on the DIS used to be relatively tame. But even there the level of sanctimonious meanspiritedness has been running off the charts for some time now.

It's started to feel like there handing out soap boxes there on a daily basis. Or advertising membership only to people who know exactly what YOU should do with YOUR life. :sad2:

It's to the point where I barely ever go there. And I can generally tell within 3 posts if a thread is going to horribly wrong.

Heaven forbid some innocent newbie stumble over there and ask a question that in any way, shape or form can be construed as trying to "put one over on the mouse" - get out the firesuits, STAT!

What I find most interesting is that it IS usually crystal clear within a few posts or a page that it's going to get ugly, and yet more often than not these threads run on for 10, 20 pages or more before they're finally closed or the angry masses run out of steam. :confused3

This group will survive with or without this board. Personally, I like it here and hope to stick around. But if not, we'll find another way to remain tight....So don't worry...the Fiends will survive. Hey hey.

Right back atcha Dave! :flower3:

:woohoo:We camp because we like to meet people not just walk by them in the hallway and not say hello, and I got the same feeling here as if we were camping. Most of the time I always got the answer to my question,as far as getting bashed for my question plus I always was able to find out alittle bit more then I thought i would.
I hope that someday I will be able to meet some of the folks who have been helpful to me and many other folks who turned to this forum for help.

One of the things I loved about this forum was the familiarity of the people. I loved the snarky comments that often followed the answer. I spent hours reading the clothesline threads. They were great. This forum was a friendly place to visit. It's also unique in that there are/were so few people ripping someone to pieces for the fun of it. As far as I've ever read, it was light hearted fun.

If you scare away all the older fiends, you loose the knowledge base that makes it so successful. Not to mention the reason some of us come out everyday...

I'd like to clarify something if I may. We are not talking "older" fiends as in age, but "older" as in long-standing, right? Because, in my head, I'm only 23! ;):thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Well, now you have a reserve on the bench for the bball team.

I enjoy watching the banter, and joining in occasionally. Those who don't enjoy it are the ones who should be told to find another playground. The ones who are having fun, and playing together nonstop, are the ones who are using it correctly in the first place.

One more thing to keep in mind. This website is a commercial enterprise, and generates $$$ by selling the banner ads that pop up. Who generates more money, thus earning the title of more important customer- the occasional poster, or the regular with several thousand posts?

As far as I'm concerned, the complainers need to get over themselves.

Awww... You DO care. :goodvibes

Oh yeah... :thumbsup2

I don't play basketball very well but I'll be more than happy to serve as watergirl or cheerleader.

:woohoo:We camp because we like to meet people not just walk by them in the hallway and not say hello, and I got the same feeling here as if we were camping. Most of the time I always got the answer to my question,as far as getting bashed for my question plus I always was able to find out alittle bit more then I thought i would.
I hope that someday I will be able to meet some of the folks who have been helpful to me and many other folks who turned to this forum for help.

I agree!

A few years ago I had a VERY bad experience at the fort and it was the people on this board and their enthusiasm that went a long way in getting me to give it another chance.

Like others posting today, I have been a lurker not a poster, but I LOVED coming here and reading. I also read other boards on the DIS and other forums on the net. I CANNOT believe that anyone who has done the same would come to the conclusion that this board needs "fixing"!

I mean TCD?!?!? PLEASE!!! He is one of the main reasons I came on here everyday..... His trip reports are legendary and BTW have also generated a massive amount of buzz and traffic to this site that would have never come here otherwise.

His reports are why I got excited to go back to the fort this month. Why? Because I wanted to see for myself some of the places he and others talked about HERE ON THIS BOARD....

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter